Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
    Who hates Huntsville? The CCHA hates Huntsville! (I'm indifferent)

GFM: This is a great idea. Great of you to spearhead this. The only question I have is, is this okay by the NCAA rules? Or will nameplates "have to be shipped separately?"
    Last edited by aparch; 03-27-2010, 02:25 PM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
      Who hates Huntsville? The CCHA hates Huntsville! (I'm indifferent)
      It's the 2nd intermission and I don't feel UAH is making much of a case for themselves. At the same time, Yale leads the UND 1-0. I was hoping for a more impressive showing given how I know of UAH from their American College Hockey Association (ACHA) days where they played teams like Ferris State, Notre Dame, and St. Cloud State before they were ready for prime time in D-1 hockey.
      Last edited by YostWithTheMost; 03-27-2010, 04:52 PM.

Comment

It was even at even-strength hockey.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          We are working up an opportunity to purchase one of UAH's road blues. Please contact us if you're interested. I know that USCHO'ers like jerseys, and many of you have wanted to help out. This would be a very tangible way to help and get something for your contribution.

GFM
          GF I would be interested in helping with a purchase.

D1 Hockey vacuum of SoCal

Comment

Awesome. We'll try to nail down details in the next week. I'll post here and on SaveUAHHockey.com.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by YostWithTheMost View Post
              It's the 2nd intermission and I don't feel UAH is making much of a case for themselves. At the same time, Yale leads the UND 1-0. I was hoping for a more impressive showing given how I know of UAH from their American College Hockey Association (ACHA) days where they played teams like Ferris State, Notre Dame, and St. Cloud State before they were ready for prime time in D-1 hockey.
              A 2-1 game against the #1 team in the nation, where said #1 team got the majority of power play chances.

I'd say that is a **** impressive showing and UAH showed they can play with anyone.
              BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                A 2-1 game against the #1 team in the nation, where said #1 team got the majority of power play chances.
                As you know, UAH scored near the end of the 3rd period. My comments were made during the 2nd intermission.

As far as any team being #1 at this time, this is meaningless.

How do I know?

Michigan beat Miami 5-2 on March 19 on neutral ice to eliminate the No. 1 seed Redhawks from CCHA Tournament Championship contention.

This does not change that Miami is the reigning regular season CCHA Champion, but what does that matter now? Miami is the No. 1 seed in this tournament as well. All questions regarding Michigan and Miami for this season will be answered tomorrow on the ice.

Also, there has to be a reason for UAH giving Miami the majority of powerplay chances. They couldn't stay out of the box while their opponent controlled the play so completely.

Comment

Also, there has to be a reason for UAH giving Miami the majority of powerplay chances. They couldn't stay out of the box while their opponent controlled the play so completely.
                  Go ask the many Michigan fans who were unhappy with how the MU-UAH game was refereed.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

As you know, UAH scored near the end of the 3rd period. My comments were made during the 2nd intermission.

As far as any team being #1 at this time, this is meaningless.

How do I know?

Michigan beat Miami 5-2 on March 19 on neutral ice to eliminate the No. 1 seed Redhawks from CCHA Tournament Championship contention.

This does not change that Miami is the reigning regular season CCHA Champion, but what does that matter now? Miami is the No. 1 seed in this tournament as well. All questions regarding Michigan and Miami for this season will be answered tomorrow on the ice.

1. That shows you, you shouldn't judge a team without taking into account the whole performance.

2. Yeah, lets forget that a team has been the best team in the nation for the majority of the year because they lost one single elimination game!

That is just silly.
                    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Hey GF
                      I'm just going to give a donation Wednesday to UAH and use my companies matching funds to double what I give. I've got my Train third jersey signed by all the players and that is all I really need until next year when I donate to the "blue Line Club" again.
                      John

Comment

Based on what the President of the CCHA said in an interview late last year with USCHO UAH has a really good chamce to get in, believe it or not. Like you said it would be the 2011-2012 season before they would be admitted and 2012-2013 season before conference play would be a factor! At least this is the way the CCHA prez talked in the interview!

Comment

Sure hope the CCHA accepts UAH at some point. If it's going to happen, why would it take two years?

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
                            Sure hope the CCHA accepts UAH at some point. If it's going to happen, why would it take two years?
                            I think it's because a year is spent as an independent D-I team. There must be some clause where if you are immediately switching from one official league to another, that you are automatically welcome to participate in the post-season, but any team coming from independent to a league must wait a year. I know with the ECAC, when Quinnipiac went from Atlantic to ECAC, they were allowed to participate in the post-season that year. I'm guessing there is a similar predicament happening with Bemidji and their move to the WCHA.

Comment

I think it's more to do with scheduling than anything. UAH has 24-26 games lined up for 2011-12, per Coach Cole at the banquet. He's in Tampa trying to flesh that out. Now, sure, folks will understand if we break contracts because we suddenly got back into a league, but it's not just our schedules that have to be flexible. That's why I figure UAH has two years, at minimum, of being an indie.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
                                Conference schedules are usually made several years out to ensure that every team visits every other team an equal number of times (or as near as possible) before upsetting the apple cart.

Plus, as Geof-fa-fa said, we will want to fulfill our independent game contracts prior to having said opportunities gutted as a part of a conference (NTTAWWT).
                                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                                2006 Time Person of the Year
                                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Working...
                                X