Save Uah Hockey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goon View Post
    That is the biggest load of bull **** and you know it. In fact that is a stupid comment I wouldn't slamb someone for saving a baby, what the hell does that have to do with the BTHC..
    The point is that no matter what, you'll say what you want about the Gophers, true or not, because you can't see them with your Fighting Halo hanging in front of your eyes. If this place is truly lit up with Gophers fans claiming the BTHC will happen, show us the goods.

btw - save the 'skippy' label for the coccoon that is ss.com, where it's safe, warm, free from the big bad world that is reality and no one is there to call out your b.s.

Comment

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      The point is that no matter what, you'll say what you want about the Gophers, true or not, because you can't see them with your Fighting Halo hanging in front of your eyes. If this place is truly lit up with Gophers fans claiming the BTHC will happen, show us the goods.
      Ewwwww. I think I speak for pretty much everyone when I say we don't want to see Goon's "goods".
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
        You can never have enough boobs.
        So that explains why you work so hard at being one...

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          that'd be a great setup, but it doesn't solve the lack of a postseason problem. for a recruit with an offer from independent uah and aha robert morris with the chance at playing in a conference tournament and a realisitic shot at the ncaa tournament, it's close to a no-brainer. most if not all of the top prospects uah looks at would likely go to a team with a conference. that's probably the biggest uphill battle you'd face as an independent.
          No doubt. It's certainly not ideal, but it keeps us playing D-I hockey until either the landscape changes or the CCHA decides that we're not all that bad after all.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Problem with that scenario is "I'd think" and they shouldn't have to think. UAH was trying to get big name schools and it didn't work it was a little greedy on their part. Coach and AD should've put in application to Atlantic Hockey. It gives them 13 so what, nobody in the WCHA and CCHA really wants to play them so what is the big deal.

I remember when their used to be more Atlantic Hockey teams like Iona, and Fairfield that are no longer what happens when another team possibly gets dropped at least they have more than enough programs to survive.

Again if Navy makes the move to D1 which is definitely a possibility within the next few years.

It would give them 14 teams and the Atlantic Hockey Conference could have two seperate 7 team conferences including two autobids. I don't see a down side to becoming the Nations largest conference. UAH was dumb as they all thought Bowling Green was going to drop its program but there is no way that is going to happen as they have too many prominent alumnit to allow that to happen. Wake UP UAH and reach out and ask for help from the Atlantic Hockey if you want to save your program.

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            the problem with that scenario is that it gives AHA 13 teams which would be just as, if not more awkward than 11. if uah is willing to travel a bit, an 11 team ccha might make being an independent not as impossible. id think the other former cha teams would be more than happy to schedule early season ooc series' with them, as would some ecac/aha teams. if they can pick up a few of the weekends the odd ccha team out isnt playing they might be able to put together a schedule. the problem becomes, what kind of postseason possibility would they have without the benefit of a conference tournament and an auto-bid, and a very unrealistic possibility of an at-large pwr birth.

Comment

Originally posted by scoopnroll View Post
              Problem with that scenario is "I'd think" and they shouldn't have to think. UAH was trying to get big name schools and it didn't work it was a little greedy on their part. Coach and AD should've put in application to Atlantic Hockey. It gives them 13 so what, nobody in the WCHA and CCHA really wants to play them so what is the big deal.

I remember when their used to be more Atlantic Hockey teams like Iona, and Fairfield that are no longer what happens when another team possibly gets dropped at least they have more than enough programs to survive.

Again if Navy makes the move to D1 which is definitely a possibility within the next few years.

