Save Uah Hockey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

We can add Miami to the list of teams that are willing to give you guys some games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      We can add Miami to the list of teams that are willing to give you guys some games this year.
      Thanks - two more very tough games for the Chargers road schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
        Thanks to the teams who have put UAH on their 2011-2012 schedule. It's time to start assembling the apparent UAH schedule from the reports of others. Reports indicate the following:

Fri. Dec. 9 Minnesota State
        Sat. Dec. 10 Minnesota State
        Fri. Dec. 16 Bemidji State
        Sat. Dec. 17 Bemidji State
        Fri. Jan. 6 Denver
        Sat. Jan. 7 Denver
        Fri. Jan. 20 Minnesota-Duluth
        Sat. Jan. 21 Minnesota-Duluth

Please post CONFIRMED additions/corrections.

Fri. Jan. 6 Denver
        Sat. Jan. 7 Denver
        Fri. Feb. 10 Miami
        Sat. Feb. 11 Miami
        Last edited by tnlong; 05-14-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Fri. Jan. 6 Denver
          Sat. Jan. 7 Denver
          Fri. Feb. 10 Miami
          Sat. Feb. 11 Miami
          Those are all away, correct?
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
            Those are all away, correct?

Fri. Dec. 9 @ Minnesota State
            Sat. Dec. 10 @ Minnesota State
            Fri. Dec. 16 @ Bemidji State
            Sat. Dec. 17 @ Bemidji State
            Fri. Jan. 6 @ Denver
            Sat. Jan. 7 @ Denver
            Fri. Jan. 20 @ Minnesota-Duluth
            Sat. Jan. 21 @ Minnesota-Duluth
            Fri. Feb. 10 @ Miami
            Sat. Feb. 11 @ Miami

Comment

It is a KNOWN that Ohio State will return the home-and-home this year [Jim Harris said it in the press conference announcing Luongo's hiring], but I haven't seen a date on that yet, internally or externally.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

There is a post on the LSSU thread that indicates UAH and LSSU will be playing this coming season at UAH (Oct 1-2) and the following season at LSSU.
                Last edited by Bill; 05-17-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  There is a post on the LSSU thread that indicates UAH and LSSU will be playing this coming season at UAH (Oct 1-2) and the following season at LSSU.
                  That fits with my understanding of the schedule. This is right at the earliest teams can play under NCAA rules.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    That fits with my understanding of the schedule. This is right at the earliest teams can play under NCAA rules.

GFM
                    What's the earliest they can officially practice? That's enough of a confirmation for me even though I couldn't find anything on the LSSU website referencing it. I did see a report on their awards banquet though (unlike a certain team we know). ;-)

Sat. Oct. 1 v's Lake Superior State
                    Sun. Oct. 2 v's Lake Superior State
                    Fri. Jan. 6 @ Denver
                    Sat. Jan. 7 @ Denver
                    Fri. Feb. 10 @ Miami
                    Sat. Feb. 11 @ Miami

Comment

What's the earliest they can officially practice? That's enough of a confirmation for me even though I couldn't find anything on the LSSU website referencing it. I did see a report on their awards banquet though (unlike a certain team we know). ;-)

Sat. Oct. 1 v's Lake Superior State
                      Sun. Oct. 2 v's Lake Superior State
                      Fri. Jan. 6 @ Denver
                      Sat. Jan. 7 @ Denver
                      Fri. Feb. 10 @ Miami
                      Sat. Feb. 11 @ Miami
                      The earliest a team can "officially" practice is exactly the same day. However, the coach is allowed contact with 2 or 3 members of the team per day leading up, starting I think a month or so before.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        This is something I've wanted for a while. I really think LSSU would be a great area to drag some of the more adventurous students from our college. If nothing else, I love the area. Too bad it's almost impossible to get time off from my job between August and December or I'd take a week and make a trip of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                          This is something I've wanted for a while. I really think LSSU would be a great area to drag some of the more adventurous students from our college. If nothing else, I love the area. Too bad it's almost impossible to get time off from my job between August and December or I'd take a week and make a trip of it.
                          Okay, I can't let this go - I never noticed before that you list Antioch as your location, and now you've professed a love for the Soo.

