This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Junior Team cuts

I think half the issue with Canada's opponents is that they seem afraid to take the body. Switzerland took the body against the US yesterday, but today they are just letting the Canadians walk along the boards. Hopefully the US actually hit back.

Someone needs to actually score on these a-holes though.
    Can the Swiss do it?
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Is it just me or is the production value, camerawork, and quality of the HD better on the TSN simulcasts of Canada than the NHL Network productions of US games?
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

...it could be in my head, obviously.
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Anyone who thinks hockey doesnt have enough action needs to watch the World Juniors.

This hockey is just incredible! Wide-open, end to end, lots of scoring chances.

If not for Conz, Canada would be winning about 5 or 6-0 right now.

This Canadian team is darn good...
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Conz was a brick wall yesterday, and then he lets in that shot today?

3-0 Canada

Of course, it doesn't help that SWI can't stay out of the box...nothing like letting Canada have endless PP opportunities.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              Conz was a brick wall yesterday, and then he lets in that shot today?

3-0 Canada

Of course, it doesn't help that SWI can't stay out of the box...nothing like letting Canada have endless PP opportunities.
              weak.

and again....weak.

r

Comment

Canada can't lose enough in anything involving ice hockey.

There. I said it. And I'll say it again.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

A beauty of a tip in front by Eberle, and it's 4-0 Canada.
                  Two PP goals in less than a minute.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Almost too easy.

5-0 Canada

Not even to the halfway point yet.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I missed the first 1:30 of the second period because I was making dinner and two Canada goals already?! Christ...

Make it 5-0...

We're going to have our hands full on Thursday...
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        We're going to have our hands full on Thursday...
                        Canada won't.
                        I just don't see the US being able to keep up with the Canucks. I hate to say it, but Canada is in a different league. The US is good, but I would be surprised if they can keep it to within 3-4 goals of Canada.

That said, I hope the US proves me wrong.

SWI keeps giving Canada PP chances...they must want to lose by double digits.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The Swiss are folding. This could get real ugly. Canada looks like a good bet to hit double digits again.

I think we should pray the Canadians simply get complacent after these beatdowns there dishing out. The Slovaks should present some better opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Anyone who thinks hockey doesnt have enough action needs to watch the World Juniors.

This hockey is just incredible! Wide-open, end to end, lots of scoring chances.
                            I agree. Its a far better brand of hockey than NCAA hockey IMO.

I'd like to outlaw leaving your feet to block shots for starters.
                            Last edited by dggoddard; 12-28-2009, 04:10 PM.

Comment

SOG 25-6 Canada

Once again, Canada almost has as many goals as their opponent has sog.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post

I'd like to outlaw leaving your feet to block shots for starters.
                                You may get your wish sooner rather than later...

the NCAA Rules Committee presented this very topic as a possible rule change to consider for upcoming seasons.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X