X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    Was there more in that section of the NCAA rulebook? The NHL rules are more clear, though they might not be the exact same. It's more obvious when being in the crease does and does not matter.
    Not that I can tell. And refs may be aware of NHL interpretations, but it shouldn't come into play here at all. I don't care about the goal, I just am curious as to what's right.

I think most watching the replay would say that what occurred isn't fair, and the goal should be washed out. But because of the way it's written, the rule is ambiguous as to how it actually applies in this case. The thing that surprises me then, is why if it's unclear, they wouldn't wash it out here, as that would seem the fairest outcome. There must have been some reasoning to it, but I have no idea what it was.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• If Eaves had any dignity left he would resign and save the UW the trouble.
      Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky! View Post
        If Eaves had any dignity left he would resign and save the UW the trouble.
        If he does get fired, won't he "resign?" From what I heard, that was essentially the deal with Pete Waite.

Comment

the funny thing to me is at 1-9-1 why is it even a question as to whether the coach should go?

badbye coach Eaves, hello coach Granato...please field winning teams with opportunities to win the NCAA's mmmmmmmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkkkkkk?

EDIT: Imagine how much fun it must be to be gopher or sioux fan right now and the schadenfreude they're experiencing...that is, for those who even remember UW Hockey USED TO BE great. so those who were cognizant of it 1993 and prior
          Last edited by solovsfett; 12-06-2014, 03:20 PM.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Imagine how much fun it must be to be gopher or sioux fan right now
            You were doing alright until you said this. No offense, but this part just makes you sound crazy.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Tonight's game will probably be the most important of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                EDIT: Imagine how much fun it must be to be gopher or sioux fan right now and the schadenfreude they're experiencing...that is, for those who even remember UW Hockey USED TO BE great. so those who were cognizant of it 1993 and prior
                Not this fan. UW and UND share too much great history between two powerhouses for the Badgers' current situation to be anything but sad. It diminishes their history for those who are not old enough to have experienced it. A history that was full of hard-fought battles for high stakes and a lot of fun for their fans. Win or lose, I can honestly say.

Now, if the Badgers were their old selves and got swept by a low seed, then it's fun. But this, no.

So get your head out of your azz, Bucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  That's perhaps a little bit cliche' for a writer, but it's as accurate as anyone can be, I guess. I honestly don't think there's much the staff can do after last night's performance. When the boys hit the ice tonight they're either proud to wear the Cardinal and White and everything that entails, or they're not.

Win or lose, that much is going to be simple enough to find out.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    That's perhaps a little bit cliche' for a writer, but it's as accurate as anyone can be, I guess. I honestly don't think there's much the staff can do after last night's performance. When the boys hit the ice tonight they're either proud to wear the Cardinal and White and everything that entails, or they're not.

Win or lose, that much is going to be simple enough to find out.
                    I was referring to Boeser's visit.

Comment

Because?
                      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Well, of course. So was I. That's what that "proud to wear the Cardinal and White" stuff was about. Pay attention.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Give some props to PSU, they played fast and attacked the net from every angle. Rumpel looked like a Whirling Dervish making saves. Where the hell was the defense, they move the puck well but are physically weak around the net.

Every time PSU had the puck they were on fast forward, while we looked like we were playing in a Sunday night no check league. We will find out if Eaves can light a fire under them tonight.

I’m embarrassed for my beloved Badgers.

Comment

If he had never been to campus before and was oblivious to how things have been going there, I could see hanging your hat on one night. But he is obviously quite aware of all that is going on. Seems like expecting one game to be super convincing is wishful thinking.
                            University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              You were doing alright until you said this. No offense, but this part just makes you sound crazy.
                              really?

If the gophs had a 1-9-1 record right now trust me I'd be happy. Ditto for the sioux. I don't see why certain segments of their fanbases wouldn't be feeling the same thing about UW right now.
                              ...Although the preference would be for all 3 teams to be great concurrently so the contests between the triumvirate of hate were meaningful/intense etc.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I forgot to mention this earlier: 3 years ago, the men's basketball game against Marquette was on the same day as the Big Ten football championship. There was no band of any kind on that day either.

Comment

Working...
                                X