X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    I also saw that "attendance" for tonight was 13,699. There were NOWHERE near that many people in the seats based on the live stream.
    I assume you're basing your estimate on the third period, because there were definitely over 13K actual bodies in (or in front of) seats at that game. If I'm estimating high, then it was still definitely SOMEWHERE near that.

Of course, it wasn't the same electric crowd as the previous night (again, I don't think there was much of a disparity between the paid and actual attendance for that one), but that's what happens during games like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
      The next thread needs to be: Wisconsin Hockey: No Where To Go But Up!
      Originally posted by XYZ View Post
      Which is indeed the entire basis for climbing mountains.
      How about another phrase: "They shoot horses, don't they?"

Comment

Pretty sorry game last night and a pretty miserable year.
        I stayed to the bitter end as usual and noticed that the Badger team
        left the ice immediately after the post game ritual hand shake w/o going to
        center ice for the usual fan salute. Is that the first time this year
        that they didn't do the center-ice circle fan salute?
        Maybe they're so embarrassed that they couldn't see doing that.
        WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

I've seen good teams blow up like that and it's ugly. When a bad team blows up, not surprisingly, it's even uglier. Ian Perrin made the comment post game that he thought Badger players have been unable to forget the past and move on. Something that's essential for a team that's losing. Seems like it's accurate to me as you usually only see performances like that from a team that is too sure it's going to win, or one too sure it's going to lose. Two minutes in and it seems like the mountain already looked way too big to climb to the boys.

I suspect if NCAA rules allowed the coaching staff would have held a post-game skating session last night.

Question: We've seen Tech, BU, and Michigan (and I guess you could throw in the tanking rodents) all skate at the KC. Who do you guys think is the best team of those?

Edit: Almost forgot the Whioux, because it seems ages ago in this long season.
          Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 01-25-2015, 09:57 AM.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            I assume you're basing your estimate on the third period, because there were definitely over 13K actual bodies in (or in front of) seats at that game. If I'm estimating high, then it was still definitely SOMEWHERE near that.

Of course, it wasn't the same electric crowd as the previous night (again, I don't think there was much of a disparity between the paid and actual attendance for that one), but that's what happens during games like this one.
            No way there was 13k in actual attendees. Closer to 10k. Easily 5,000 missing from sellout. The student section was only half / 3/4 full in 216.

Doesn't matter anyway as they saw another carpet crapper, which is all too common this year.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              I've seen good teams blow up like that and it's ugly. When a bad team blows up, not surprisingly, it's even uglier. Ian Perrin made the comment post game that he thought Badger players have been unable to forget the past and move on. Something that's essential for a team that's losing. Seems like it's accurate to me as you usually only see performances like that from a team that is too sure it's going to win, or one too sure it's going to lose. Two minutes in and it seems like the mountain already looked way too big to climb to the boys.

I suspect if NCAA rules allowed the coaching staff would have held a post-game skating session last night.

Question: We've seen Tech, BU, and Michigan (and I guess you could throw in the tanking rodents) all skate at the KC. Who do you guys think is the best team of those?

Edit: Almost forgot the Whioux, because it seems ages ago in this long season.
              It's hard to judge between BU, UND, MTU and Michigan, especially playing against a Badger team that flat out quit in the second game against Michigan and was outscored 12-1 in the last five periods.

From a Michigan fan's point of view, North Dakota looks to be the best balanced team. U-M lost to BU in Boston, close game, I'd say they are 2nd. Lost two blowouts to MTU in Houghton and survived a 1 goal win at the GLI. MTU has a better defensive system and goaltending, but only has scoring in their top two lines- but I'd give them the edge especially if Michigan's offense dries up and they get frustrated. But, this is a different Michigan team playing now with confidence. If they get any kind of decent goaltending, they can compete with any of those teams.

Comment

Working...
              X