X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    That unfortunately wasn't very surprising. The Badgers definitely were making things easier for BU than they did last night while on defense.

Did anyone see a replay of Besse getting drilled in the head? We were all pretty sure that that is what happened along the boards to the right of the UW bench (when facing the bench side).
    I thought they should have called it based on the fact that I've seen that play called as contact to the head every time. It was a typical taller player nailing a shorter player type thing. Glad Besse was able to shake it off and get back in the game. I thought he played pretty well tonight, great with the puck, but still has to get better without it. The Canadian line is really coming on as well. Zully on a 7 game point streak and Soleway had perhaps his best weekend as a Badger. Team showed some moxie on the weekend and put up a fight. For the first 30 minutes or so they looked pretty good. Got the puck deep, got good shots, didn't give up a lot....but make a couple of mistakes and Eichel showed immediately why everyone's so high on him. BU is going to be a very tough out in the tournament. Good for this team to play these tough teams even though losing sucks ***.

On to the Goofs. Somebody has to win next week. Why not us?
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      That unfortunately wasn't very surprising. The Badgers definitely were making things easier for BU than they did last night while on defense.

Did anyone see a replay of Besse getting drilled in the head? We were all pretty sure that that is what happened along the boards to the right of the UW bench (when facing the bench side).
      Was a penalty. The fact that an elbow was called on us immediately after made me almost lose it. Leads to a goal and an onslaught. Crap game. How clueless refs like that keep their job blows my mind. Unacceptable. And I know I harp on officiating all the time but come on. Horse crap.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
        Was a penalty. The fact that an elbow was called on us immediately after made me almost lose it. Leads to a goal and an onslaught. Crap game. How clueless refs like that keep their job blows my mind. Unacceptable. And I know I harp on officiating all the time but come on. Horse crap.
        Hahahahahahahahhahaahahahhahahahajahahahahaahahhah aahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahHahhahahahaha hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahgagagagag agahahahha *sigh* hahahahahahahhahahahahHahHhHHhhahhahhahahahahahaha hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahah ahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahah ahhahahahahaha
        Boston University 2014
        It's all part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          If the team plays with the energy of Friday and the first period Saturday, that missed penalty call doesn't matter. The score indicates what I saw on the ice. It wasn't the refs.....
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            It was curious considering how tight they called hooking/slashing for most of the series and I do remember thinking at the time that it was a big turnaround. At the time BU was finally in the midst of a stretch of wearing down our guys by possessing the puck in our end so that by the time we'd get it out we had to change up and face another rush. Right call there put us on the pp and maybe changes the mojo back to us a little, but I really think Eichel was not going to be denied, and it's likely just a matter of time before he gets to anybody. I have a greater appreciation for how we played Friday after last night. I thought they blew an obvious CFB/Boarding call on Friday when Soleway got knocked into the boards headfirst too. Ke sera sera...

Interesting that it appears very likely that if the Badgers were somehow to get on enough of a roll to win the B1G regular season they would probably be out of the tourney, although not quite mathematically eliminated yet I don't think. And auto bids would probably put the goofs out of it today. If you could RPI just the last 11, Badgers and gofers would be pretty similar, with the 2 second miracle probably keeping Bucky from coming out ahead. Have to build on the good things we did this weekend and eliminate more mistakes. From where we were two weeks ago, wondering if these guys can ever win a game, I think that if they continue moving forward, these guys can still win some games and have a chance to get in the mix at the end.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              It was curious considering how tight they called hooking/slashing for most of the series and I do remember thinking at the time that it was a big turnaround. At the time BU was finally in the midst of a stretch of wearing down our guys by possessing the puck in our end so that by the time we'd get it out we had to change up and face another rush. Right call there put us on the pp and maybe changes the mojo back to us a little, but I really think Eichel was not going to be denied, and it's likely just a matter of time before he gets to anybody. I have a greater appreciation for how we played Friday after last night. I thought they blew an obvious CFB/Boarding call on Friday when Soleway got knocked into the boards headfirst too. Ke sera sera...

Interesting that it appears very likely that if the Badgers were somehow to get on enough of a roll to win the B1G regular season they would probably be out of the tourney, although not quite mathematically eliminated yet I don't think. And auto bids would probably put the goofs out of it today. If you could RPI just the last 11, Badgers and gofers would be pretty similar, with the 2 second miracle probably keeping Bucky from coming out ahead. Have to build on the good things we did this weekend and eliminate more mistakes. From where we were two weeks ago, wondering if these guys can ever win a game, I think that if they continue moving forward, these guys can still win some games and have a chance to get in the mix at the end.
              If getting in the mix means something other than a sixth place Big Ten finish, then maybe. Anything else is pure delusion. Realistically they might be able to fight it out with Sparty for the bottom two spots. That's what getting in the mix means for the Badgers this year.

Comment

I have a sick feeling the goofs will find playing Wisconsin will be just the medicine they need.... we will see.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  I have a sick feeling the goofs will find playing Wisconsin will be just the medicine they need.... we will see.
                  Maybe, but a win or two would sure taste good for the Badgers. It's always a double benefit when you beat the gophs.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    I agree. Time for the Badgers to Kevorkian the gofers and put them out of their misery.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

"This was a dress rehearsal for playing well on Saturday night after a tough Friday night game, and the reviews weren't very good," Wisconsin head coach Mike Eaves said. "So, we're not quite ready for prime time."

seriously? HOW CAN YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?

If you're not effing ready for prime time (assuming and presuming you mean playing as hard as you can for 120 minutes every weekend) by the 2nd or 3rd week of the season you can forget it...Never mind being 3+ months into the season and not being ready...
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        "This was a dress rehearsal for playing well on Saturday night after a tough Friday night game, and the reviews weren't very good," Wisconsin head coach Mike Eaves said. "So, we're not quite ready for prime time."

seriously? HOW CAN YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?

If you're not effing ready for prime time (assuming and presuming you mean playing as hard as you can for 120 minutes every weekend) by the 2nd or 3rd week of the season you can forget it...Never mind being 3+ months into the season and not being ready...
                        Out of curiosity, since you've ripped every quote I've used from Eaves on my blog the past few weeks, what could he have said that wouldn't make you freak out?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Out of curiosity, since you've ripped every quote I've used from Eaves on my blog the past few weeks, what could he have said that wouldn't make you freak out?
                          In before Bonin with "I quit."

In before solo with "The players suck, the assistants suck, I suck, and we are never going to win another game at Wisconsin because I have single handedly destroyed the program. Now I have ten minutes for questions before go I hang myself. "

Seriously though, anyone that thinks that the Badgers lost this weekend because they didn't play hard is missing quite a lot.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            You have a blog?

Comment

Maybe the calling an actual game a "dress rehearsal" part?

I know we're not a very good team but geez, you can't say that.
                              Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                              Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                              sigpic
                              Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                              1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Your just a victim of Mike "Analogy" Eaves. The guy could have said, "we hoped to carry over our good play from yesterday, but we didn't. We'll crack the lads in practice and in the filmroom so we can try and hammer the our biggest rival, rodents". I like fishing, I was hoping for another fishing analogy. Yesterday was more like the last scene in Jaws except the shot at the tank in the shark's mouth missed and Brody joined Quint in the belly of the beast. Did we really think they could beat and tie BU anyway?

You also know Solo has on a bit of a negative aura right now, as do quite a few faithful as we all know.

Bring on the rodents. Nothing would please me more than embarrsing them by beating them.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X