Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
    Chris Lerch confirmed (repeated?) it in his Atlantic Hockey column today. Personally, I think that's a great trade. The weather is ALWAYS better in Huntsville than Erie, and with Bobby Mo and Viagara, the AHA could have an "West/Old CHA" division. Personally, I hope this works out, and we can welcome the Chargers into Atlantic Hockey. Based on the results two weekends ago, you guys would instantly be in the conversation for the league title.
    UAH has already been told once by the schools of Atlantic Hockey that it doesn't fit within the league's "geographic footprint."

So please understand my skepticism.
    UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
    2006 Time Person of the Year
    Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
    It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

That's unfortunate. Because there is nothing "Atlantic" about Colorado. Maybe they want to stay a bus league +1. With almost half of the new league in and around Buffalo (Canisius, Niagara, RIT, Mercyhurst and Bobby Mo) maybe they need to move the league offices a little west of Boston. They need to get over the fact that they're not the MassPike league anymore.
      2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
      2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
      Air Force Falcons
      2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
      2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
      2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
      2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
      2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
        UAH has already been told once by the schools of Atlantic Hockey that it doesn't fit within the league's "geographic footprint."

So please understand my skepticism.
        Like Alaska fits the WCHA and CCHA geographic footprint?
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          True, but Alaska has that game exemption deal with the NCAA. Not a bad deal there.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            True, but Alaska has that game exemption deal with the NCAA. Not a bad deal there.
            True, true.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              That's a different circumstance, and you know it.

I had to word that very carefully, as this was told to UAH by the MAAC in 1998. AHA fans are quick to point out that the AHA administration is not the MAAC administration, and I understand the issues that the hockey league had with the MAAC (particularly the affiliate members).
              UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
              2006 Time Person of the Year
              Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
              It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                It's interesting that the S.I. article mentioned the possibility of extending that deal to UAH.

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                  It's interesting that the S.I. article mentioned the possibility of extending that deal to UAH.
                  I'm sure it'd help.

Looking forward to the trip in a couple weeks.
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                    Yeah, and in that artical, they named Bemidji State as last year's NCAA winner. Just how much real research do you think they really did for it???
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I just want to say good luck to UAH and their fans for the rest of the season. I really enjoyed my visit to Huntsville this past weekend, not because Lowell won both games. The city is very nice and the people were friendly. The weather was also great and we had a chance to check out some of the local sites and restaurants (The Old Train Station, Jack Daniel's Distillery, Lee Anne's and Nolan's Pub). I would have no problem going back for another visit.

Hopefully other DI programs will step up and help UAH out by scheduling some games in Huntsville, at least until they find a league home.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        I just want to say good luck to UAH and their fans for the rest of the season. I really enjoyed my visit to Huntsville this past weekend, not because Lowell won both games. The city is very nice and the people were friendly. The weather was also great and we had a chance to check out some of the local sites and restaurants (The Old Train Station, Jack Daniel's Distillery, Lee Anne's and Nolan's Pub). I would have no problem going back for another visit.

Hopefully other DI programs will step up and help UAH out by scheduling some games in Huntsville, at least until they find a league home.
                        Thanks!

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

******* width="400" height="300">****** name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />****** name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8271060&server=vimeo.com&sho w_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&ful lscreen=1" />****** src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8271060&server=vimeo.com&sho w_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&ful lscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300">

Danton Cole Interview, 18 Dec 2009 - SaveUAHHockey.com from Geoffrey Morris on Vimeo.

Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

There are a few things that need to happen for UAH to have a chance at getting in to the CCHA. An arrangement similar to the Alaska schools for expemtion from the game count is a good start. They also would need an expemtion from the 48 hour rule as well. Then they would have to pay travel expenses indefintely to those schools who have to travel to Huntsville. It's a lot cheaper for Western Michigan or Lake Superior or Northern Michigan to make an extra trip to Ferris State than it is to have to spend an extra day and a half on the road, or bear the cost of flying to Huntsville. I hope they can find a way to get it done. It's a good program with a good facility and support, which would only improve with better scheduling and higher profile opponents. Best of luck UAH.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              They also would need an expemtion from the 48 hour rule as well. Then they would have to pay travel expenses indefintely to those schools who have to travel to Huntsville.
                              If the 48-hour issue was such a huge problem, then why is Ferris coming here next year, why did Western come this year, and why has Northern been here in the past?

And the money offer was there. $70k, in perpetuity, to the CCHA.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Why not get help from College Hockey Inc.?

Comment

Working...
                                X