Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
    Thanks to the teams who have put UAH on their 2011-2012 schedule. It's time to start assembling the apparent UAH schedule from the reports of others. Reports indicate the following:

Fri. Dec. 9 Minnesota State
    Sat. Dec. 10 Minnesota State
    Fri. Dec. 16 Bemidji State
    Sat. Dec. 17 Bemidji State
    Fri. Jan. 6 Denver
    Sat. Jan. 7 Denver
    Fri. Jan. 20 Minnesota-Duluth
    Sat. Jan. 21 Minnesota-Duluth

Please post CONFIRMED additions/corrections.
    WHCA teams thats great.

Comment

Thanks to the teams who have put UAH on their 2011-2012 schedule. It's time to start assembling the apparent UAH schedule from the reports of others. Reports indicate the following:

Fri. Dec. 9 Minnesota State
      Sat. Dec. 10 Minnesota State
      Fri. Dec. 16 Bemidji State
      Sat. Dec. 17 Bemidji State
      Fri. Jan. 6 Denver
      Sat. Jan. 7 Denver
      Fri. Jan. 20 Minnesota-Duluth
      Sat. Jan. 21 Minnesota-Duluth

Please post CONFIRMED additions/corrections.
      Nice to see the WCHA stepping up to the plate and where is the CCHA? Weiners.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        Didn't UAH play a lot of CCHA teams last season, and not WCHA?
        "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

UAH also had eight games with WCHA teams last season. Much appreciated.

CCHA teams had eleven games with UAH last season. Would expect some more next season, not sure though. Again, thanks to the teams that scheduled the Chargers.

Can't see the program continuing with indy schedule for much longer.
          Last edited by Back check; 05-06-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
            ... Can't see the program continuing with indy schedule for much longer.
            I disagree. The allure of variety and travel could help recruiting certain types of good players. The biggest burden/toll is on the coaching staff. They can find road games if they work hard enough. Plus, most of the road games are revenue producers for the program. However, the travel wears heavily on them and their families.

Comment

Can't see the program continuing with indy schedule for much longer.
              Also disagree, with the creation of the BTHC, there's a good chance that a spot in some conference will open up soon.
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                Didn't UAH play a lot of CCHA teams last season, and not WCHA?
                I stand corrected you are right. It looks like the WCHA and the CCHA alternate every other year.

Comment

I disagree. The allure of variety and travel could help recruiting certain types of good players. The biggest burden/toll is on the coaching staff. They can find road games if they work hard enough. Plus, most of the road games are revenue producers for the program. However, the travel wears heavily on them and their families.
                  New athletic director said UAH hockey needs a conference to continue. If UAH does not get accepted in to a conference by the 2013-2014 season, don't see the program continuing. An indy schedule will of course be needed 'til that point.

Comment

New athletic director said UAH hockey needs a conference to continue. If UAH does not get accepted in to a conference by the 2013-2014 season, don't see the program continuing. An indy schedule will of course be needed 'til that point.
                    I hope UAH finds a league to play in it would be good for college hockey to have a team in the south.

I know my teams up in the UP are in remote areas so i can relate to your team.

I wish UAH finds a place in college hockey.

I dont want to see UAH become a UIC, Kent St, Findley, Iona, and Wayne State.

There is room for college hockey in the south.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                      I dont want to see UAH become a UIC, Kent St, Findley, Iona, and Wayne State.
                      Jesus. There's a conference right there of folded teams. Can Pegula sweep in and donate just a fraction of his Penn State donation to each of those schools just to get hockey back?

There seems to be some growing resentment in the Chicagoland area that UIC dropped hockey. Not enough grumbling from those with the resources to reverse that though.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I stand corrected you are right. It looks like the WCHA and the CCHA alternate every other year.
                        Still not correct. UAH played teams from every conference last year, and likely will do so again this year. Last year they played CC, Wisc, UNO and BSU from the WCHA; MSU, FSU (4 games home/home), BGSU (3 games), OSU from the CCHA; Merrimack and Providence from HE; Cornell and RPI from ECAC; UConn, RMU and Mercyhurst from AH.
                        Last edited by fangers; 05-11-2011, 11:30 AM. Reason: had omitted RMU.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                          Still not correct. UAH played teams from every conference last year, and likely will do so again this year. Last year they played CC, Wisc, UNO and BSU from the WCHA; MSU, FSU (4 games home/home), BGSU (3 games), OSU from the CCHA; Merrimack and Providence from HE; Cornell and RPI from ECAC; UConn and Mercyhurst from AH.
                          One BGSU game and the UConn game were from the RPI Holiday Tournament (which unfortunately is no more). I think I put in my rumors that they'll be playing UNH this year. I know they're not on RPI's radar this year.
                          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 05-06-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            One BGSU game and the UConn game were from the RPI Holiday Tournament (which unfortunately is no more). I think I put in my rumors that they'll be playing UNH this year. I know they're not on RPI's radar this year.
                            I also hear rumblings that both Mercyhurst and OSU make trips to Huntsville this year, in exchange for games at their place this past year. But nothing official.

Wonder if UNH will be a Nashville deal like with Merrimack last year?

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                              I also hear rumblings that both Mercyhurst and OSU make trips to Huntsville this year, in exchange for games at their place this past year. But nothing official.

Wonder if UNH will be a Nashville deal like with Merrimack last year?
                              Rumors is better than nothing at this point; that's what the question mark is for.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                                There is room for college hockey in the south.
                                I agree!! Hopefully guys like Paul Kelly of College Hockey Inc. can help out with finding some southern schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X