Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    AHA would have to split into 2 separate conferences for that to happen - AHA and CHA :eek each with its own governance. IIRC the NCAA has said that splitting a conference just to get more autobids is frowned upon.
    it's not just frowned upon - you don't get two bids unless you split into two totally separate and unconnected conferences as the WAC did when it split into the MWC.
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
      To each his own, Terry... I couldn't have cared less when I stopped in Cleveland (I was on a bus trip that actually stopped at the Rock and Roll HOF - I went to the gift shop, but didn't waste my money on admission), but would stop in Canton at the Pro Football HOF anytime, despite not hearing good things about it (no, I've never been there - but I'd try that at least once).
      As a downstater, stopping in Cleveland for anything is considered ill-advised.

GFM <-- thinks Sam Wyche is right about Cleveland.
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

Amen!

But gained a bit of appreciation - albeit not much - for Cleveland when the kid played there a couple seasons.

And I had my share of Beavercreek/Dayton...you know, join the Air Force to see the world, got stationed @ WPAFB for 7 years...lol

Comment

I don't believe I could rate Cincinnati any higher than Cleveland though.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
            And I had my share of Beavercreek/Dayton...you know, join the Air Force to see the world, got stationed @ WPAFB for 7 years...lol
            That's why we were there from 1983-91.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

We're willing to travel. Often. 12 home dates this year. 10 last year. We're used to the travel. I guess it's because we start with UA.

That said, we've got to have some home games. What's the point in having a team if they're never here in Huntsville?

GFM
              Solution: Drop the affiliation with UAH, and become "America's Team." No home games. Travel time for the CCHA teams? None! Arena? Yost, Munn, Joyce, VCA, etc.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Solution: Drop the affiliation with UAH, and become "America's Team." No home games. Travel time for the CCHA teams? None! Arena? Yost, Munn, Joyce, VCA, etc.
                I actually like this idea. It would make up for the mid to late '90's (click on any season from '94-95 to '98-'99) when UAH had an average of 22 home games and 5 road games a year...
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass
                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

"Who hates Huntsville?!"

The CCHA, apparently.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    "Who hates Huntsville?!"

The CCHA, apparently.
                    Why are Gopher fans repeating all my jokes today?
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Didn't know you said it. I assumed that someone did at this point, but didn't bother checking.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

People who insult Cleveland, Geof, don't understand the pure awesome of it.

100" of snow every year? Yep. Three seasons - winter, almost winter, and hot and humid? Yep. Great food- oh God yes.

If someone's visiting, stop in at these three places: Slyman's (best corned beef sandwiches outside of the Carnegie Deli, and sometimes better), Aladdin's Baking Company (best pocket pita I've had in the US), and Alesci's Deli... which I have been missing since I left to go to Ohio State and I still import their wares to Alabama.

I'd love to have any of those three places nearby every day of the year, and I haven't found anything like it anywhere else I've lived. Huntsville doesn't even know what a deli is... there isn't one in the entire county (deli counters in supermarkets don't count).

Sounds like you and me need to go to Cleveland some time and get some good food together.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          Love?
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by fairman View Post
                            People who insult Cleveland, Geof, don't understand the pure awesome of it.

Three seasons - winter, almost winter, and hot and humid? Yep. Great food- oh God yes.
                            This describes MN, which is a much better place. With better hockey, too. Despite SCSU. And Mankato. And tUMD.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"Who hates Huntsville?!".
                              Maybe Moose can answer this. Are there any of those shirts laying around that a guy might be able to purchase one. I have seen a few them around Bemidji but haven't been able to purchase one.
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

"Who hates Huntsville?!"
                                WE'RE INDIFFERENT!!!!

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X