The reason I would care? My sister used to live in Antioch and now lives in Brentwood, and my father-in-law lives on Sugar Island in Sault Ste. Marie (plus I got married in the Soo). BSU is playing there in November, and I'm trying to put together a trip for the family...

It truly is a small world.

AHA:
                          ECAC:

Comment

Okay, I can't let this go - I never noticed before that you list Antioch as your location, and now you've professed a love for the Soo.

The reason I would care? My sister used to live in Antioch and now lives in Brentwood, and my father-in-law lives on Sugar Island in Sault Ste. Marie (plus I got married in the Soo). BSU is playing there in November, and I'm trying to put together a trip for the family...

It truly is a small world.
                            That's probably because I changed it a few weeks ago after I moved. I was in Madison, AL. I graduated from UAH in December and took a job here in Tennessee.

I grew up downstate (Flint) but I spent a lot of time in farther north in the state. Great Sleeping Bear near Empire, Higgin's Lake, Tawas, Mackinaw Island, Wilderness State Park, Hiawatha National Forest, the Soo, Whitefish Point, etc. are all childhood memories. I took my wife for the first time last year and she loved the area too. It's just a great place (if you ignore the economics and politics), and one I'd like to return to more often. We didn't get a chance on that trip to actually make the Soo itself, and I'd like to remedy that. A hockey game would be a great excuse.

I wish Michigan would put some money into promoting tourism up along the coast of Lake Superior down here. A lot of the folks in this region would probably love it in the summer and fall, but I seldom saw people from further away than Indiana. It's gorgeous in many areas, great camping and hiking, good hunting too. There are a number of nice bed and breakfasts, some are in the old lighthouses.

I will say one thing... the trail between the falls as Tahquamenon Falls LIES when it says it's four miles. It's closer to 6 or 7. It was fun, but we wore out the plott hound who was with us and that says something.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                              That's probably because I changed it a few weeks ago after I moved. I was in Madison, AL. I graduated from UAH in December and took a job here in Tennessee.

I grew up downstate (Flint) but I spent a lot of time in farther north in the state. Great Sleeping Bear near Empire, Higgin's Lake, Tawas, Mackinaw Island, Wilderness State Park, Hiawatha National Forest, the Soo, Whitefish Point, etc. are all childhood memories. I took my wife for the first time last year and she loved the area too. It's just a great place (if you ignore the economics and politics), and one I'd like to return to more often. We didn't get a chance on that trip to actually make the Soo itself, and I'd like to remedy that. A hockey game would be a great excuse.

I wish Michigan would put some money into promoting tourism up along the coast of Lake Superior down here. A lot of the folks in this region would probably love it in the summer and fall, but I seldom saw people from further away than Indiana. It's gorgeous in many areas, great camping and hiking, good hunting too. There are a number of nice bed and breakfasts, some are in the old lighthouses.

I will say one thing... the trail between the falls as Tahquamenon Falls LIES when it says it's four miles. It's closer to 6 or 7. It was fun, but we wore out the plott hound who was with us and that says something.
                              That pretty much says it all. My wife grew up in rural Marquette County before moving to Rudyard for HS, so I've been all over the UP (went to school at NMU, visited every part of the state, got married in the Soo), and hadn't been back in a number of years until last summer. We did the touristy-type stuff, going all over again (Marquette, Soo and her Mom lives in Traverse City), and just fell in love with Michigan all over. We would love to move back, but the economy is just so terrible. The one chance we had didn't work out for that reason...

AHA:
                              ECAC:

Comment

That pretty much says it all. My wife grew up in rural Marquette County before moving to Rudyard for HS, so I've been all over the UP (went to school at NMU, visited every part of the state, got married in the Soo), and hadn't been back in a number of years until last summer. We did the touristy-type stuff, going all over again (Marquette, Soo and her Mom lives in Traverse City), and just fell in love with Michigan all over. We would love to move back, but the economy is just so terrible. The one chance we had didn't work out for that reason...
                                I had an a few options that might have taken me back to Michigan. Since I got one of my top choices offered to me I wasn't inclined to wait and see what the others were going to do in this economy. While I love the land, there are just too many negatives right now for me to seriously consider returning. Maybe someday I'll go repurchase the old family cabin property on Crystal Lake... nice retirement spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X