Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
    Hate the CCHA? Where was the WCHA, if it is so important, then why don't they step in?
    What do you mean where were they?

They did step in. They took BSU in when there was very little incentive to do so. Other schools applied to be a 12th program, and the WCHA took the best one. Where did they do something wrong?

There are going to be a number of changes across college hockey in the next few years. Changes will happen, mark my words. By the way WCHA I hear Wiscon is super super unhappy with your league right now. Time for a change? We'll see.

Again, everyone keep an eye on Wisconsin, I'm not joking.
    Nice one, Cheech.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Wisconsin leaving?

Does anybody want to bet they are leaving the WCHA?
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        Wisconsin leaving?

Does anybody want to bet they are leaving the WCHA?
        They are leaving for the BTHC.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
          They are leaving for the BTHC.
          Confirm that you are joking and I will forgive you.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            Confirm that you are joking and I will forgive you.
            I thought the very mention of BTHC is always a joke.

Comment

Ego te absolvo

Comment

Someone forgot to tell Rms
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
                  "If BGSU folds, that would leave the CCHA with 10 teams after the departure of UNO to the WCHA."
                  They just spent 4 million dollars to make improvements I don't think they are going to fold. It would be a horrible waste of money.
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                    They just spent 4 million dollars to make improvements I don't think they are going to fold. It would be a horrible waste of money.
                    They haven't spent a penny. The money has simply been targeted/pledged for arena improvements. It's been done before at BG and before the improvements were started the funding was pulled. So, until the actual improvements are done this time I think folks should be skeptical.

But UAH's sake, I hope BG makes good on it this time...if BG survives UAH may have a chance...

Comment

I agree that the NCAA should bring back NCAA Div. II hockey. The question is if those lazy clowns want to sit down and actually hash out a way to change the current legislation and allow NCAA Div. III schools to become Div. II in one sport like they can at the Div. I level. I would imagine that Plattsburgh State, Norwich, Oswego and several other schools could potentially be teams that could move up if there were enough schools to fill the void. It would be easy if they could just move most of the ECAC East and West to Div. II and the NCHA like it was back in the eighties and include the Northeast 10 teams as well.

I feel bad for a program like UAH who has come from being a Club program in the South to being a respected NCAA Div. II and Div. 1 program. I would have to imagine that it will be even harder to recruit quality kids to the program now that they don't even have a home or at least an uncertain future. I hope it doesn't become another Wayne State and this is their last year so they end up showcasing their players to other teams for them to recruit.

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                      I'm sorry to say that these programs should not be D 1 in the first place. I'm talking about the Atlantic and the CHA. I'm sure Oswego could play with and beat most of them. The NCAA should resurrect D 2 hockey and stop having so called D 1 programs playing in public rinks while most of D 3 have their own facilities.

Comment

I wonder if the CCHA in their infinite wisdom and snobbishness have thought about what would happen to their league if the BTHC ever happens. (and I hope that it never does). Without the big 3, Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State, I think the league would fold faster than the a poker player holding 2-6.

On the other hand, the WCHA would do just fine with established programs such as North Dakota, Denver, Colorado College and a host of Minnesota Schools that actually support hockey.

One can only hope that they come to their senses and do the right thing for college hockey. Admit UAH.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          What do you mean where were they?

They did step in. They took BSU in when there was very little incentive to do so. Other schools applied to be a 12th program, and the WCHA took the best one. Where did they do something wrong?

Nice one, Cheech.
                          BSU was a good fit for the WCHA, UAH seems to be not a great fit for the CCHA. Everyone is bagging on the CCHA, and it's really not fair. Actually leave the WCHA out of it, where are the other leagues? Why isn't one of them stepping up, and taking on UAH? If it's not a good fit, it's not a good fit. Sorry.
                          Nice one what? I never said UW is leaving the WCHA, but I do know there have been discussions of it. Actually a number of discussions. Do they want to leave? Probably not. Would the WCHA want them to leave? Probably not. That still doesn't mean, as I stated earlier, they haven't looked at the change. I'm not making things up, it's a simple fact. I just thought it was interesting information that I recently received, call me names, imply that I use drugs, doesn't really matter to me, just throwing the info out there for discussion.
                          Most WCHA teams didn't want UNO, they wanted UAF. 8 out of the 11 teams voted that way. UNO tried to get out of paying a entrance fee, and the WCHA told them they would go after UAF even harder, so UNO backed down and paid. People don't realize how close UAF was to switching to the WCHA.
                          Doesn't much matter what most think,things will play out how things will play out, and there are going to be a number of changes down the road, you'll see.
                          I thought UAH would get in, and they may still. BSU was denied by the WCHA at first also. One of the big concerns in the CCHA right now is BGSU. I got good info that says they are still hurting really bad (even with the 4 mill). I hate to say it, but that program is holding on by a thread. I think the CCHA wants more info on what is is happening with BGSU, before they take on anyone else.
                          Last edited by Rms123; 08-14-2009, 05:54 PM.
                          All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Someone forgot to tell Rms
                            That makes a ton of sense. I never mentioned a BTHC.
                            All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Actually leave the WCHA out of it, where are the other leagues? Why isn't one of them stepping up, and taking on UAH?
                              Uhhh.... because all of the other leagues have an EVEN number of teams, and yours is ODD?

I never said UW is leaving the WCHA, but I do know there have been discussions of it. Actually a number of discussions.
                              Who is your source on this? Let me gues... Ed Werder!

Most WCHA teams didn't want UNO, they wanted UAF. 8 out of the 11 teams voted that way. UNO tried to get out of paying a entrance fee, and the WCHA told them they would go after UAF even harder, so UNO backed down and paid. People don't realize how close UAF was to switching to the WCHA.
                              I'm gonna borrow a (brilliant, I might add) chant that Wisconsin pulled out on my old goalie Bobby Goepfert: CITE YOUR SOURCES! (CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP)

I'm not saying it couldn't be true... but first off, your numbers don't add up. Bemidji didn't get a vote on who came with them. Second, I can GUARANTEE DU, CC and MSU-M wanted UNO over UAF. Other than Anchorage, who would want more trips to Alaska, since they're already getting the exemption from UAA, instead of a team developing nicely in a city that everyone can bus to, in a REALLY nice rink, in a relatively-otherwise untapped market ?

That makes a ton of sense. I never mentioned a BTHC.
                              You're right, you didn't say BTHC. Ok, I'll bite.... where is UW going?
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                You're right, you didn't say BTHC. Ok, I'll bite.... where is UW going?
                                The NHL.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X