Save Uah Hockey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

With the formation of the B10 UAH will get more opponents. The B10 schools want to have a short conference schedule and I would not be surprised to see UAH play one-two B10 schools a year. I also think the CCHA should give UAH a second chance. The loss of four prominent members should be seen as a reason to add UAH and maybe one or two Atlantic Hockey teams.

Comment

I'm 95% sure there will be a Nashville series; with whom and when, I'm not sure. Last I knew, contracts were not signed.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I think it will be hard for the CCHA to pull teams from the AHA. Travel costs will increase significantly for those teams. Niagara may pursue it, and MAYBE Mercyhurst or Robert Morris, but I don't see anyone else (as much as I would love to see RIT take that step) without some financial assistance.
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Teams joining CCHA from Atlantic could give 18 schollies instead of 12.

Comment

True. But again, for teams in a "cost containment" league - are there teams that are willing to put in the money for the scholarships AND increased travel budget.
            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2010 Frozen Four participant
            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              I agree!! Hopefully guys like Paul Kelly of College Hockey Inc. can help out with finding some southern schools.
              Lacrosse will be added before hockey. Lax is a lot cheaper and you have unused facilities that can be used while an ice rink costs beaucoup $$ and what can you use it for in the off season???
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Lacrosse will be added before hockey. Lax is a lot cheaper and you have unused facilities that can be used while an ice rink costs beaucoup $$ and what can you use it for in the off season???
                Simple you can use it for either hockey training camps with locals, summer hockey leagues, Disney ice shows, or even cover the ice and and host large events such as banquets conferences or what else.

Comment

What can you use a basketball arena for in the offseason?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    What can you use a basketball arena for in the offseason?
                    Football and lax where you come from.

Comment

So you are saying neither will grow. Lets be honest the only people playing LAX are Long Island and D.C. kids. It is nearly impossible to add any sports in this day and age.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

So you are saying neither will grow. Lets be honest the only people playing LAX are Long Island and D.C. kids. It is nearly impossible to add any sports in this day and age.
                        Spreading like wildfire in New England. I'm seeing baseball and softball programs at Southern Maine high schools with 16 kids, total varsity/jv/freshman. Meanwhile, lax is full of boys and girls programs with 80 kids. It's frustrating as a baseball coach, can't field a jv team, can't cut kids with terrible attitudes/no skills, have to hope and pray enough people show up to field a team. We had 22 sign up to play at our large high school. Whittled down to 16 before day 1 of practice. Two are "on" the team but show up when they feel like it. The kids all want to play lax. Our town used to have 16 little league baseball teams every spring. Down to three.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          Spreading like wildfire in New England. I'm seeing baseball and softball programs at Southern Maine high schools with 16 kids, total varsity/jv/freshman. Meanwhile, lax is full of boys and girls programs with 80 kids. It's frustrating as a baseball coach, can't field a jv team, can't cut kids with terrible attitudes/no skills, have to hope and pray enough people show up to field a team. We had 22 sign up to play at our large high school. Whittled down to 16 before day 1 of practice. Two are "on" the team but show up when they feel like it. The kids all want to play lax. Our town used to have 16 little league baseball teams every spring. Down to three.
                          It sorta makes me wonder how soccer would be if it were a spring sport in the northeast... I have to imagine nobody honestly thought lax would be a threat to baseball.

add to that all the big boys are already playing lax... very little D2-D3 minnows... sports culture is what it is... they only want to compete with each other.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            It sorta makes me wonder how soccer would be if it were a spring sport in the northeast... I have to imagine nobody honestly thought lax would be a threat to baseball.

add to that all the big boys are already playing lax... very little D2-D3 minnows... sports culture is what it is... they only want to compete with each other.
                            Around the world football is a Fall through Spring sport.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Around the world football is a Fall through Spring sport.
                              and in the US football is the only sport... i always found it interesting that the good soccer [high] schools were the ones that were bad in football and vice versa.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by ithacat View Post
                                Football and lax where you come from.
                                You have a point. But hey, what better way to watch a college hockey game than to be skating on the studio rink at the same time?

Comment

Working...
                                X