X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Interview with LSSU's Jim Roque.

http://www.talkradio1400.com/page.php?page_id=13018

He does come out and say that he does eventually see UAH in the CCHA. So I guess that is some good news to cling to if you are a UAH fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
      I'm sorry to say that these programs should not be D 1 in the first place. I'm talking about the Atlantic and the CHA. I'm sure Oswego could play with and beat most of them. The NCAA should resurrect D 2 hockey and stop having so called D 1 programs playing in public rinks while most of D 3 have their own facilities.
      There are less than 60 D-1 schools. If there were 80 or 100, talk to me about cutting down, but when you cut down to 40, you realize that its better teams that are now on the fringe and can see the cutting block?

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      Is this an argument directed to a Michigan fan.
      His comment was that SCSU hasn't done anything worthy in college hockey ever. Tb was just defending that.

And why does this have to be CCHA vs. WCHA bs?
      ... 'cause that's what we ALWAYS do?
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
        Interview with LSSU's Jim Roque.

http://www.talkradio1400.com/page.php?page_id=13018

He does come out and say that he does eventually see UAH in the CCHA. So I guess that is some good news to cling to if you are a UAH fan.
        What does the CCHA want before UAH joins?
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          What does the CCHA want before UAH joins?
          The head of Bruce McLeod on a pike?

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            The head of Bruce McLeod on a pike?

GFM
            LOL
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
              It would be kind of fitting if Ferris State ever needed this type of help.
              Our head was on the chopping block a while ago ('91-'92).
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Our head was on the chopping block a while ago ('91-'92).
                Well, I would have had my "Save Ferris" poster ready if I had known.

Comment

Sorry about the rejected application UAH, and good luck finding a permanent home!
                  And why does this have to be CCHA vs. WCHA bs?
                  It doesn't need to be and shouldn't be, this is about UAH.
                  sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
                    Or an address for the school AD? This whole situation stinks.
                    Jim Harris, Director
                    Intercollegiate Athletics
                    The University of Alabama in Huntsville
                    205 Spragins Hall
                    Huntsville, AL 35899
                    UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                    2006 Time Person of the Year
                    Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                    It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

I excerpted Roque's interview on WKNW down to the portion about UAH and put that up on saveuahhockey.com.

More tomorrow.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I like the idea of "Save UAH" posters throughout D1 arenas. Especially if you know your school has a televised game.
                        Indeed.

Any of us Gopher fans should get something like that going at Mariucci. Also, any team that has the Gophers coming to your barn should do it too, seeming nearly all games are televised.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                          Sorry about the rejected application UAH, and good luck finding a permanent home!

It doesn't need to be and shouldn't be, this is about UAH.
                          Hate the CCHA? Where was the WCHA, if it is so important, then why don't they step in?
                          I thought for sure UAH was in, but i guess not.
                          There are going to be a number of changes across college hockey in the next few years. Changes will happen, mark my words. By the way WCHA I hear Wiscon is super super unhappy with your league right now. Time for a change? We'll see.
                          Again sorry to UAH, I know Forrest Karr is taking a beating for speaking up, but those were simply other schools opinions. Karr was behind UAH from the beggining, and i know that for a fact. He just so happened to have the balls to talk about what others were saying. Again, everyone keep an eye on Wisconsin, I'm not joking.
                          All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

IMHO there needs to be a button made - says something like "I support UAH". Make it $5. I'll pay it. The money could be useful to some program or other. That way when I travel to watch my team somewhere like I don't know Maine or something I don't get (so many) rotten tomatoes tossed at me for being linked to the elitists.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              IMHO there needs to be a button made - says something like "I support UAH". Make it $5. I'll pay it. The money could be useful to some program or other. That way when I travel to watch my team somewhere like I don't know Maine or something I don't get (so many) rotten tomatoes tossed at me for being linked to the elitists.
                              We'll be working on it.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                                By the way WCHA I hear Wiscon is super super unhappy with your league right now. Time for a change? We'll see...

Again, everyone keep an eye on Wisconsin, I'm not joking.
                                There's a real chance that SOMEBODY at UW may not be happy with something the WCHA did or didn't do, but if you're trying to imply that Wisconsin is seriously considering leaving, you're absolutely nuts. Yeah, they're gonna **** away 4 games a year with Minnesota, rivalries like UND and UMD, and a conference that helps their PWR so much that they make the NCAAs without a .500 record.... that'll happen.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X