This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Not trolling here at all. What exactly is the problem with this year's team? Just came across pair wise and records. Not used to seeing the Badgers this far down the pole, so to speak .
    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
      Not trolling here at all. What exactly is the problem with this year's team? Just came across pair wise and records. Not used to seeing the Badgers this far down the pole, so to speak .
      Combine a bunch of bad bounces with consistently bad officiating and pretty soon you're 57 deep in the Pairwise.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
        It was the ice. The ice was too soft.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Eaves plan all along is to win the Big 10 tourney again. Why even waste time talking about PWR? Just need 3 wins at the right time. No reason for hay in the barn this year.
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            I think I did start it, but everyone else was all over it. We wanted to do it last year.
            And the year before!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
              They kind of had to use canned music this weekend because there were about 8 band members actually at the game.
              No ****, my friend. I was actually ****ed off that there was barely a band there. At least Lekrone was there both nights. I think I counted about 30 members on Friday night; maybe 20 on Saturday night. What was the problem on Saturday night? Did the 300+ members perform too far from the Kohl Center for more than a handful to get there? Did they work so hard they were exhausted? I lost a ton of respect for the band.

It reminded me of a time many years ago when the Badgers had a couple soft years at the Coliseum. As the Badgers matured and improved, surprisingly , the band grew in numbers. I'm sure there will be a solid 100+ in the stands Wednesday night.

RE: the game, you can tell these guys are trying very hard. I didn't see any loafing. As another poster mentioned, the frosh are small but pretty quick. This IS the smallest team that I can remember; maybe recruiting is shifting to more faster forwards...........nah.
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-02-2014, 08:19 PM.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                I'm sure there will be a solid 100+ in the stands Wednesday night.

Let's hope so. That's an important game.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  No ****, my friend. I was actually ****ed off that there was barely a band there. At least Lekrone was there both nights. I think I counted about 30 members on Friday night; maybe 20 on Saturday night. What was the problem on Saturday night? Did the 300+ members perform too far from the Kohl Center for more than a handful to get there? Did they work so hard they were exhausted? I lost a ton of respect for the band.
                  I was shocked by how few made it to the game, considering they all had to be back in Madison on Saturday, and considering how many band members love the hockey stuff. I guess they just didn't want to do a hockey game after a football game, though there were definitely more the last time that happened (albeit not on Thanksgiving weekend, but they're all back).

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Let's hope so. That's an important game.
                    Yeah, but Badger fandom being what it is, there'd be 100+ band members in the stands to see Bo's boys take on Nicholls State, and 17,000+ overall.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Yeah, but Badger fandom being what it is, there'd be 100+ band members in the stands to see Bo's boys take on Nicholls State, and 17,000+ overall.

That's hardly unique to Badger fandom.

For the millionth time...

Hockey = Niche Sport

Love the continued butt-hurt though.

Comment

They make cream for that you know.
                        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                        Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                        Originally posted by UWisco
                        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

I hate to say it, but it's almost Jan-like the way some bemoan the basketball and football programs and their stature within the sports hierarchy.

Comment

This might be a weekend that is hit hard in the attendance category. Friday's have been limit as we know and the B1G championship game is at the same time as hockey on Saturday.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS
                            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

That's hardly unique to Badger fandom.

For the millionth time...

Hockey = Niche Sport

How is it butt-hurt? Am I wrong in pointing out that the basketball program has that level of support?

Butt-hurt/Jan Brady would be if I were to say that 9/10 of those people wouldn't bat an eye if Barry axed the hockey program. Which I only sort of believe to be true, and even then in more of a rhetorical way.
                              Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 12-03-2014, 12:53 PM.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                How is it butt-hurt? Am I wrong in pointing out that the basketball program has that level of support?

Butt-hurt/Jan Brady would be if I were to say that 9/10 of those people wouldn't bat an eye if Barry axed the hockey program. Which I only sort of believe to be true, and even then in more of a rhetorical way.

If you meant your comment in a general sense, my apologies.

Sports hierarchy in this country (and city) is what it is. Typically around here, those that point out "bounceyball" support are doing it from a position of jealousy or inferiority.

I don't get it. I'm a Badger fan. My interests in sports go beyond hockey and well beyond Madison. I enjoy any successes that the 3 major Badger sports have equally and without comparing one to the other or wishing that hockey's would be accepted/appreciated on the same general level as its more popular siblings'. Some seem to struggle with that concept.

Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!

Comment

Working...
                                X