Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU @ Alaska: You Have Turkey Up Here, Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU @ Alaska: You Have Turkey Up Here, Right?

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    ...I'm content with a split in Alaska...
    As I understand it, we will be content to lose two at home as long as we “compete hard”, stay within our systems, and keep our intensity levels on an even keel.

Personally I would like to see a little more grittiness in our systems and for our intensity levels to ratchet up a notch and occasionally shoot through the roof. We have deservedly been written off by about everyone in the conference. Time to remind them that you don’t poke a sleeping bear. Wake up boys. Too much talent for this.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Eh, close enough. Point being, 355 miles on a bus after about 3,000 miles in thr air is still a haul.
      I'd take that scenario instead of the 1000 mile bus ride that Tech is making to Huntsville this week. Throw in some weather or traffic and you're talking over 18 hours in the old iron lung. Of course, they won't do it in one day - but that almost makes it worse in some ways.

Comment

Let's Go 'Cats!

And with the penalty handed down, my nickname of UA_ seems appropriate.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Nooks shutout NMU tonight 3-0 in a solid all-around team effort. Worked hard along the boards, won many of the individual puck battles, and really bore down on defense. Davis Jones played a solid game and was there when needed. Good job by everyone.

The Nooks outshot NMU 27-18 for the game and scored all three goals in the second. They were 2 for 2 on the pp and killed all 3 Wildcat opportunities. T. Morley had a goal and two assists on the night. Basara with a goal and an assist.

Let’s see if we can keep the energy level up tomorrow night. Every shift counts.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Definitely one of our better outings this season, if not the best. Congrats to Jones on his second bagel!
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Well that was a stinker from the 'Cats. From what I saw on WCHA.tv last night, lot of over skated puck, looking for the puck, no one to clear rebounds away from the net... It looked like they just stepped off the plane that morning and not like they spent a week practicing and playing in Alaska already.

Need to regroup and play like they did last Friday (and at the start of the season).
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Disappointing to read about last nights game this morning

Like Aparch said, get back to what the Cats were doing for the first 6 weeks of the season....
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  Disappointing to read about last nights game this morning

Like Aparch said, get back to what the Cats were doing for the first 6 weeks of the season....
                  A couple tough games on a 12 day trip. NMU is 6-2-0 away from home. The sky is falling.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    A couple tough games on a 12 day trip. NMU is 6-2-0 away from home. The sky is falling.
                    No ....Just the Northern Lights....... Chicken Little. If it helps you are 4-0 on the road "In the States" but 2-2 in Alaska .... Kurt Haider being doing Road Trips for 18 years and only missed one weekend.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      No ....Just the Northern Lights....... Chicken Little. If it helps you are 4-0 on the road "In the States" but 2-2 in Alaska .... Kurt Haider being doing Road Trips for 18 years and only missed one weekend.
                      Enjoyed spending the week in Anchorage, got to see some great sights on the ride to Fairbanks and enjoyed time with some of our best fans there. All in all, a pretty good trip. Now if we can just get this last plane off the ground and get home!
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                      X