Save Uah Hockey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Save Uah Hockey!

I'm in... let us know if there's anything we can actually do more than joining a facebook group, calls... letters... whatever!
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
      I'm in... let us know if there's anything we can actually do more than joining a facebook group, calls... letters... whatever!
      I think that the fans need to express their anger and digust in this matter.
      The CCHA ****ed up with their decision and hopefully this will come to a more positive conclusion.
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Any chance all the CCHA ADs are on these forums all the time and got sick and tired of us calling the watered-down CCHA the CupCake Hockey Association and so that's why they gave UAH the cold shoulder?
        Maybe. Even if it is the WCHA hangers-on like SCSU or MTU fans that are doing the wolfing.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Maybe. Even if it is the WCHA hangers-on like SCSU or MTU fans that are doing the wolfing.
          hangers-on? MTU fans?

that's founding member and owner of the trophy. and one of the most hockey savvy fanbases in the league.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Personally, if the vast majority of non-CCHA bloggers are supportive of UAH here, perhaps at every home game against a CCHA team this season, the non-CCHA folks can play Sweet Home Alabama and give a few U-A-H chants. At least it could show some solidarity against this disgusting situation.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              How about we save the CCHA?

I wonder how many teams are folding?

3 maybe 4

I would welcome back Michigan and MSU to the WCHA.
              No. And I think you know why, given the teams that you have mentioned.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
                Personally, if the vast majority of non-CCHA bloggers are supportive of UAH here, perhaps at every home game against a CCHA team this season, the non-CCHA folks can play Sweet Home Alabama and give a few U-A-H chants. At least it could show some solidarity against this disgusting situation.
                Right.

I'm working on getting a bunch of people to our season opener against Notre Dame---not to boo the Irish and the CCHA, but to cheer on our boys. I want us to be positive about this, to show what we have, and all that.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  hangers-on? MTU fans?

that's founding member and owner of the trophy. and one of the most hockey savvy fanbases in the league.
                  Yup, and LSSU and BG (and NMU for that matter) are proud, knowledgable past National Champions... but are subject to ridicule and laughter ("cupcake hockey league") because of the arrogance of some of your conference's fanbase. Tell me the last time MTU was relevant in the national picture, and I'll tell you how old I am. And, except for a brief couple of years of one and done in the NCAA tourney, SCSU has done nothing to carry the WCHA banner. Living vicariously through your conference heavies gives no latitude for making the CCHA the butt of your jokes.

Maybe it's unfair that this is directed to MTU (I do respect many of your fans) since it was a SCSU fan that popped off, but consider it collateral damage.

Comment

Geof-

I signed up this morning. There are at least 4 or 5 of us (so far) from the RMU contingent on there. I sent invites as well.

We will not go quietly in that great goodnight...
                    Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                      I don't think there's any way to fill out the schedule with additional games against big draws to cancel out adding UAH. The bottom line is every weekend a "big draw" plays UAH is one weekend they're not playing a current CCHA member.
                      As I calculate a possible schedule (16 weeks with one team off each week) they could keep the same 28 league games in 16 weeks. The spots that UNO would have had would be filled by other CCHA schools resulting in lower travel costs and some additional "big draws". Of course having a team off every week could make scheduling non-conference games difficult. UAH might well be the only available team many of those weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        as a WCHA fan, I've always thought the CCHA sucks. this decision confirms it!
                        it wasn't the decistion to establish the shootout?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Right now, I don't even wanna see expansion... I'm happy with retention.
                          Big Ten here we come.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          No. And I think you know why, given the teams that you have mentioned.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

How much would Charger logo stickers for helmets cost? Shouldn't be a problem filling a pot with $ donations...exemptions for UAH opponents, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              it wasn't the decistion to establish the shootout?
                              that got me thinking the CCHA might suck.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

An interesting idea. But why limit it to the non-CCHA folks?

I'm sure I'm not the only CCHA fan that is upset over this decision. As a college hockey fan, it saddens me. There may be some pro-UAH signs being held by me in Yost this year.

Certainly I will need an "Alabama > Ohio" sign for games against teams from that awful state.

And I'm sad, 'cause I had already started talking to some friends about a potential trip to Huntsville if they joined the CCHA.
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G
                                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                                2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X