X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Freshmen scoring.....during Eaves' tenure, freshmen have scored 903 total points, same time frame for tDon's rodents, 1142 pts. I can post a scoring chart for every Eaves' recruiting class if anyone is interested.
    If Badger freshman score 82.6% as much as gofer freshman, the question then is how many points in total for Badgers vs. Rodents?

Also I'd be interested in seeing a chart. What else have we got to do for the next few weeks?
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
      On the surface, having a large quantity of frosh with massive playing time/pp roles available might lead you to think UW's frosh are not that good given their opportunity. On the other hand, having little or no upper class help to complement (or simply take the pressure off them) may explain why they are one of the worst scoring teams in the country. If you are a frosh and are playing on the "top line", you are going to go against one of the other teams top d pairings. If you are on the top PP unit, again you will face the other teams top dmen and top defensive forwards.
      This certainly makes sense to me.

Just by reading some posts here and questioning my own ideas (and having them questioned) about how things work I've definitely learned a few things in the last week or two. So thanks guys. A number of things I hadn't even considered... like this on how match-ups might play into the equation of how less experienced teams might produce.
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

1-10-1

Chart that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          1-10-1

Chart that.

From what I can tell, the Badgers seem to have had an upswing right around the time they played Ferris State.
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

From what I can tell, the Badgers seem to have had an upswing right around the time they played Ferris State.

You are a beautiful soul.

Comment

1-10-1

Chart that.
              I gave it a go. I chose a pie chart so you can see the number of wins, losses, and ties as a portion of the total games, like a graphical win percentage. (Edit: Apparently I can't embed images.)

http://i.imgur.com/c2JPBGM.png

Comment

Here ya go!

How about you guys take it to another level with some weighting. Surely some losses are worse than others?

In addition, the tie to St. Norberts, while not an official game, still helps to tell the story of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  I gave it a go. I chose a pie chart so you can see the number of wins, losses, and ties as a portion of the total games, like a graphical win percentage. (Edit: Apparently I can't embed images.)

http://i.imgur.com/c2JPBGM.png

Maybe if you change "Losses" to "other" and set the default color for that category to white you'd have something. Like a piece of pie that's half wins and half ties. And ties are worth more then just grey! Sheesh!

No offense, but this is a terrible chart. blech. This is not how you recruit.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

The best way to minimize losses on a chart is to use large segments and a wide overall value range. This will squish the win/loss line down to almost a straight line.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Here ya go!

How about you guys take it to another level with some weighting. Surely some losses are worse than others?

In addition, the tie to St. Norberts, while not an official game, still helps to tell the story of the season.
                      The tie is not a loss, so I'd redo the chart and list "losses" and "non-losses."
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I did it artistically, with a heavy emphasis on the pencil tool in MS Paint. Keep in mind that this is only the last 2 months or so of Wisconsin men's hockey fandom. It doesn't take into account the university as a whole (good), the city and its surrounding area (good), Wisconsin women's hockey (good), other sports (generally good), the weather outside (TERRIBLE AND DEPRESSING! I liked the snow football game, but I wish we could switch the mid-November weather with the current weather! I wanted to skate at Vilas at least ONCE before heading back east, but nooOOOOoooo, we get weather more typical in the southern US! This is not what I signed up for when I decided to go north for college! I'm sorry, what were we talking about?).

Comment

UW hockey's win-loss chart gets me feeling a little emotional, as it evokes memories of the Dakota prairie. With one grain elevator.

Comment

Maybe two to three years from now we can laugh at this when title # 7 finally comes to Madison.
                            Just saying.
                            UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

I think Barry has a message for us.
                              Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                              Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                              sigpic
                              Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                              1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                                I think Barry has a message for us.
                                Uh huh huh huh. Fire Eaves. Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X