Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
    That tripping call in the waning seconds was ridiculously bad.
    Out of morbid curiosity, was it bad because of the call or was it bad because of when it was called?
    UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
    2006 Time Person of the Year
    Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
    It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
      Out of morbid curiosity, was it bad because of the call or was it bad because of when it was called?
      The former. I watched it on film last night, and there was contact, but it was ... well-acted.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        I left it at home, but I'll ship you some if you'd like.

GFM
        Just bring one when you guys return as the newest league members...

Originally posted by Douglas
        JJFP - I'll be in the Press Box 1st period shooting and by the glass where the Zamboni comes out 2nd period.
        It was nice to meet you. I'd love to have your "job." Even if it would be on my own dime!
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
          Just bring one when you guys return as the newest league members...
          CONSIDER THAT DONE

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

New look to the site, courtesy of a Charger fan. http://saveuahhockey.com/

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

There is a new wrinkle to this story. Another existing team (other than UAH) has submitted an application to the CCHA. I don't know which team, which league they are currently in, or when they would like to join, although it seems likely we could rule out anyone from the ECAC or Hockey East, for geographical reasons
              Last edited by Bill; 10-26-2009, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                There is a new wrinkle to this story. Another existing team (other than UAH) has submitted an application to the CCHA. I don't know which team, which league they are currently in, or when they would like to join, although it seems likely we could rule out anyone from the ECAC or Hockey East, for geographical reasons
                What is the source on this?
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Paula talked about Mercyhurst last week in her weekly report.
                  It is towards the bottom of her article.
                  http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...AOctober222009
                  Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Do you really want to take the word of a woman who can't even get her facts straight? Look immediately to the right of that bit, notice anything? The Broncos have been to HSV before back in the '00-'01 season.
                    -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
                    web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Penn State, Iowa State or Illinois?
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        He/She said "existing". Not vapor.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          Mercy Wurst.
                          Nature Abhors a Vacuum

Apparently, the idea of an 11-team league is too great a temptation to resist.

Word came to me recently that Mercyhurst was interested in joining the CCHA. At first I thought this absurd, until I remembered the lesson learned from the offseason Big Ten talks, of Wisconsin playing with the idea of jumping ship to the CCHA.

So I did some poking around by e-mail.

According to Aaron Kemp, associate director of athletics and director of compliance at Mercyhurst College, the Lakers are “exploring membership opportunities with the CCHA” but have “not submitted a formal application to the league.”

Kemp added that Mercyhurst is “very happy with the Atlantic Hockey Association and [is] proud to be affiliated with its member institutions.”

CCHA commissioner Tom Anastos said that he doesn’t know whether or not Mercyhurst will submit an application, and that since it takes the CCHA “the better part of a year to review an application and complete [its] due diligence before admitting a new member,” the league is going ahead with an 11-team schedule for 2010-11.

That schedule will likely include some clustering of some kind, said Anastos, and the Big Ten certainly may factor into it. “Having the BT teams clustered together is certainly an option we are looking at,” said Anastos, “as it will maximize competition between Big Ten schools and allow for more content to be available to air on the Big Ten Network.”

Anastos said that such scheduling isn’t money-driven, that it’s about content and exposure for the CCHA and college hockey.

As for Alabama-Huntsville after the 2010-11 season — a drum that I apparently can’t avoid beating — Anastos said, “Never say never.”
                          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                          Eric's Twitter
                          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                            Mercy Worst?? Bah!!!!
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Ah... Since Weston wrote it, there was no way I would have seen that...

If this is indeed true, I wonder why Mercyhurst wants out... I would have figured that Niagara would be the first to jump ship if an opportunity would come about...
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Chris Lerch confirmed (repeated?) it in his Atlantic Hockey column today. Personally, I think that's a great trade. The weather is ALWAYS better in Huntsville than Erie, and with Bobby Mo and Viagara, the AHA could have an "West/Old CHA" division. Personally, I hope this works out, and we can welcome the Chargers into Atlantic Hockey. Based on the results two weekends ago, you guys would instantly be in the conversation for the league title.
                                2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
                                2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
                                Air Force Falcons
                                2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
                                2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
                                2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
                                2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
                                2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Working...
                                X