Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey! - a lot of troubles in the D1 hockey world

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    We did add RIT, and I think that WSU was both added and lost.
    For that matter, both Findlay and WSU were start-ups. Can't speak to the MAAC schools that folded.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      “I can’t discuss how the vote went,” said Alaska-Fairbanks Athletic Director Forrest Karr, a member of hte council. “But, I’ve been a main advocate for Huntsville throughout this process.

Incredible. So the guy whose team would be on the complete opposite end of CCHA's graph from UAH, and whose program pays for teams to visit doesn't have a problem with UAH joining?

What REALLY is going on with the other reps. present during the vote?
      Actually, this makes sense. If it is in fact travel concerns (and yes I understand UAH distance is about equal to UNO for CCHA teams, and no I'm not saying that's a good reason to reject UAH), then Alaska would be the team that wouldn't care. Alaska is getting on a plane for every conference away game regardless if it's more games against current CCHA teams or a weekend in Huntsville.

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      Karr was on our side regardless. I'm pretty darn sure of that.

Also, I have the feeling that it was only four schools against.

GFM
      It would be interesting to know how many schools it was that voted against. It could be as few as 3 (8 for, 3 against and UNO not voting).

Speculation on wanting greater attendance numbers has me thinking that Ferris, Western and BGSU may all be thinking they'll make more money having an extra home game against either Michigan or Michigan State each year.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon View Post
        You might want to tell that to the Minnesota Gopher fans.
        Tell us what, that you don't make any sense? We already know.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Whoooooooosh.

Taking all four would have meant a 14 team conference...
          It actually would have been a conference of eight and a conference of six with both have AQ's but that's water under the bridge now. Both would have been under an AHA banner though.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Tell us what, that you don't make any sense? We already know.
            Don't be silly.

Originally Posted by IrishHockeyFan
            Couple of things. First the housekeeping thing. The Big Ten is on record as stating no matter how many teams were to add hockey (Penn State being the one talked about most even though we all know it ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN) they won't force the issue of competing under the flag of the Big 10. The myth of the 6 team threshold needs to be put to rest. It's almost as annoying as any talk of the BTHC to begin with.
            Hence the reply...
            Originally Posted by Goon
            You might want to tell that to the Minnesota Gopher fans.
            I meant what I said, the Gopher fans are the ones that are always talking about the BTHC and how there will eventually be a BTHC conference. Of course they have been talking about that every since I can remember.
            Last edited by Goon; 08-17-2009, 03:29 PM.
            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
            Eric's Twitter
            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              More good news: one of my goons/fellow alumni cold-called Tom Anastos. Tom called him back and explained the league's position. Tom also said, "If you guys want a scheduling alliance, now is the time." So my goon went to talk to Coach, but he was at lunch with me. Suffice it to say that I was on the phone with Danton right after that.

My day is looking up.

GFM
              This would be a very good thing.
              Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                I meant what I said, the Gopher fans are the ones that are always talking about the BTHC.
                As much as I'd love to see Penn State go D-I and blow this whole college hockey world up, I think I have a new dream that is just about as likely to happen...

Robert Morris, Sacred Heart and Quinnipiac all convince three (or more) other Northeast Conference Schools to start-up hockey programs, giving the tiny little Northeast Conference the first D-I conference in EVERY sport.

Cuz ya know... getting Quinnipiac to leave ECAC is going to be simple
                Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon View Post
                  I meant what I said, the Gopher fans are the ones that are always talking about the BTHC and how there will eventually be a BTHC conference. Of course they have been talking about that every since I can remember.
                  Really, "The Gopher fans"? I didn't realize we are all one entitiy. And asfaik there is ONE Gopher fan (444) that gives it any legitimate credence. Everyone else makes cracks about it's possibility just like all other posters here.

But hey, start a thread and ask which Gopher fans think it will eventually happen and let's see the results.

Comment

What a crock.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"Ther are a lot of Gopher fans that bring up the BTHC all the time."? Yes!! You going to stick your head in the sand tell me that you haven't seen this or heard this?
                      Last edited by Goon; 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM.
                      Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        What a crock.
                        I am going to say bull **** and you know it.
                        Eric's Twitter

Comment

"Ther are a lot of Gopher fans that bring up the BTHC all the time."? Yes!! You going to stick your head in the sand tell me that you haven't seen this or heard this?
                          Unless the BTHC [insert laugh track] is going to save UAH hockey, can we save your beefs with Gopher fans for another topic?

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
                            As much as I'd love to see Penn State go D-I and blow this whole college hockey world up, I think I have a new dream that is just about as likely to happen...

Robert Morris, Sacred Heart and Quinnipiac all convince three (or more) other Northeast Conference Schools to start-up hockey programs, giving the tiny little Northeast Conference the first D-I conference in EVERY sport.

Cuz ya know... getting Quinnipiac to leave ECAC is going to be simple
                            They've been the odd man out in the league since they joined, but your righ; the only conference I seem them leaving for is Hockey East (After Merrimack folds )

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Really, "The Gopher fans"? I didn't realize we are all one entitiy. And asfaik there is ONE Gopher fan (444) that gives it any legitimate credence. Everyone else makes cracks about it's possibility just like all other posters here.

But hey, start a thread and ask which Gopher fans think it will eventually happen and let's see the results.
                              You can't be serious. Until somebody jumps into the icebox everything else is moot.
                              Last edited by 4four4; 08-17-2009, 08:07 PM.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Any new news on the Save UAH buttons and t shirts? I am rounding up family and friends that I want to give them to.

Not quite sure how I can recycle my "who hates huntsville" t-shirts. LOL. Sent one as far away as Washington State U. Classic rivalry. Class team. Cant wait for the season to start.

Comment

Working...
                                X