This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Junior Team cuts

If anyone was wondering why Derek Stapan is the captain of this club, they should know now. I thought he played a very strong game, and in the final minutes made a great assist to Kristo who was then stoned by the Canadien goalie. It would have been a great finish especially for the WCHA contingent. I believe that Kristo and all three Badgers were on the ice at that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
      In the hockey world, this tournament dwarfs D-1 hockey. Draft status, contracts and futures are made at this tourney.

So because a high school title has more of a following in Minny, it has more prestige than this tournament???

Dream on.
      In Minnesota the highschool tourney dwarfs the WJC's. Not even close. Before the recession FSN televised high school regular season hockey games.

Only if he's from Minnesoooota. Face it Hap, Minny aint the center of the hockey world....never was and I'd argue that it's not even the center of hockey in the U.S. anymore.
      Obviously, you have never been to Minnesota.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        Before the recession FSN televised high school regular season hockey games.
        Still is...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
          You're an American? You jacked off to major juniors enough that I assumed you were Canadian. Although if you're in the Soo you might as well be.

Thanks for your lovely rep, but I'm not fat.
          Yeah, I'm a fan of the CHL as well as the NCAA......and I think this tourney is showing the skill level found in the CHL.

You're really not fat?? Could have fooled me.

Comment

Ugh. I want to vomit. What a predictable yet painful finish. I hate to say it but there's no way we run this gauntlet to get back at Canada. Hopefully we at least beat Finland and get a crack at a medal. IF we meet Canada again, we'll beat 'em, but I'm not sure if we can get to them.
            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
            -
            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Yeah, I'm a fan of the CHL as well as the NCAA......and I think this tourney is showing the skill level found in the CHL.
              It's not showing any talent from the NCAA though? Interesting.
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                It's not showing any talent from the NCAA though? Interesting.
                Ummm I think we all appreciate the skill level found in the NCAA cause we're all college hockey fans but I was always amused at how many of our fellow fans in the fine state of Minny would equate the CHL to something like Prep school hockey.

IF we meet Canada again, we'll beat 'em, but I'm not sure if we can get to them.
                We should have beaten them tonight. They were nothing more than a huge turn over machine for two periods. I doubt that they will have that type of game again.
                Last edited by jnacc; 01-01-2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Ummm I think we all appreciate the skill level found in the NCAA cause we're all college hockey fans but I was always amused at how many of our fellow fans in the fine state of Minny would equate the CHL to something like Prep school hockey.
                  The CHL would probably be good competition for SSM.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Clearly, you've never met her...

I don't think anyone's equating the talent of the two leagues (nor should they). From what I've been able to gather (only read this last page here...so not the whole thread) all that's been said is that the State HS tourney is more popular in MN then the WJC...which is true.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Gentlemen, I've come back from the new years eve party to this news and all i can feel are the course of my tears. There will be a day of vengence and god willing that day will be soon.

Comment

tool.

You're a fan of the NCAA? really? fooled me all along eh?
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                          The CHL would probably be good competition for SSM.
                          maybe Stepan and Murray on one line there 2 years ago.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            In Minnesota the highschool tourney dwarfs the WJC's. Not even close. Before the recession FSN televised high school regular season hockey games.
                            They still do, which is great because I get to see my brother [and alma matter] play from half a continent away.
                            M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Comment

Well, just got done watching the tape of the game after being out and not knowing the outcome.

I just kept thinking, we are faster than these guys. And we were. Unfortunately, they buried more of their limited opportunities and had some puck luck. Two of their goals were just shovel it on net and hope for the best. We needed one more goal and failed on a penalty shot and a clean break.

I'm not sure if we should have won that game, but we certainly could have.

I think that destiny will allow another day and if we play with this level of speed and effort, we will find a way to win.

Very impressive effort for 50 minutes.

Comment

Team USA Faster? Sure, they put a scare into Canada, but the bottom line is they lost. Moral victories won't get you medals, only frustration. Just like last year, they had a big lead in a Canadian barn and blew it.

Canada knows how to close out a game and get a good result, even when they get outplayed. Team USA gave up two goals in the last 13 minutes, as well as a goal that was waived off in the final minutes, and three straight goals in the shootout. Not acceptable finishing for the Red White and Blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X