This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Junior Team cuts

The Canadian PP has amazing puck control. Very fluid and very good at finding the open man.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

A couple Montreal Canadiens fans -hotties- behind the Canada bench. I think the one is trying to flash the camera.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        A couple Montreal Canadiens fans -hotties- behind the Canada bench. I think the one is trying to flash the camera.
        I hope those aren't the same girls I saw that looked 12
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          You may get your wish sooner rather than later...

the NCAA Rules Committee presented this very topic as a possible rule change to consider for upcoming seasons.
          Wow. Thats would be a huge step in the right direction. Wonder who proposed the idea?

If they adopt it it might really open up the game.

* Leaving the feet to play the puck. This proposal deals with defensive players diving or sliding to block shots or passes. A minor penalty would be imposed for a violation.
          Since the 2004 National Championship game where Denver blocked an incredible 27 Maine shots, college hockey has turned into European soccer. Scoring has declined, players particularly when short handed, slide into the puck carrier and goals have become a rarity. In the WCHA 5 on 5 goals are now infrequent. To make matters worse, pretty goals have become non-existent.

Hockey was not designed to have players lying all over the ice and the shot blocking has made college hockey boring. Goals are more often than not are scrums where the goaltender just gets bowled over. Goals from the blueline are non-existent as well.

Shot blocking takes courage, but it takes very little skill just to lay down on the ice.

This rule change would be a huge step in the right direction.
          Last edited by dggoddard; 12-28-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
            Wow. Thats would be a huge step in the right direction. Wonder who proposed the idea?

If they adopt it it might really open up the game.

Since the 2004 National Championship game where Denver blocked an incredible 27 Maine shots, college hockey has turned into European soccer. Scoring has declined, players particularly when short handed, slide into the puck carrier and goals have become a rarity. In the WCHA 5 on 5 goals are now infrequent. To make matters worse, pretty goals have become non-existent.

Hockey was not designed to have players lying all over the ice and the shot blocking has made college hockey boring. Goals are more often than not are scrums where the goaltender just gets bowled over. Goals from the blueline are non-existent as well.

Shot blocking takes courage, but it takes very little skill just to lay down on the ice.

This rule change would be a huge step in the right direction.
            I've got to disagree with you, on a number of points.

First, taking this step would be a huge blow to college hockey's effort to compete with the major junior leagues, at least until such time as the NHL also enacts similar shotblocking rules.

Second, effective shotblocking is a skill not many players possess, or are willing to put in the work (and pain) to perfect. Those that do are highly prized by their teams.

Also, skilled shotblocking is not a recent college hockey phenomenom. The best I ever saw was Craig Ludwig at UND in the late '70's and early '80's. He parlayed that skill into a long and successful NHL career.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I've got to disagree with you, on a number of points.

First, taking this step would be a huge blow to college hockey's effort to compete with the major junior leagues, at least until such time as the NHL also enacts similar shotblocking rules.

Second, effective shotblocking is a skill not many players possess, or are willing to put in the work (and pain) to perfect. Those that do are highly prized by their teams.

Also, skilled shotblocking is not a recent college hockey phenomenom. The best I ever saw was Craig Ludwig at UND in the late '70's and early '80's. He parlayed that skill into a long and successful NHL career.
              I also do not like this proposed rule change. Growing up, I was always taught to go down to block shots or passes because you take up more room that way. I see going down (insert sexual joke here) as nothing more than strategy. If someone's willing to expose that much of their body (insert another sexual joke here), they should be able to.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                Is it just me or is the production value, camerawork, and quality of the HD better on the TSN simulcasts of Canada than the NHL Network productions of US games?
                I believe that all productions are done by TSN, with the only difference being the on air talent.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  I hope those aren't the same girls I saw that looked 12
                  Might have been.
                  Did DL hack my account for a bit??

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Finland outshoots Russia 46-17 but loses 2-0.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
                      Canadians do realize that no one in the rest of the world, outside of college hockey boards, cares about this tournament? For all their Boxing Day-January 5th chest thumping and shouting, the rest of the world isn't paying attention and really doesn't give a crap how many Junior titles they win?
                      That is what so funny. Don't get me wrong I would love to see the US win the tourney but I would rather see the Gophers or Wild win a championship.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                        I believe that all productions are done by TSN, with the only difference being the on air talent.
                        I've thought that the production for the USA games has been very good. The HD has been great.

As far as camera angles, have USA and Canada been in the same rink? I know that there are two sites and the camera angles can be very different from rink to rink.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          I've thought that the production for the USA games has been very good. The HD has been great.

As far as camera angles, have USA and Canada been in the same rink? I know that there are two sites and the camera angles can be very different from rink to rink.
                          The US and Canada are both part of Group A playing in Saskatoon which will also host the medal round. Slovakia, Switzerland and Latvia are the other Saskatoon teams. Sweden, Russia, Finland, Austria, and the Czech Republic are in Regina Xwhich will host the relegation roundX

Edit - the relegation round will also be in Saskatoon. I just assumed that as in past years they'd be in the other city. 3 games a day (noon, 4 and 8 pm) 1/2-1/4. As tiring as it is, it is nice to know I will get to shoot all the teams despite not being able to make it to Regina at all.
                          Last edited by mwade; 12-29-2009, 02:51 AM.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                            The US and Canada are both part of Group A playing in Saskatoon which will also host the medal round. Slovakia, Switzerland and Latvia are the other Saskatoon teams. Sweden, Russia, Finland, Austria, and the Czech Republic are in Regina Xwhich will host the relegation roundX

Edit - the relegation round will also be in Saskatoon. I just assumed that as in past years they'd be in the other city. 3 games a day (noon, 4 and 8 pm) 1/2-1/4. As tiring as it is, it is nice to know I will get to shoot all the teams despite not being able to make it to Regina at all.
                            Great photos! I really like the one where the Harvard player is skating towards the lens along the boards and his reflection is mirroring him in the glass. Well done.

Comment

Haha. Watch the highlights from the Can/Swi game on the TSN website:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/

Kadri from Canada whining about a Swiss player hitting him. What a baby. Canada has dished out multiple cheap shots in the games so far, and he's whining about being hit while going to the bench?

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

We should quit wasting our time talking about Canda. Sweden is the best team there, not the Canadians

Comment

Working...
                                X