Save Uah Hockey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

FYI, apparently UAH is coming to Lowell on November 25th.
    UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      http://www.uahchargers.com/index.php...=76&Itemid=148

Ahem.

I expect that's "tentative" because:

1. It's only 29 games, and I know that the goal was 32-34.
      2. The Nashville folks wanted to do another series at Bridgestone. The 2011-12 NHL schedule won't be out for a few weeks, though, and I'm sure the Nashville folks want to combine a two-game UAH series with a Saturday night Predators game. There's enough fire around them wanting to do a Regional and/or Frozen Four that they will want to keep that fire going, and putting UAH in it means they've got a better shot at getting the gate they want.
      3. The contracts aren't signed.
      4. No matter where that series is, I don't see not playing the second AND fourth weekends of January. February is the conference wasteland [note again that it's a CCHA school with a free weekend that will host], so you've got to get games in January if you can.

That's a tough schedule, but that's not surprising. Figure you can split with the three October home opponents. WMU will be hard to beat, but perhaps easier early in the season.

Do you pick the Buckeyes off at home? Not sure what their recruiting is doing with BTHC a reality. Providence is a possibility given that they'll have a new coaching staff this year. The Thanksgiving stuff will be interesting: an RPI team we played 2-1 twice at home last year, a new-coach UML team that was terrible last year, and UNH.

December will be a slog, even if the team gets to stay in Minnesota. The interesting thing will be to see how UAH fares against a post-Matt Read BSU squad. It feels like the boys could sweep MC at home to end 2011.

DU and UMD will both be very difficult trips.

MU won't be any easier in February, for sure. U-18 comes in to finish out the schedule, and those kids are Danton's squad. DC already knows that I'm going to blister him for six periods.

I like UAH for 10-11 wins, more if this big recruiting class pans out. All three returning goalies have ice time on their resumes. Baxter is the main scoring punch you lose. The boys have a puncher's chance.

GFM
      It looks like a copy and paste of this might work for the start of a UAH 2011 - 2012 thread?

Comment

You're not playing us, because we're full already. Sorry. I'll edit with any more deletions due to already being full or anything along those lines.

Also remember that the second USA U-18 game is not exempt; only one may be exempt. However, you guys should get all the games you can.
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-21-2011, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
          It looks like a copy and paste of this might work for the start of a UAH 2011 - 2012 thread?
          You want me to work, Terry? Gosh.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Logjam-Thanks.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              There's a real chance that SOMEBODY at UW may not be happy with something the WCHA did or didn't do, but if you're trying to imply that Wisconsin is seriously considering leaving, you're absolutely nuts. Yeah, they're gonna **** away 4 games a year with Minnesota, rivalries like UND and UMD, and a conference that helps their PWR so much that they make the NCAAs without a .500 record.... that'll happen.
              They left!
              All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                Wisconsin leaving?

Does anybody want to bet they are leaving the WCHA?
                I will....they left.
                All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  What do you mean where were they?

They did step in. They took BSU in when there was very little incentive to do so. Other schools applied to be a 12th program, and the WCHA took the best one. Where did they do something wrong?

Nice one, Cheech.
                  Weird Wisconsin left the WCHA......cheech!

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                    I thought the very mention of BTHC is always a joke.
                    Guess it wasn't that much of a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Someone forgot to tell Rms
                      Didn't the BTHC happen?

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        1.) The likelyhood of Wisconsin leaving is zero. They might talk about it but they don't have any where to go.

2.) If the WCHA wanted UAF before UNO why didn't they ask them first. This doesn't make sense to me.

3.) If BG is hanging by a thread why didn't the CCHA come out and say something. Oh, like some of our member schools might be dropping hockey and we will wait until then to decide if we want to admit Uah.
                        Still think zero chance for Wisconsin to leave the WCHA?

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          I thought this was from tDonald (Dunlop) before I sawyour name, rms. :-o

DU's bus rides have been all the way to Colorado Springs. Now they get to ride to Nebraska? What a prize

Seriously, the CCHA may be acting without thought for College hockay as a whole. I think the WCHA was perfectly happy with a 10 team league, but knew with the demise of the CHA they had to act on Bemidji. And selfishly ddecided to go after UNO( which then left room for UAH in the CCHA.). I just didn't see a ground swell for UAF to join xcept from tDonald and now rms.

But, why can't there be Division II Hockey? Cooperalls has some valid thoughts.
                          Not Donald for sure. Wisconsin left though, and now UAF is possibly joining the WCHA........

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                            Still think zero chance for Wisconsin to leave the WCHA?
                            Ummmm.... ya do realize that most of the post ya just quoted there are over 2 years old, written before it was announced at Happy Valley that they're offically starting up a program there and thus, knocking over some domino's. New information has come to light here dude to change how relevant those posts are now.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              Ummmm.... ya do realize that most of the post ya just quoted there are over 2 years old, written before it was announced at Happy Valley that they're offically starting up a program there and thus, knocking over some domino's. New information has come to light here dude to change how relevant those posts are now.
                              Yep. And as I said back then that I had good info from good sources that would change things. I wasn't on weed or crack or anything. I knew stuff (pretty good connections in PA :-) ). I knew PSU was going (they knew it for awhile), and I knew when that happened Wisconsin was gone (BG10). Just a little bored today and looking back just felt like pointing out to those rude jackarses, that they never know what and who the person they are talking to on here knows!

Comment

Did Wisconsin leave? I heard that somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X