Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    We've got a contingent coming. ND was kind enough to reserve us 100 tickets. I'm hoping we sell all of them.

What's it gonna take to get a campus tour on Saturday during the day?

GFM
    For a low-res. mini-tour in March, see
    http://home.hiwaay.net/~plong/20060315-NotreDame/

Comment

USCHO senior writer Jim Connelly did a nice interview on the Lake State pregame show Saturday night. I don't think there is a lot of new info here, but they do talk for several minutes about UAH at the beginning of the interview.

Cheers and good luck!

http://www.talkradio1400.com/page.php?page_id=13018

Go to the Laker Hockey Pregame section and it is the "Pregame 10-3 Segment 3" podcast.

Comment

Way to go, Chargers! Stick it to the CCHA and Notre Dame in particular.
        Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

That was a fun, fun game.

I must say ... the last two calls against NtD were kinda bogus, but ... a win is a win.

GFMß
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

I must say ... the last two calls against NtD were kinda bogus, but ... a win is a win.

GFMß
            Geof-

I didn't see the second-to-last call, but on the live feed, the trip seemed pretty egregious. Maybe it's angles, and again, you may have seen it better there... but from the center-ice camera (where that foul was) it sure looked like a trip as I saw the UAH player go flying over someone's leg. Not that it was intentional, but someone did go flying.

You're probably right, though. Who would think that the refs would screw someone other then us?

Comment

w00t for you!! great to see you stick it too em! Good luck this year!

Comment

GFMß
                Maybe the last one, but I thought Thang's first penalty was a correct call. I also thought the 5-minute major was a bit much too. UAH need not take anything away from this win. It was earned by outplaying Notre Dame. Period. Had nothing to do with the men in striped shirts. Congrats on the win. We may be the defending champs of the CCHA, but we appear to be a lower division CHA team...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                  ... We may be the defending champs of the CCHA, but we appear to be a lower division CHA team...
                  We'll get to see what both teams are really "made-of" tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                    We may be the defending champs of the CCHA, but we appear to be a lower division CHA team...
                    I bet we'd see a different result in the media and coaches polls after last night for the CHA.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

I may be BSU Beaver fan, but nobody likes seeing a team having to fold or no place to go... Save UAH hockey! Plus it's always a blood bath when BSU and UAH play

Go Beavers!

--Bergy--

Comment

The MOST IMPRESSIVE UPSET IN COLLEGE HOCKEY HISTORY AS THE NUMBER 58 OF 58 TEAMS BEATS TOP FIVE IRISH!!!

I think only the USA beating the USSR in 1980 was a bigger upset. Go UAH -- fight scratching and clawing to save your program ... And if i hear one more person say it was a marginal tripping call last night, i will remind the mighty irish faithful the ONLY REASON their football team had a chance to COME BACK last weekend is because the replay officials overturned a Touchdown by Polk putting Washington up double digits and KILLING ANY AND ALL HOPE for ND football to beat Washington ... so at least be consistent!!

Any bigger upsets = give me your take?

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE13 View Post
                          The MOST IMPRESSIVE UPSET IN COLLEGE HOCKEY HISTORY AS THE NUMBER 58 OF 58 TEAMS BEATS TOP FIVE IRISH!!!

I think only the USA beating the USSR in 1980 was a bigger upset. Go UAH -- fight scratching and clawing to save your program ... And if i hear one more person say it was a marginal tripping call last night, i will remind the mighty irish faithful the ONLY REASON their football team had a chance to COME BACK last weekend is because the replay officials overturned a Touchdown by Polk putting Washington up double digits and KILLING ANY AND ALL HOPE for ND football to beat Washington ... so at least be consistent!!

Any bigger upsets = give me your take?

Scott
                          I won't go through the entire thread but it looks as though there are but two of us who thought the call was marginal, interestingly enough, one who roots for UAH, and me, who has an allegiance to a team a little north of there. The one big difference between this and the football game? The bad call went AGAINST the Notre Dame hockey team, not for them. Only someone with blind hatred of Notre Dame (God I can remember when NONE of that filtered to the hockey end of campus) would see it as you do. That tripping call in the waning seconds was ridiculously bad. But if you even bothered to read any of MY post you would have noticed I said nothing other than UAH earned the win, and it had nothing to do with officiating. As well, in my own teams thread I had nothing to say about officials costing anyone anything. There's a difference between noting an incorrect assessment of a penalty -- which this was -- and blaming referees for the loss. God it can be a pain in the a55 to be a Notre Dame fan sometimes. Fortunately, all the winning we've been doing around here (most wins, highest winning%) for the last three seasons makes it easier to tolerate the likes of people like you...

please note none of this blather is directed at the majority of those posting in this thread, mainly the die-hards of the UAH community. You folks are some of the most stand-up people on this board. I just tire of all the ridiculous "lets hate Notre Dame HOCKEY now that they're good too" bandwagon jumping crap going on. Makes me think of the Kevin Bacon character in A Few Good Men when he tells LTJG Kaffey not to lump him in with Col Jessup and LT Kendrick just because they wear the same uniform

Comment

Hey, gfmorris, where's my Sun Drop?! I'll be sitting above the tunnel where my team comes out by 6:20 tonight should you feel compelled to grace me with this mysterious southern quaff (unless it's alcoholic, then wait til after the game!)
                            "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

JJFP - I'll be in the Press Box 1st period shooting and by the glass where the Zamboni comes out 2nd period. I'll be the one with the camera, UAH Hockey hat (on backwards) and black UAH Hockey shirt. Love to say hello if you get that way. I may stick my head up the tunnel your way before the game too.
                              Doug
                              UAH 1974
                              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                                Hey, gfmorris, where's my Sun Drop?! I'll be sitting above the tunnel where my team comes out by 6:20 tonight should you feel compelled to grace me with this mysterious southern quaff (unless it's alcoholic, then wait til after the game!)
                                I left it at home, but I'll ship you some if you'd like.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X