X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gfmorris
    replied
    Re: Save Uah Hockey!

******* width="400" height="300">****** name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />****** name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8271060&server=vimeo.com&sho w_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&ful lscreen=1" />****** src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8271060&server=vimeo.com&sho w_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&ful lscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300">

Danton Cole Interview, 18 Dec 2009 - SaveUAHHockey.com from Geoffrey Morris on Vimeo.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I just want to say good luck to UAH and their fans for the rest of the season. I really enjoyed my visit to Huntsville this past weekend, not because Lowell won both games. The city is very nice and the people were friendly. The weather was also great and we had a chance to check out some of the local sites and restaurants (The Old Train Station, Jack Daniel's Distillery, Lee Anne's and Nolan's Pub). I would have no problem going back for another visit.

Hopefully other DI programs will step up and help UAH out by scheduling some games in Huntsville, at least until they find a league home.
    Thanks!

GFM

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

I just want to say good luck to UAH and their fans for the rest of the season. I really enjoyed my visit to Huntsville this past weekend, not because Lowell won both games. The city is very nice and the people were friendly. The weather was also great and we had a chance to check out some of the local sites and restaurants (The Old Train Station, Jack Daniel's Distillery, Lee Anne's and Nolan's Pub). I would have no problem going back for another visit.

Hopefully other DI programs will step up and help UAH out by scheduling some games in Huntsville, at least until they find a league home.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
    It's interesting that the S.I. article mentioned the possibility of extending that deal to UAH.
    Yeah, and in that artical, they named Bemidji State as last year's NCAA winner. Just how much real research do you think they really did for it???

Leave a comment:

• Go-UML
    replied

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
    It's interesting that the S.I. article mentioned the possibility of extending that deal to UAH.
    I'm sure it'd help.

Looking forward to the trip in a couple weeks.

Leave a comment:

• tnlong
    replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    True, but Alaska has that game exemption deal with the NCAA. Not a bad deal there.

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Like Alaska fits the WCHA and CCHA geographic footprint?
    That's a different circumstance, and you know it.

I had to word that very carefully, as this was told to UAH by the MAAC in 1998. AHA fans are quick to point out that the AHA administration is not the MAAC administration, and I understand the issues that the hockey league had with the MAAC (particularly the affiliate members).

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    True, but Alaska has that game exemption deal with the NCAA. Not a bad deal there.
    True, true.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
    UAH has already been told once by the schools of Atlantic Hockey that it doesn't fit within the league's "geographic footprint."

So please understand my skepticism.

Leave a comment:

• AFHockeyFan
    replied

That's unfortunate. Because there is nothing "Atlantic" about Colorado. Maybe they want to stay a bus league +1. With almost half of the new league in and around Buffalo (Canisius, Niagara, RIT, Mercyhurst and Bobby Mo) maybe they need to move the league offices a little west of Boston. They need to get over the fact that they're not the MassPike league anymore.

Leave a comment:

• MikeAnderson
    replied

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
    Chris Lerch confirmed (repeated?) it in his Atlantic Hockey column today. Personally, I think that's a great trade. The weather is ALWAYS better in Huntsville than Erie, and with Bobby Mo and Viagara, the AHA could have an "West/Old CHA" division. Personally, I hope this works out, and we can welcome the Chargers into Atlantic Hockey. Based on the results two weekends ago, you guys would instantly be in the conversation for the league title.
    UAH has already been told once by the schools of Atlantic Hockey that it doesn't fit within the league's "geographic footprint."

So please understand my skepticism.

Leave a comment:

• AFHockeyFan
    replied

Chris Lerch confirmed (repeated?) it in his Atlantic Hockey column today. Personally, I think that's a great trade. The weather is ALWAYS better in Huntsville than Erie, and with Bobby Mo and Viagara, the AHA could have an "West/Old CHA" division. Personally, I hope this works out, and we can welcome the Chargers into Atlantic Hockey. Based on the results two weekends ago, you guys would instantly be in the conversation for the league title.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

Ah... Since Weston wrote it, there was no way I would have seen that...

If this is indeed true, I wonder why Mercyhurst wants out... I would have figured that Niagara would be the first to jump ship if an opportunity would come about...

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    Mercy Worst?? Bah!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X