Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For More?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yager
    replied
    Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For More?

Originally posted by crazytechfan View Post
    Bring some back for me, please.
    You didn't go to the GLI so NO DRUGS FOR YOU. (on a side note, the Soup Nazi episode is on).

Leave a comment:

• Huskiefan906
    replied
    Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For More?

This is the worst Michigan team in a decade.

The fact that Tech did not get killed should not make us happy. There are no moral victories. Just another loss.

I hear what you are saying, but you cannot be satisfied with a good effort in the consolation game. There should have been good effort last night. Most years that is all we get at the GLI - A good second game after a loss.
    It is an utter embarassment that they have not won their own tournament since 1981. I think it is time for Tech to begin thinking about relinquishing their hosting of this tournament. They could still occasionally participate as an invitee only if there record dictates an invite. They cannot compete with Minnesota or Wisconsin so why should we think they can compete regularly with UM and MSU. Why schedule the yearly defeats.

I think it is time the MTU administration sits down and reviews all aspects of this program. You can't blame all the years since 1981 on this coaching staff, but you can certainly blame the administration. We definitely have a huge problem with the hockey program. It needs to be addressed and actions put in place to improve.

I love Tech hockey having followed it since I was a kid. Here's hoping the powers that be listen and do something about it.

Dropping the GLI beatings until the team actually improves would at least spare us alumni from being so disappointed every year.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For Mor

Team was a completely different team tonight. Played hard, came back, didn't quit. I'd say those who contend he has lost the team are wrong.

Still some serious issues but it was respectable hockey against a good Michigan team. In fact I'd say from a talent point of view Michigan has it over all the other teams at GLI this year.

I think Russell should stay because the way for Tech to be significantly better is for us to have a long time coach with long time connections, and extra money for recruiting. Switching coaches every 5 years will guarantee the basement each and every year. Russell fills the bill better than anyone else, unless we are willing to wait another 5 or 6 years, with absolutely no guarantee it will be any better.
    I like his recent recruits and I like him. He knows Hockey well and his system is fine.

I like how the university has begun to address the things that Russell said needed to be fixed, this has got to make a difference long term especially. I really hope they add staff because we must work harder and spend more in recruiting in order to get the same result that other teams get by virtue of their location.
    Sure there are things wrong, but in the big picture I say we stay with him. Yesterday was bad but it's only one game.

Leave a comment:

• JOHN SCOTT ROCKS
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I don't know what is worse for JR, the fact that he seems to have lost his team or the fact that the results have made some of us question whether he's lost us
    Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew

Leave a comment:

• Boosh
    replied
    Re: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part IV: You Guys Give Up, Or Are You Thirsty For Mor

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
    some of them are actually attractive which is also a nice change of pace for Tech.
    Okay, the only reason I'm going to let this go is because you live in Merrill. Seriously, no offense to the girls on the team, but its Christmas break, and there are girls everywhere a million times more attractive than anyone at Tech all over the place in the real world

Leave a comment:

Working...
X