Arizona State Moving To D1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
    Note: My comments here are directed at the College Hockey News article link.

When the 100 million or so that will be required to build a state-of-the-art facility that will be required at a school the size of ASU, something they can actually recruit to, is actually forthcoming, THEN I will be impressed.

Playing in a giant arena you don't own is a non-starter.
    Yeah. What kind of dog-crap program would play in an arena that's too big for them that they don't own?
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Re: Arizona State Moving To D1

Originally posted by slowe View Post
      That tweet says "BIG games coming in 2016-17." I doubt it's meant to be a hint at B1G games. Maybe one or two Big Ten opponents. But not a hint of a league choice. Arizona has stated they will play an independent schedule in 2016-17 and join a league in 2017-18. They could've chosen to accelerate that, but I doubt it.
      Most likely, plus if they were hinting at this would have heard where they were going from a reporter with sources. We've heard nothing of the like so at this point who knows.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Then why make the comment "we can't say much right now"?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Then why make the comment "we can't say much right now"?
          Because it was all about the arena announcement and not the conference. ha.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Just got another commitment from a USHL player.

Jakob Romo F Dubuque Fighting Saints has committed to the Sun Devils

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
              Just got another commitment from a USHL player.

Jakob Romo F Dubuque Fighting Saints has committed to the Sun Devils
              Also a Graduate transfer from Notre Dame in Garrett Peterson. Eligible immediately with one year left.

Comment

ASU will be joining the Big 10. Expect an announcement soon. They've already begun notifying their recruits.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23 View Post
                  ASU will be joining the Big 10. Expect an announcement soon. They've already begun notifying their recruits.....
                  and you know this how?
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    and you know this how?
                    What other conference is trying to corner the market on terrible hockey teams playing for huge Universities?
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      What other conference is trying to corner the market on terrible hockey teams playing for huge Universities?
                      Can't argue with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Why is it when I read this, I want a Budweiser?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          It's not Minnesota's fault the Badgers suck so much. it's Barry's fault.
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Everything is Barry's fault. That fat, egotistical *****.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23 View Post
                              right ... believe it when I see it.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Everything is Barry's fault. That fat, egotistical *****.
                                My favorite Barry video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWhz2wcHv9Y
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X