This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Junior Team cuts

how can a goalie play terrible and make 42 save out of 44 shots must have been doing something right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gofishingtom View Post
      how can a goalie play terrible and make 42 save out of 44 shots must have been doing something right!!!
      No kidding. I just watched the replay of the third period and counted 19 saves by Lee--many difficult ones. And he stopped all the rebounds (about 3 of the rebounds resulted in second shots). Lets see, the announcers said he was a difference-maker in this game, and he was named Player of the Game.

Throw him under the bus my ***.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
        No kidding. I just watched the replay of the third period and counted 19 saves by Lee--many difficult ones. And he stopped all the rebounds (about 3 of the rebounds resulted in second shots). Lets see, the announcers said he was a difference-maker in this game, and he was named Player of the Game.

Throw him under the bus my ***.
        Well, he didn't stop ALL the rebounds

I have no idea how he looked for the first 50 minutes, but those last 10 he was leaving the puck in some pretty dicey places.

Comment

Added galleries to 12/26-1/1 links (front page). Still working on 1/2.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by gofishingtom View Post
            I think it was more of a case of lack of finishing from the Finns than anything else......Lee had terrible rebound control and had to be bailed out on numerous occasions by the D. The Swedes will be a much tougher opponent and I would just feel more confident with Campbell in net.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
              I think it was more of a case of lack of finishing from the Finns than anything else......Lee had terrible rebound control and had to be bailed out on numerous occasions by the D. The Swedes will be a much tougher opponent and I would just feel more confident with Campbell in net.
              Considering they've rotated every game, Campbell probably will play the Swedes, but Lee could get the following game unless Campbell is unreal.
              Besides, I'd rather have his rebound control be a bit off and have his D bail him out as they should rather than his positioning be off completely where no D in world can really help you. (McCollum last year)
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Switzerland seriously beat Russia?

Could the Canadians get an easier cakewalk to the finals?

Now that loss against Canada steams me even more because we would have been in that position while Canada would have had to run the gauntlet of Finland, Sweden, and then the US in the finals.

Granted, I know Switzerland has Conz (arguably the best goalie in the tourney) but come on...does anyone honestly think Canada won't win this game 7-1 or something along those lines while the Russians most likely would have given the Canadians a much better game.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Granted, I know Switzerland has Conz (arguably the best goalie in the tourney) but come on...does anyone honestly think Canada won't win this game 7-1 or something along those lines while the Russians most likely would have given the Canadians a much better game.
                  The Russians looked off the entire tourney, so even though they may have superior talent over the Swiss, they most likely wouldn't have given Canada much more of a game or had a better chance.

In a one game situation, anything can happen. Go Swiss!

Comment

If not for an outstanding performance by the Russian goalie, Finland would have beaten them. Russia was not that good. While Group B looked incredibly strong, I don't think it was. Other than Sweden, none of the teams looked that impressive.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

our goal differential against Finland would have been better if John Moore had been playing for us...
                      Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

the Czechs are up 9-2 on Latvia with 6 minutes to play. Looks like Austria and Latvia are going down to the surprise of no one. Looks like tomorrow brings three games with nothing on the line but pride.

Comment

Working...
                        X