Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gophers 2014-2015: Biggest Underachievement in History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2014-2015: Biggest Underachievement in History?

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    Don't flatter yourself. You didn't even use the right smiley....
    I was worried about copyright infringement. You guys strike me as probably being litigious ********.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

My three "It's" for the day:

1. It's almost a foregone conclusion that the Badgers will have to win the conference tournament to make the NCAA's.
      2. It's nearly a forgone conclusion that the Gophers will be in the NCAA tournament no matter how they do in the conference tournament.
      3. It's simple math, really. Better players + better coaching + better fan support = better program.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        My three "It's" for the day:

1. It's almost a foregone conclusion that the Badgers will have to win the conference tournament to make the NCAA's.
        2. It's nearly a forgone conclusion that the Gophers will be in the NCAA tournament no matter how they do in the conference tournament.
        3. It's simple math, really. Better players + better coaching + better fan support = better program.
        They have more NCAA titles. Everything else is in our flavor.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          NCAA titles, yes. National titles, no.

Where's JDUBBS when you need him?

Comment

This thread is just a huge slap in the face to Holy Cross and I will not sit by and watch that injustice unfurl!
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Remember the good old days when becky was losing to a converted club team... I guess that wasn't the "old" days, that happened much more recently.

Edit: My memory is going, must be the paint thinner fumes from sconny seaping over to the good side of the river.
              Last edited by SanTropez; 12-05-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Agreed. And to be serious for one second, I do feel good about the kids we have this year and have coming in.
                If more don't jump ship.

I know we're probably keeping you from trying to blow sunshine up your fan base's arse in your season thread, but I still feel the need to remind you that you are SECOND TO LAST in the Pairwise standings (a feat of mediocrity I don't EVER remember the Gophers being in at this point in a season).

In the last 20 years you trail us on win percentage (.632 to .567), Conference Championships (6 to 1), NCAA Appearances (14 to 11), Frozen Fours (6 to 2), National Championships (2 to 1) and Hobey Winners (2 to 1). You are tied with us on Conference Tourney Championships (4 to 4), so congrats on that.

I am sure you are super duper stoked about your future classes (something we have accepted as a norm), and the fact that you follow a program that is relevant MAYBE every 4 years or so lately, but I fail to see what high ground you stand on that makes you think your trash talking is ANYTHING but comical?

Do tell.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  What flavor is that?
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                    NCAA titles, yes. National titles, no.

Where's mnstateOfhockey when you need him?

He's here - been posting in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                      I am sure you are super duper stoked about your future classes (something we have accepted as a norm), and the fact that you follow a program that is relevant MAYBE every 4 years or so lately, but I fail to see what high ground you stand on that makes you think your trash talking is ANYTHING but comical?

Do tell.

He's roped plenty of you, which was his goal.

So... he won.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

So... he won.
                        Which was my original point, it's all he (you all) really have at this point.

If that's "winning", no thanks.
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by hockeynut
                          Sad stuff.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

So... he won.
                            Some see the rope and don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              I was worried about copyright infringement. You guys strike me as probably being litigious ********.
                              Then don't pretend like you actually fooled anyone if you weren't even bold enough to use the right smiley! LOL!
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

It's funny how the old WCHA rivals are still living in the past. They need to move on and create new rivals in their own leagues the old rivalries are already wearing off rather quickly.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X