Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
    Good news for fans in the Green Bay/Fox Valley;

http://fox11online.com/2015/01/19/cw...-hockey-games/
    Excellent!
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      agreed fine, where's the punishment for the guy that punched the ref....
      Does anyone have video of this? It was cut out of the BTN replay online when I checked. I was at the game, but at the opposite corner of the rink.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        Does anyone have video of this? It was cut out of the BTN replay online when I checked. I was at the game, but at the opposite corner of the rink.
        Check out the TMQ column. Video posted in there.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          Check out the TMQ column. Video posted in there.
          That's the video of the Wittchow hit/ensuing fight. The Ambroz ref punch came a few minutes prior to that.

Comment

I didn't see it.

Can I assume that he was swinging at something/someone else and accidentally hit the ref?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              I didn't see it.

Can I assume that he was swinging at something/someone else and accidentally hit the ref?
              yes, linesman had broke up the scuffle he came back swinging and clocked the linesman
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

For this Saturday's game, is the Wisconsin Channel local TV, or available on DirecTV? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by alnike View Post
                  For this Saturday's game, is the Wisconsin Channel local TV, or available on DirecTV? Thanks.
                  That is a Wis Public Television sub channel, so should be available with antenna. As for DirecTV, I can't say as I have TWC. (Which does carry it in GB)
                  St. Norbert College Green Knights
                  NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                  NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                  NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                  ---
                  SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Haven't been to Kohl Center since I was in school 10+ years ago during the college hockey showcase over a Thanksgiving break so I feel I didn't get the real experience. Not sure how it will be this year with ya'll having an awful start to the season.

Question, which side of the arena does Wisconsin shoot at twice? (A section # or away/towards student section would help). I just don't want to have to watch my team's lack of defense directly in front of me more than necessary. Thanks.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      I'm looking forward to this weekend. Haven't been to Kohl Center since I was in school 10+ years ago during the college hockey showcase over a Thanksgiving break so I feel I didn't get the real experience. Not sure how it will be this year with ya'll having an awful start to the season.

Question, which side of the arena does Wisconsin shoot at twice? (A section # or away/towards student section would help). I just don't want to have to watch my team's lack of defense directly in front of me more than necessary. Thanks.
                      Towards the student section, sections 114/115/116 IIRC. The visiting teams seats are in section 121. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                        Towards the student section, sections 114/115/116 IIRC. The visiting teams seats are in section 121. Hope this helps.
                        Thanks.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                          http://wpt.org/watch/watch-wisconsin-channel-online

Here is the link:

http://wpt.org/watch/watch-wisconsin-channel-online

Comment

I've found the BTN2Go.com stream is usually a higher quality than the Wisconsin channel website, even though it's the exact same thing. Not sure why. The BTN2GO feed is usually 30-45 seconds behind though. I tend to choose the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

We should have a good crowd at least on Saturday. This will be just the second weekend this season for which the student section will be at full strength, and there appear to be good ticket sales for Saturday. (Regarding the students, Ferris State was Thanksgiving weekend, Penn State weekend lacked a band (though the students more than picked up the slack on Friday) and there was the B1G football championship, and MTU and BU were during winter break.)

As far as the Wolverines' lack of defense is concerned, their high-powered offense should make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                We should have a good crowd at least on Saturday.
                                It will be a great crowd, I'll be there. Anyway, the boys and I are planning to eat supper on State St. in between the women's and men's games, any recommendations? Chinese/Viet would be the first choice, or a great burger place. Our standard for burgers is 5 Guys (I know it's a chain, but the burgers and fries are the best Jerry, the best!).
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X