X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    15k > 10k

And that's just me more being an a** and trying to have some balance to all the anti-CCHA rhetoric that was circling.

I do see how it's easy to plug in UAH instead of UNO and there be virtually zero differences; but with all the smaller schools struggling in recruiting, a trip to UAH is still a burden. The Ferris States, Lake States, and possibly even Western Michigan's cannot survive by bleeding money on road trips and having perennial losing teams. That money could be better used to improve the infrastructure and recruiting and compete against the Michigan/Michigan State/Notre Dames of the CCHA. If UAH is accepted to the CCHA, I would bet you could kiss BGSU and Ferris State goodbye.
    Well, but for the fact that I never thought ripping the CCHA for their decision made any sense. We still want a conference, and the CCHA makes the most sense for us.

Your argument would hold water if Western, Northern, and Ferris didn't come down here to play us---and I'm not talking in the Save UAH Hockey sense, but in the fact that WMU and NMU have been here before, and the FSU series was lined up last season before UNO left for the WCHA. If playing in Huntsville was such a burden, those schools wouldn't be doing it.

Oh, and BG wouldn't be coming here next year, either.

GFM <-- doesn't think the BG series was on the sched until after the tectonic shift, though.
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
      ... and thanks again for the puck tnlong - btw, haven't heard from Terry in a while - hope all is well)...
      yo

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
        ... I know folks in Bemidji treat UAH as if it is a long trip/huge deal to get there, but UAA is now the new long trip/huge deal, and I'm guessing it'll blow UAH out of the water in terms of pain in the rear (from everything I'm told)...
        especially if the Redoubt Volcano blows while you're there

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          ... ; but with all the smaller schools struggling in recruiting, a trip to UAH is still a burden. The Ferris States, Lake States, and possibly even Western Michigan's cannot survive by bleeding money on road trips and having perennial losing teams. That money could be better used to improve the infrastructure and recruiting and compete against the Michigan/Michigan State/Notre Dames of the CCHA. If UAH is accepted to the CCHA, I would bet you could kiss BGSU and Ferris State goodbye.
          The "recruiting" and "perennial losing teams" issues have got to be major factors working against UAH. Those "perennial losing teams" have got to be mighty afraid of having to try recruit against UAH if it's in the same conference, and they have got to be mighty afraid of the what might happen if they started also losing regularly to a team from Alabama .
          Last edited by tnlong; 12-26-2009, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Still think we're worth saving.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Congrats to the Chargers!

Comment

Glad someone dug this thread up, think the CCHA will reconsider after UAH kicks one of their teams in the butt first round of the big skate?
                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                  Glad someone dug this thread up, think the CCHA will reconsider after UAH kicks one of their teams in the butt first round of the big skate?
                  Probably not. 2010-11 is set in stone. 11-12 would probably take a miracle. I figure UAH is in for two, maybe three years as an independent before the logjam breaks.

Got 30 games as an indie next year, and have some games all the way until '14. Keep encouraging your schools to keep playing UAH, especially in January and February, especially in Huntsville from time to time.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

If UAH ends up getting placed in Albany, I'll be there in my Charger Blue "Save UAH Hockey" shirt.

And, if things work out right, I'll be in Huntsville next January for the RPI-UAH series.

Let's go Chargers!
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

This is seriously sweet revenge. Go UAH!
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

JW has UAH been seeking funds from boosters to boost the longevity of the program? I know scheduling as an independent is the tough part but I am referring to raising money to endow scholarships

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                          JW has UAH been seeking funds from boosters to boost the longevity of the program? I know scheduling as an independent is the tough part but I am referring to raising money to endow scholarships
                          I don't think we're worried about money, no. I mean, every school could use more of it.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            Probably not. 2010-11 is set in stone. 11-12 would probably take a miracle. I figure UAH is in for two, maybe three years as an independent before the logjam breaks.

Got 30 games as an indie next year, and have some games all the way until '14. Keep encouraging your schools to keep playing UAH, especially in January and February, especially in Huntsville from time to time.

GFM
                            How does the schedule look for January and February (and March too) when everyone else will be playing mainly league games?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                              Perhaps Miami in Fort Wayne, but more likely DU in Albany. In any case, congrats to Alabama-Huntsville, and hoping that they are back in a DI conference before too long. Great hockey history in Huntsville.

Comment

Congrats to the Chargers from a LSSU fan and i will be pulling for you in the Tourney.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X