Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For More?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yager
    replied
    Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For More?

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
    We're not doing a very good job of killing this thread.

And for the record, I would love to see everyone at Tech (or in Houghton, whatever) build a 10-story building with furnishings. That'd be sweet
    One up, we already have an 11 story building with furnishings already, it's called the MEEM... or do you mean in snow? haha

Leave a comment:

• SiouxTechie
    replied
    Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For More?

We're not doing a very good job of killing this thread.

And for the record, I would love to see everyone at Tech (or in Houghton, whatever) build a 10-story building with furnishings. That'd be sweet

Leave a comment:

• Beer Pong Horn
    replied

And yes, the statues are cool, but it'd be awesomer to set a record for something
    I can only imagine if all the fraternities, sororities, student orgs and community groups got together, along with the Michigan Tech facilities crew and the Houghton County Road Commission providing snow. They'd have to plan a year in advance, they'd need someone unbiased leading the charge, and they'd have to delegate different groups according to their abilities, but... holy hell, they could literally build a ten-story building with all the furnishings, entirely from snow.

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
    Sounds like they need Bigloos. HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! Ahhhhh.
    I thought people with irritable bowels needed big loos.

Leave a comment:

• DaveStPaul
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Yes, Polar Bears are big, they need big igloos.
    Sounds like they need Bigloos. HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! Ahhhhh.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    And they are bigger than the biggest man-made ones?
    Yes, Polar Bears are big, they need big igloos.

Leave a comment:

• SiouxTechie
    replied

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
    ... I'm not gonna say it.

And yeah, I really think we should just can the traditional statue competition one year, and make an enormous snow statue to set a world record. We could do it. We have the technology.
    That's what she said? Or something else. You should say it lol

And yes, the statues are cool, but it'd be awesomer to set a record for something

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
    I, uh, I was told there was a thread killing?
    Yes, there's supposed to be one around here somewhere.

I was not aware that there were natural occurring igloos...
    Well I wasn't paying that much attention, but I do believe that's what the newspeople said, I didn't think so either haha

Leave a comment:

• Yager
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    There aren't, but there are igloos that are built by polar bears.
    And they are bigger than the biggest man-made ones?

Leave a comment:

• DaveStPaul
    replied

So I just thought I'd, you know, help kill it?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

An excellent point. Closest you could get would be making a snow cave out of a naturally-occurring drift.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

There aren't, but there are igloos that are built by polar bears.

Leave a comment:

• Yager
    replied

In Green Bay, there's a group of people trying to get the record for the largest man-made igloo or something.

Leave a comment:

• DaveStPaul
    replied

I, uh, I was told there was a thread killing?

Leave a comment:

• Beer Pong Horn
    replied

Oh yeah, I guess I should be! Screw you Techies
    ... I'm not gonna say it.

And yeah, I really think we should just can the traditional statue competition one year, and make an enormous snow statue to set a world record. We could do it. We have the technology.

Leave a comment:

• SiouxTechie
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    If it's a Canadian group holding the record, shouldn't you be rooting against any non-Canadian who tries to break it?
    Oh yeah, I guess I should be! Screw you Techies

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Interesting thing on the news tonight that I thought would be appropriate in here.

In Green Bay, there's a group of people trying to get the record for the largest man-made igloo or something. And the current record holders are a group of engineers and geologists in Canada.

I bet all you in Houghton could probably build a decent one. That'd be cool. Or not. Whatever.
    If it's a Canadian group holding the record, shouldn't you be rooting against any non-Canadian who tries to break it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X