It would give them 14 teams and the Atlantic Hockey Conference could have two seperate 7 team conferences including two autobids. I don't see a down side to becoming the Nations largest conference. UAH was dumb as they all thought Bowling Green was going to drop its program but there is no way that is going to happen as they have too many prominent alumnit to allow that to happen. Wake UP UAH and reach out and ask for help from the Atlantic Hockey if you want to save your program.
              The CHA already made overtures to the AHA and were rejected. We fit the CCHA's footprint far better. AHA is a cost-containment league and we'd rather not step down to 11 schollies if we can afford it. Have we applied? I don't know, but I gather not. Will we apply? Possibly, if we decide that being an independent is worse than being in a cost-containment league.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Problem with that scenario is "I'd think" and they shouldn't have to think. UAH was trying to get big name schools and it didn't work it was a little greedy on their part...
                So wanting their program to survive is being a little greedy?
                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                Eric's Twitter
                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

AHA would have to split into 2 separate conferences for that to happen - AHA and CHA :eek each with its own governance. IIRC the NCAA has said that splitting a conference just to get more autobids is frowned upon.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

No, they weren't "being greedy." They were "doing what's best for the program."

Trips to Sacred Heart, UConn, Bentley and AIC are no better than the trips to Air Force (which we'd get back) and Bemidji that we had before.

The only harsh(er) trip we'd be trading out with the CCHA is Bemidji for Alaska. We've done NMU and/or Lake State and/or Western pretty much every year for the past 4-5.

Plus, it aligns us with our two geographically closest opponents: Miami and Ohio State.
                    UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                    2006 Time Person of the Year
                    Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                    It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                      No, they weren't "being greedy." They were "doing what's best for the program."

Trips to Sacred Heart, UConn, Bentley and AIC are no better than the trips to Air Force (which we'd get back) and Bemidji that we had before.

The only harsh(er) trip we'd be trading out with the CCHA is Bemidji for Alaska. We've done NMU and/or Lake State and/or Western pretty much every year for the past 4-5.

Plus, it aligns us with our two geographically closest opponents: Miami and Ohio State.
                      I don't the logic that UAH is being Greedy either.
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

... UAH was dumb as they all thought Bowling Green was going to drop its program but there is no way that is going to happen as they have too many prominent alumnit to allow that to happen. ...
                        Just the opposite, UAH has been HOPING for BGSU's survival to give the CCHA more motivation to add a team to replace UNO and again have an even number of teams. The CCHA's decision calls into question their belief in BGSU's survival. Also, BGSU is one of the closest UAH travel destinations.

Comment

Isn't BG closer than RMU? At least there's a fairly direct route to BG, whereas going to PGH is either a trip through Cowlumbus or the Appalachians.

[Before you get upset about the Cowlumbus crack, tOSU fans ... I grew up in Greene County, Beavercreek specifically. My heart is still in Ohio. It's just that I love to crack on Columbus. You know how Daytonians are.]

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

... Plus, it aligns us with our two geographically closest opponents: Miami and Ohio State.
                            It alligns UAH with their six closest opponents (Mich., BGSU, OSU, ND, WMU, & Miami) according to the earlier distance post. Mich. St. and Robert Morris are about equidistant.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              ...[Before you get upset about the Cowlumbus crack, tOSU fans ... I grew up in Greene County, Beavercreek specifically. My heart is still in Ohio. It's just that I love to crack on Columbus. You know how Daytonians are.]

GFM
                              We just recently returned from the Ohio State Fair in Columbus! It's a great state fair. At least it was a cow crack instead of a sheep joke. We also attended one of the nation's greatest parties in Dublin OH, the Dublin Irish Festival. http://www.dublinirishfestival.org/ I don't generally like museums, but the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland is a "must-see". http://www.rockhall.com/ If you like biking, the Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath Trail in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park can't be beat. http://www.nps.gov/CUVA/index.htm This was our second OH vacation in two years. We left the Football Hall of Fame to those who like watching slow sports.

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                                I don't generally like museums, but the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland is a "must-see". We left the Football Hall of Fame to those who like watching slow sports.
                                To each his own, Terry... I couldn't have cared less when I stopped in Cleveland (I was on a bus trip that actually stopped at the Rock and Roll HOF - I went to the gift shop, but didn't waste my money on admission), but would stop in Canton at the Pro Football HOF anytime, despite not hearing good things about it (no, I've never been there - but I'd try that at least once).
                                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                                ECAC:
                                HEA: UMass
                                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                                X