• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska @ MSU Mankato: 12/5 and 12/6

Goooooooo Nanooks!!!

Comment

Raise your hand if you saw that coming. Nice to finally get a OT win after a couple of OT heartbreakers.

One trait of the Nooks in the last couple years is the ability to come back from behind. That's a good trait to have.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Bend but don't break...good job Nooks!

Somebody with more hockey knowledge than I (which ain't saying much) is going to have to explain Perry's interference penalty going into OT. Looked like the puck and both players hit the boards "about" the same time. Luckily it did not determine a winner.

Comment

Embarrassing.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
            Bend but don't break...good job Nooks!

Somebody with more hockey knowledge than I (which ain't saying much) is going to have to explain Perry's interference penalty going into OT. Looked like the puck and both players hit the boards "about" the same time. Luckily it did not determine a winner.
            I don't think you have to have much hockey knowledge to know that was an awful call, just horrible. It was especially bad considering how much they were letting go the whole game. UAF did a great job of pushing the limits of clutching and grabbing (for lack of a better term). They slowed MSU down the whole night and that, to me, was the difference in the game. MSU was never really able to use their speed outside of about 7 minutes in the first period.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              Embarrassing.
              We must have done something right.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

The Mavs will pour it on tonight. The Nooks will have to weather the first ten minutes. But they now have a feel for the Mavs and the rink and should have confidence going into tonight’s game 5x5. They just need to stay out of the box. We’ll see if Jones can put together two good games on the weekend (I assume Jones will be in net).

Go Nooks!

Comment

We need to do a better job getting it out of our zone. We need to be better on the PP. We need better goaltending. We need more sustained intensity, instead of just turning it up when we fall behind. There. Does that about cover it? Oh yeah, where was Franklin?

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                    We need to do a better job getting it out of our zone. We need to be better on the PP. We need better goaltending. We need more sustained intensity, instead of just turning it up when we fall behind. There. Does that about cover it?...
                    Are you plagiarizing our season thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      I don't think you have to have much hockey knowledge to know that was an awful call, just horrible. It was especially bad considering how much they were letting go the whole game. UAF did a great job of pushing the limits of clutching and grabbing (for lack of a better term). They slowed MSU down the whole night and that, to me, was the difference in the game. MSU was never really able to use their speed outside of about 7 minutes in the first period.
                      A lot of those last night. Some wildly inconsistent calls from the refs. I hope for a better job officiating tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                        Are you plagiarizing our season thread?
                        Ok, none of these are new issues. But dang! Last night was the perfect storm of all of them coming together!

Comment

Grats to Mankato on the win tonight.

Already looking forward to watching these teams go at it in the Banks in February. I'll be headed up north for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Grats to Mankato on the win tonight.

Already looking forward to watching these teams go at it in the Banks in February. I'll be headed up north for that one.
                            Also well done by UAF this weekend, and a good fan turnout for them. That 27-12-9 line kicked our butts all weekend, and looked as good as anyone has against us all year. We'll have to play them much better up there.

Comment

Working...
                            X