Arizona State Moving To D1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

Those jerseys they are going to wear are sharp!
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

ASU up 4-1 vs UofA in the D1 opener at 1st intermission

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        Here's the link to the free stream for the ASU-Arizona game at Gila River Arena: http://pac-12.com/live/arizona-state-university
        Looks good.
        Fork the wildcats
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          But Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln already hosts the Cornhuskers' squeakball teams. So exclusivity can't be the criterion.

Powers &8^]
          Just to reiterate. When the City of Lincoln and the Huskers built and finished Pinnacle Bank Arena 3 years ago, all the plumbing necessary to make ice were added to the building. This was a last minute addition before the floor was poured. The only thing missing is the above the ground ice making/refrigeration equipment.

The University of Nebraska is currently building the Breslow Ice Center right next door to Pinnacle Bank Arena. This is a 700 seat facility. Since Pinnacle Bank Arena is a multipurpose facility that hosts all sorts of events besides Husker Basketball like concerts and other events (Note: The Husker Volleyball team does NOT play at Pinnacle Bank Arena. The Devaney Center was converted to a volleyball only faculty at the same time Pinnacle Bank Arena was being built and they play there) it woukd not be avilabe for hockey purposes as often as needed. This would be particularly true if the Huskers added both a men's and women's program (potentially being forced to do so because of Title IX issues). The Breslow Ice Center is a single rink facility but is being built so that it might be expanded.

Presumably, any incipient men's or women's Husker hockey program would play in Pinnacle Bank Center and practice in the Breslow Center, as necessary,if PBA is in use for some other purpose that would not allow practice to take place there.

Right now, the school's only announced plans for the facility is that the school's club hockey team, which has not even played their games in Lincoln for a decade, will be playing at Breslow.
          Last edited by Red Cows; 10-03-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Arizona's goalie is really bad. It also doesn't help ASU can skate through whoever they want.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Arizona's goalie is really bad. It also doesn't help ASU can skate through whoever they want.
              I was just thinking the same thing. A good USHL team could beat Arizona. ASU has 7 goals, 5 by freshman as I write this.

Comment

Speculation by ASU's announcers about their NCAA tourney chances has me rolling on the floor laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                  Speculation by ASU's announcers about their NCAA tourney chances has me rolling on the floor laughing.
                  Same guys who announced the club team games, might be current students actually. So I wouldn't put the unrealistic optimism against them.

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing. A good USHL team could beat Arizona. ASU has 7 goals, 5 by freshman as I write this.
                    perspective- bad NAHL team beats U of A

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevilBob View Post
                      Same guys who announced the club team games, might be current students actually. So I wouldn't put the unrealistic optimism against them.
                      Since ASU is going to be here on 12-19 and 12-20, it will be interesting to see what they look like then versus now.

I do get the idea they have seen little to no NCAA hockey, previously. They had a hard time determining who the ranked teams they play are on ASU's schedule this season. One of them referred to UNO as "uno", as in the card game. That was a laugher, too. I do get the student vibe, listening to them.

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevilBob View Post
                        When I heard them mention the NCAA tournament, they said it was a total longshot, just that it was technically possible based on their NCAA D-I schedule. They were going through the different types of teams they'd be playing - ACHA, CIS, NCAA D-III, NCAA D-I. They noted that it was the NCAA D-I games that would determine their ranking. Considering they were heavily implying that ASU would have a tough time against teams that even received votes in the preseason polls, I wouldn't say they were laughably speculating about NCAA tournament hopes.

Comment

Are they even eligible for the NCAA tournament without a conference?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            I would think so - they just need to win a strong enough schedule to be top 10 in pairwise. Possible, I think, probably, hell no.
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              By rule? Yes. Nothing forbids independent teams from qualifying.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                By rule? Yes. Nothing forbids independent teams from qualifying.
                                As Merrimack did in 1988.

Sean
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X