Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    An interesting idea. But why limit it to the non-CCHA folks?

I'm sure I'm not the only CCHA fan that is upset over this decision. As a college hockey fan, it saddens me. There may be some pro-UAH signs being held by me in Yost this year.

Certainly I will need an "Alabama > Ohio" sign for games against teams from that awful state.

And I'm sad, 'cause I had already started talking to some friends about a potential trip to Huntsville if they joined the CCHA.
    We welcome the support.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Here's at least one east-coaster who'll have a sign that says, "Save UAH" taped to the glass.
      I haven't been on here in a year...
      Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

I think that might be a great idea.... posters and t shirts about saving UAH. I would gladly bring a poster to BSU games to remind people of the UAH situation. It seems to me that the decision by the CCHA is kind of a "you cant tell us what to do" reaction to UNO going to the WCHA and BSU being admitted to the WCHA.

Signs throughout the whole of college hockey regardless of whether a CCHA team is playing would give solidarity to the entire sport and the commitment that we need to worry about the survival of every team in NCAA hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
          I think that might be a great idea.... posters and t shirts about saving UAH. I would gladly bring a poster to BSU games to remind people of the UAH situation. It seems to me that the decision by the CCHA is kind of a "you cant tell us what to do" reaction to UNO going to the WCHA and BSU being admitted to the WCHA.

Signs throughout the whole of college hockey regardless of whether a CCHA team is playing would give solidarity to the entire sport and the commitment that we need to worry about the survival of every team in NCAA hockey.
          I personally love the idea. Do it around the country and eventually people have to start talking about the problem.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

maybe the posters should invade Huntsville this year
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I will definitely be going to a few Ohio State games this year with a sign with some sort of pro-UAH wording on it. I may be a Buckeye, but I'm from Huntsville and I wanna see my hometown team succeed. I am beyond ****ed at the CCHA for this decision. It's completely ridiculous that they denied UAH. All of their reasons for denying UAH have no weight behind them. It's pathetic. If UAH had been allowed in, recruiting for UAH would have gotten better, the standing of the (already great) program would've improved even more. There are a ton of transplanted northerners in the south who would have come out to see teams play UAH at the VBC. As a Buckeye, it drove me nuts how many Michigan hockey fans there were at home. lol. I know a few Notre Dame fans. Plus, hockey fans in the south are knowledgeable and appreciate great hockey so I bet you they would've come out to see some of the big CCHA teams play UAH.

I feel really bad for UAH because the program there has started to gain national recognition in the past few years, especially with UAH taking Notre Dame to what was it, 3 OTs in the NCAAs that one year. I hope the CCHA pulls their heads outta their butts and lets UAH in soon or UAH finds another conference to let them in.
              "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                I personally love the idea. Do it around the country and eventually people have to start talking about the problem.

GFM
                I would love to help, but I'm not sure that a UAH grad complaining about UAH hockey in South Texas will make a big difference in the overall scheme of NCAA hockey.

But you have my support.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  maybe the posters should invade Huntsville this year
                  Y'all come on!

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

FWIW, I've snagged saveuahhockey.com/net/org/info and should have that up later tonight. I'll work on getting little banner graphics for the bloggers around here to stick on their blogs.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

FWIW, I've snagged saveuahhockey.com/net/org/info and should have that up later tonight. I'll work on getting little banner graphics for the bloggers around here to stick on their blogs.

GFM
                      check your rep, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        check your rep, sir.
                        I take any and all help.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

GFM
                          Good stuff man, that's great.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                            Good stuff man, that's great.
                            We're also now @saveuahhockey on the Twitter.

GFM <-- calls it that for fun.
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Being a non tech savvy person and unfamiliar with twitter tweets, facebook and such... is there a website to the local newspaper in Huntsville that I can send a letter of support to? Or an address for the school AD? This whole situation stinks.

It reminds me of something I learned about Dr. Seuss. He had designed the "horton hears a who" book as a social reminder of what happened during WWII to the Jews under Hitler. I can't quite shake the image of the small dust speck and all the voices yelling "we are here, we are here, we are here".

If college hockey allows Alabama Huntsville to fail, it would crush any hopes I have of this sport/ these universities/ this... group being open to everyone. It smacks of the elite, the petty and the us vs. them attitude that has destroyed many a sport and many a fan base.

"First they came for the Division II schools, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Division II fan. Then they came for Wayne State, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t from Wayne State. Then they came for Alabama Huntsville, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn't from the CHA. Then they came for my school, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for us."

grrrrrrrrr

Comment

Pretty good news:

With any bit of organization, a massive trip by UAH students/fans to South Bend on Oct 9-10 is made easier by the fact that Oct 8-11 is UAH's fall break.

Let's get the ball rolling!
                                1996 -- NCAA D-II National Champions
                                1998 -- NCAA D-II National Champions
                                2007 -- CHA Champions

1979 - 2009; 30 years of tradition

SAVE UAH HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X