Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Positives: Crease Creatures; Rumpel.

Negatives: Everything else.
    Besse seemed to be making an impact.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      Besse seemed to be making an impact.
      Yes, but sadly, the game started an hour before that.

Starting flat happens, but I just don't think I've seen so many guys look like they didn't know what to do, or where to go, for so long. Also, we got manhandled behind our own net. Eddie would have helped a lot, but he wouldn't have played 60 minutes. Got to find a way to take the puck back from these bigger and stronger guys down there.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

The student section was incredible and there's a bunch of them this season - many, many more than recent seasons.

Too bad the on ice product isn't rewarding their presence.

Where Eaves (and a complacent AD) has allowed this program to fall to is pretty much unforgivable.

With 5 minutes to go in the 2nd, I looked up and we had 8 shots on net and at least 4 of those were right into the goalie's crest and the other 4 were probably from 40 feet with no traffic.

It's one thing to be young. It's another to play like you don't give a crap.

Zero compete tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innova View Post
          It was very obvious on the replay....I can post it later.

The only thing I can think of is that they ruled it didn't impact the play....he had time to recover.
          Here it is: http://youtu.be/YgwfQ9AfKLc

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Positives: Crease Creatures; Rumpel.

Negatives: Everything else.
            Pretty much it. I'd emphasize the complete lack of organized offense beyond our own blue line (it's either about as structured as pee wees out there or these guys need to recall what a pass looks like) and holy smokes do we even have a band anymore?
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

That was one of the worst games I have seen the badgers play in a long time. Embarrassing. Then to hear Eaves in his post game conversation with Posick that they got down 0-2 but it was an even game from there. I wanted to punch the radio driving home. There was nothing even about that game.

Other than Rumpel that game is 8-2.

I won't say much more as I can't say anything positive about that disgrace of an effort.
              Last edited by WiscTJK; 12-06-2014, 06:56 AM.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                I won't say much more as I can't say anything positive about that disgrace of an effort.
                Agree 100%.

Where was the band? It's like the entire university doesn't give a $ h i t anymore. Cudos to the great student section, they were really the only bright spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                  Here it is
                  Wow, I didn't notice that either. Pretty obvious interference to me.

Comment

Well, that WAS worth the $18 fee Charter charged me for adding that package in between billings. NOT. The first period was horrible, just horrible. The 2nd and 3rd were more even, but that is soley based on UW being able to get out of the zone (I guess you have to start somewhere). Both goalswere longer range shots, they really didn't get many quality chances.

Random deep thoughts, not by Jack Handy:

Davison's goal was a beauty. Just a perfect shot.

How the refs didn't wave that goal off is just crazy. I'd love to hear thier explantion.

I thought Blake did a good job on his color for his first broadcast, pretty smooth, I only recall one stumbly instance.

Dougherty had some bad sequences.

So who attempted to play in place of Rockwood?

The D play weak (I know we're missing steady Eddie). If McCabe had stayed, he'd play every other shift.

This was the first game I have seen since last year, it was really a shock to the system.

This is alot easier to shallow since I have become a loyal UW women's fan. If they ever take a ****, then I'm giving up hockey.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                      Thanks Innova. Here's the relevant angle, it doesn't matter, but I'm still really curious as to how the call was made, if anybody cares to enlighten me.

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

You all probably know this, but Charter 194 for anyone brave enough to watch tonight.

I thought, like the Badgers, Blake started a shaky, but unlike the Badgers, he got stronger as the game went along and did a pretty fine job by the end. Much like his career with Bucky.

I don't mind losing so much last night as having watched a little of PSU this year, I felt a split would be a decent out come on the weekend. (PSU is going to win a good number of games this year with everybody back.) But man, it is frustrating to see so much double clutching on top of just so many outright bad plays and mental mistakes. I'd say at least half the roster played their worst games of the year when we expected them to play some of their best to date. Hard to figure...

As much as it pains me to say it, I think ultimately there can be only one person to blame--> John Buccigross.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

As far as the non-waved off goal goes, does it matter if it is intentional on the part of the Penn St. player, he doesn't appear to make any attempt to make contact with Rumpel's stick (it's just hanging out too far). And from that top view, the defender is right there anyway, so he probably couldn't have avoided the goalie's stick if he had tried. So, does intent normally come into play for goalie interference?

Comment

Band members are all in Indy.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS
                            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                              Band members are all in Indy.

Figured as much, but there have been instances in the past when the band is gone (bowl game) or it's over break where an alumni band will sit in. Sometimes it would be like 5-10 total people, but it would work.

Was disappointed that this didn't happen last night.

Have to say, it's gonna be a pretty tough sell to get me to lay down cash for that again this season. $125 is $125 and there are a bazillion things that want my money.

Kid just broke another nxg at practice last night, for instance.

-sigh-

Fire Eaves.

Just do it.

This is his fault and even if it can be argued that it isn't, the program needs a new direction... a breath of fresh air.

Couldn't have been more than 4k non students there last night.

Comment

jesus...1-9-1 eh? and the effort sucked? they looked terrible? I mean really, how does Eaves retain his job after this?
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X