Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    That isn't a meltdown that's a beat down. Who is FTLT? First Time Long Time? I do not know that person.
    That's a beatdown? No that's completely missing the point.
    Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Larch View Post
      That's a beatdown? No that's completely missing the point.
      So says you.
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

The funny thing is if UAH joined Atlantic Hockey they could very well split into two conferences an Atlantic West and Atlantic East

Atlantic West would be:

AirForce
        UAH
        Canisius
        Niagara
        Mercyhurst
        Robert Morris

(Penn State or Navy could join at a later time, If Navy were to join they would go in the East and RIT in the West.)

Atlantic East would be

AIC
        Army
        Bentley
        UConn
        Holy Cross
        RIT
        Sacred Heart

I think that Atlantic Hockey should do the noble and unbelievable thing and extend a hand up to UAH. When of the other schools out there that are in trouble and ends up dropping its program then the CCHA will come begging have them come in.

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
        If Penn St added a team there'd be a third option that would benefit everyone. Form a new conference! Have the new conference consist of Bowling Green, Ohio St, Penn St, Niagara, Robert Morris, and UAH. The new conference would be competitive and have small travel costs with the occasional trip down to Huntsville. The remaining Michigan schools will get more games against Mich, Mich St, and Notre Dame and reduced travel budget. It also opens up expansion possibilities to schools such as Kentucky, Syracuse, and Northwestern. Everybody wins.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          Southern women, by God.

GFM
          I'm all for that, even if we already have enough boobs in charge of the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            I'm all for that, even if we already have enough boobs in charge of the conference.
            Thankfully gfmorris is talking about the good kind of boobs...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by scoopnroll View Post
              The funny thing is if UAH joined Atlantic Hockey they could very well split into two conferences an Atlantic West and Atlantic East

Atlantic West would be:

AirForce
              UAH

Canisius
              Niagara
              Mercyhurst
              Robert Morris
              That would be a neat sub-division, you have the old CHA teams and then from the Division II days you have Mercyhurst.
              Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                You can never have enough boobs.
                Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  Yessir.

http://saveuahhockey.com/2009/08/18/...-cole-on-wump/ --- that's our coach on the local sports talk station. 10m39s if you'll make the time to listen.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by scoopnroll View Post

Atlantic West would be:

AirForce
                    UAH
                    Canisius
                    Niagara
                    Mercyhurst
                    Robert Morris

(Penn State or Navy could join at a later time, If Navy were to join they would go in the East and RIT in the West.)

Atlantic East would be

AIC
                    Army
                    Bentley
                    UConn
                    Holy Cross
                    RIT
                    Sacred Heart

I think that Atlantic Hockey should do the noble and unbelievable thing and extend a hand up to UAH. When of the other schools out there that are in trouble and ends up dropping its program then the CCHA will come begging have them come in.
                    the problem with that scenario is that it gives AHA 13 teams which would be just as, if not more awkward than 11. if uah is willing to travel a bit, an 11 team ccha might make being an independent not as impossible. id think the other former cha teams would be more than happy to schedule early season ooc series' with them, as would some ecac/aha teams. if they can pick up a few of the weekends the odd ccha team out isnt playing they might be able to put together a schedule. the problem becomes, what kind of postseason possibility would they have without the benefit of a conference tournament and an auto-bid, and a very unrealistic possibility of an at-large pwr birth.
                    time to write new history

Comment

So says you.
                      Goon, you are so far off it's insane. Yes, every Gopher fan brings up the BTHC, but most (I figure 90% or more or them) bring the BTHC up only to say it will not happen and that it's a bad idea. Very bad.

The. BTHC. Will. Not. Happen. (in the near future, 5 years is the min, at best, in a dreamworld)
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That is the biggest load of bull **** and you know it. In fact that is a stupid comment I wouldn't slamb someone for saving a baby, what the hell does that have to do with the BTHC.

As a the father of a two years old that has to be one of the dumbest things you have said. It has nothing to do with hockey, nor this thread. Does it really matter If like your favorite team? While I don't like the Golden Gophers It's a game, it means it's for fun and I still look at the players as being human being. And yes there are fans of the Rodents and other Big Ten Schools that bring up the BTHC, they have since 1993 when first really got into college hockey. I have seen this quite a few times because I nothing but time to surf the net at work. Swing and a miss skippy.
                        Ha! Ha!

Wow...
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                          if uah is willing to travel a bit, an 11 team ccha might make being an independent not as impossible. id think the other former cha teams would be more than happy to schedule early season ooc series' with them, as would some ecac/aha teams. if they can pick up a few of the weekends the odd ccha team out isnt playing they might be able to put together a schedule. the problem becomes, what kind of postseason possibility would they have without the benefit of a conference tournament and an auto-bid, and a very unrealistic possibility of an at-large pwr birth.
                          We're willing to travel. Often. 12 home dates this year. 10 last year. We're used to the travel. I guess it's because we start with UA.

That said, we've got to have some home games. What's the point in having a team if they're never here in Huntsville?

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

We're willing to travel. Often. 12 home dates this year. 10 last year. We're used to the travel. I guess it's because we start with UA.

That said, we've got to have some home games. What's the point in having a team if they're never here in Huntsville?

GFM
                            the big issue isn't as much going to be the travel and scheduling ability. if they're willing to play big teams on the road and get a few aha/low-level ecac teams at home, they might be able to fill a schedule. it's the lack of a chance at a postseason and its negative affect on recruiting would make fielding a competitive team extremely difficult. it's the reason why independent d1 basketball teams are so bad, travel ridiculous amounts of miles, and rarely win more than 8-10 games in a season. fwiw, i hope they can figure something out and continue to play, the program seems to have the potential to be a solid mid-major team especially since the facilities are already there and they're in a relatively large area compared to many other college hockey teams.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                              the big issue isn't as much going to be the travel and scheduling ability. if they're willing to play big teams on the road and get a few aha/low-level ecac teams at home, they might be able to fill a schedule. it's the lack of a chance at a postseason and its negative affect on recruiting would make fielding a competitive team extremely difficult. it's the reason why independent d1 basketball teams are so bad, travel ridiculous amounts of miles, and rarely win more than 8-10 games in a season. fwiw, i hope they can figure something out and continue to play, the program seems to have the potential to be a solid mid-major team especially since the facilities are already there and they're in a relatively large area compared to many other college hockey teams.
                              I don't think we'll have any problem getting NC games in Oct/Nov/Dec. It's Jan/Feb, when everyone is in conference play, that's hard. That's where I'm hopeful for a scheduling alliance with the CCHA, given that they should have some open dates unless they change their scheduling paradigm. We're willing to do 2-for-1 and 3-for-1 pairings to get some occasional home dates.

Can't stress enough that it's often warm here in the winter. Your fans will love the trip.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

I don't think we'll have any problem getting NC games in Oct/Nov/Dec. It's Jan/Feb, when everyone is in conference play, that's hard. That's where I'm hopeful for a scheduling alliance with the CCHA, given that they should have some open dates unless they change their scheduling paradigm. We're willing to do 2-for-1 and 3-for-1 pairings to get some occasional home dates.

Can't stress enough that it's often warm here in the winter. Your fans will love the trip.

GFM
                                that'd be a great setup, but it doesn't solve the lack of a postseason problem. for a recruit with an offer from independent uah and aha robert morris with the chance at playing in a conference tournament and a realisitic shot at the ncaa tournament, it's close to a no-brainer. most if not all of the top prospects uah looks at would likely go to a team with a conference. that's probably the biggest uphill battle you'd face as an independent.

Comment

Working...
                                X