• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

A couple more, Robert Morris @ UAH 12/10-11/11
      http://www.rmucolonials.com/SportSel...33&SPSID=59618

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        A couple more, Robert Morris @ UAH 12/10-11/11
        http://www.rmucolonials.com/SportSel...33&SPSID=59618
        These are games from the 2010-2011 schedule; I didn't see a 11-12 schedule on RMU's site.
        Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
        Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
          These are games from the 2010-2011 schedule; I didn't see a 11-12 schedule on RMU's site.
          Correct, my mistake.

Comment

Here is a link to Robert Morris's schedule announcement and it does not include any games against UAH.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              Here is a link to Robert Morris's schedule announcement and it does not include any games against UAH.
              Correct. I don't forsee any of the fCHA schools getting UAH on the calendar until the conference situations resolve themselves. AH's insularity makes it difficult for Niagara and Robert Morris to schedule UAH, and Tom Serratore said much the same thing last January about coming to Huntsville. I know that he hates to lose the every-year, home-and-home rivalry. I don't think the teams will play in 12-13.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                That's why I don't think it can be assumed the remaining schools in the CCHA are going to be in serious trouble when the Big Ten schools leave. UAH has managed to have a program all this time without regular (or even irregular) visits from Michigan, Michigan State and Notre Dame. That's not to say we wouldn't have welcomed that situation if we had gotten a spot in the CCHA, but the big schools can't and shouldn't be our basis of existence.
                But UAH needs a league.

Comment

Tack on a UNH game.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Tack on a UNH game.
                    That's interesting. I wonder if they're taking a 2plus-week trip to the area. Thinking Maine might be in the mix, I found them at Maine on Feb. 3 & 4 instead.

Sat. Oct. 1 v's Lake Superior State
                    Sun. Oct. 2 v's Lake Superior State
                    Fri. Oct. 14 v's Bowling Green State
                    Sat. Oct. 15 v's Bowling Green State
                    Fri. Nov. 11 @ Providence
                    Sat. Nov. 12 @ Providence
                    Sat. Nov. 26 @ New Hampshire
                    Fri. Dec. 9 @ Minnesota State
                    Sat. Dec. 10 @ Minnesota State
                    Fri. Dec. 16 @ Bemidji State
                    Sat. Dec. 17 @ Bemidji State
                    Fri. Jan. 6 @ Denver
                    Sat. Jan. 7 @ Denver
                    Fri. Jan. 20 @ Minnesota-Duluth
                    Sat. Jan. 21 @ Minnesota-Duluth
                    Fri. Feb. 3 @ Maine
                    Sat. Feb. 4 @ Maine
                    Fri. Feb. 10 @ Miami
                    Sat. Feb. 11 @ Miami

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                      I wonder if they're taking a 2plus-week trip to the area.
                      If it's during the semester and not during break, that may be in violation of the NCAA rules.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        If it's during the semester and not during break, that may be in violation of the NCAA rules.
                        Fall 2011 exams will have completed by the time our hockey student-athletes make the trip to Mankato.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                          Sat. Oct. 1 v's Lake Superior State
                          Sun. Oct. 2 v's Lake Superior State
                          Fri. Oct. 14 v's Bowling Green State
                          Sat. Oct. 15 v's Bowling Green State
                          Fri. Nov. 11 @ Providence
                          Sat. Nov. 12 @ Providence
                          Sat. Nov. 26 @ New Hampshire
                          Fri. Dec. 9 @ Minnesota State
                          Sat. Dec. 10 @ Minnesota State
                          Fri. Dec. 16 @ Bemidji State
                          Sat. Dec. 17 @ Bemidji State
                          Fri. Jan. 6 @ Denver
                          Sat. Jan. 7 @ Denver
                          Fri. Jan. 20 @ Minnesota-Duluth
                          Sat. Jan. 21 @ Minnesota-Duluth
                          Fri. Feb. 3 @ Maine
                          Sat. Feb. 4 @ Maine
                          Fri. Feb. 10 @ Miami
                          Sat. Feb. 11 @ Miami
                          I can't tell you who, but you can pencil in 12/30 and 12/31 as home dates at the Veeb, and as I remember it, there is a home date between DU and UMD, and it's probably 90% to be in Nashville. I doubt it'll happen this year, but it would be good to have Wisconsin down next year so it can be a Geoffrion fest: Blake with his alma mater, Sebastian and Brice with theirs. You can really sell the hell out of that. I don't know that Mike Eaves will necessarily want to pull that off, but it's also the only chance we have at seeing a UW home game anytime soon. Compare that to DU, which I do believe is a trade.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            I can't tell you who, but you can pencil in 12/30 and 12/31 as home dates at the Veeb, and as I remember it, there is a home date between DU and UMD, and it's probably 90% to be in Nashville. I doubt it'll happen this year, but it would be good to have Wisconsin down next year so it can be a Geoffrion fest: Blake with his alma mater, Sebastian and Brice with theirs. You can really sell the hell out of that. I don't know that Mike Eaves will necessarily want to pull that off, but it's also the only chance we have at seeing a UW home game anytime soon. Compare that to DU, which I do believe is a trade.

GFM
                            For January 13th-14th if it's a two-date affair, my bet is on either UML or an Atlantic team. If it's a one-night stand, and it was January 13th, that could be when you'd play Ohio State. December 30th-31st, that's got to be the Mercyhurst series.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                              http://www.denverpioneers.com/SportS...&Q_SEASON=2011
                              http://www.umdbulldogs.com/teams-men...?page=schedule

Comment

http://www.uahchargers.com/index.php...=76&Itemid=148

Ahem.

I expect that's "tentative" because:

1. It's only 29 games, and I know that the goal was 32-34.
                                2. The Nashville folks wanted to do another series at Bridgestone. The 2011-12 NHL schedule won't be out for a few weeks, though, and I'm sure the Nashville folks want to combine a two-game UAH series with a Saturday night Predators game. There's enough fire around them wanting to do a Regional and/or Frozen Four that they will want to keep that fire going, and putting UAH in it means they've got a better shot at getting the gate they want.
                                3. The contracts aren't signed.
                                4. No matter where that series is, I don't see not playing the second AND fourth weekends of January. February is the conference wasteland [note again that it's a CCHA school with a free weekend that will host], so you've got to get games in January if you can.

That's a tough schedule, but that's not surprising. Figure you can split with the three October home opponents. WMU will be hard to beat, but perhaps easier early in the season.

Do you pick the Buckeyes off at home? Not sure what their recruiting is doing with BTHC a reality. Providence is a possibility given that they'll have a new coaching staff this year. The Thanksgiving stuff will be interesting: an RPI team we played 2-1 twice at home last year, a new-coach UML team that was terrible last year, and UNH.

December will be a slog, even if the team gets to stay in Minnesota. The interesting thing will be to see how UAH fares against a post-Matt Read BSU squad. It feels like the boys could sweep MC at home to end 2011.

DU and UMD will both be very difficult trips.

MU won't be any easier in February, for sure. U-18 comes in to finish out the schedule, and those kids are Danton's squad. DC already knows that I'm going to blister him for six periods.

I like UAH for 10-11 wins, more if this big recruiting class pans out. All three returning goalies have ice time on their resumes. Baxter is the main scoring punch you lose. The boys have a puncher's chance.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X