This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Students will be out of town, so paid attendance may be quite different than what is actually there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Students will be out of town, so paid attendance may be quite different than what is actually there.
      Too bad. There will be some Crease Creatures pretty disappointed to miss Bucky's first win.

Maybe the boys can hold out for another week?
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

A few Packer players were asked which Badger sporting event they would like to see. Here is one player's response:

"Hockey because they’re actually a good team. They’ve been to a few Frozen Fours, haven’t they?"

Link
        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
        sigpic
        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
          A few Packer players were asked which Badger sporting event they would like to see. Here is one player's response:

"Hockey because they’re actually a good team. They’ve been to a few Frozen Fours, haven’t they?"

Link
          Also, Mason Crosby: "Hockey, because I haven’t seen a hockey game yet. They have a lot of die-hard fans and a really good team."

You can't blame them for not paying attention to this year's team. How are they to know better?
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Blake Geoffrion and John Buccigross will be at the Nitty Gritty next Thursday night before the series vs. Penn State

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Blake Geoffrion and John Buccigross will be at the Nitty Gritty next Thursday night before the series vs. Penn State

LINK
              I believe Blake was born in February so I'm assuming then that it must be Buccigross's birthday.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Also, Mason Crosby: "Hockey, because I haven’t seen a hockey game yet. They have a lot of die-hard fans and a really good team."

You can't blame them for not paying attention to this year's team. How are they to know better?
                I'm somewhat surprised that either of them knew even that much (and the program's long-term reputation). Then again, I have no idea what Badger hockey coverage is like around the state.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  I'm somewhat surprised that either of them knew even that much (and the program's long-term reputation). Then again, I have no idea what Badger hockey coverage is like around the state.
                  I live an hr from Milwaukee and Madison, so we get tv stations from both in the cable package and the on the Milwaukee area tv stations it's nearly zero. Milwaukee newpapers also cover games sparsly. They may pick up a 5 line AP report once and awhile. I'm also curious about Duluth, Green Bay, Eau Claire, Point, Wausau and the like. This is where the tragedy of UW not being on public TV comes into play. That got UW hockey to every corner of the state for many years. Now sadly as time has marched on there's less UW hockey on TV than ever. Just about every home game was on PBS. It was a great thing, even on Grandma W's old black and white 13" tv with the attached antenna.

I wonder if UW will have a Black Friday sale like they did last year, though those were just 3rd tier seats more than a few rows back.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Turns out that even with the Badgers at 0-8, turkey is still delicious.

Happy Thanksgiving Badger Fans.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I live an hr from Milwaukee and Madison, so we get tv stations from both in the cable package and the on the Milwaukee area tv stations it's nearly zero. Milwaukee newpapers also cover games sparsly. They may pick up a 5 line AP report once and awhile. I'm also curious about Duluth, Green Bay, Eau Claire, Point, Wausau and the like. This is where the tragedy of UW not being on public TV comes into play. That got UW hockey to every corner of the state for many years. Now sadly as time has marched on there's less UW hockey on TV than ever. Just about every home game was on PBS. It was a great thing, even on Grandma W's old black and white 13" tv with the attached antenna.

I wonder if UW will have a Black Friday sale like they did last year, though those were just 3rd tier seats more than a few rows back.
                      You nailed it TimothyA. The Wisconsin Public Television Broadcasts or re-broadcasts were essential to the growth of hockey and UW Hockey in this state. The Milwaukee Journal sucks at covering UW Hockey, they're barely an afterthought. But hey enough w/the negativity, it was a great turkey day!!!
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Didn't Puck Swami stop posting here because of reactions to some of his posts by players or their families?
                        Yes, he was confronted by a very belligerent family member or close friend of a member of the Denver team.

Parents, friends, and other relatives of the players ABSOLUTELY read this thread (and board in general), as do recruits and their parents. Given the amount of hockey those parents have watched, they usually can see the truth behind the majority of criticism.

This isn't a particularly good team, that much is obvious at 0-8. The problem isn't the talent of the individual players, but the overall construction of the roster (plus some unfortunate injuries).
                        I have no doubt the players are doing their very best to win games because they hate losing even more than us fans, but given the constrains placed on the players I'm not expecting much from the rest of the season.

To be fair, I''ve also decided to only to care as much as the AD about the results over the rest of the season. I'd rather embrace Barry's apparent apathy than the hopeless bleak despair that is running rampant.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          it was a great turkey day!!!
                          Yes it was, though da Bears coulda helped da Pack out and beat the Lions. And the fact that my lovely and awesome wife forgot to put the sugar in the pumpkin pie!

It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Well, Tim, there is a black Friday Special. I just bought 4 tickets for the Meechigan Saturday game, 3rd tier, 1st row. It's now a double barrell UW hockey day as we're also going the gal's game against Clarkson @ 2pm. Here's the big question. If I park in the lot off Regent by the RR tracks for the gal's game, walk to to State St for supper, and then go to the guy's game, will I get a ticket for not having a parking pass for the men's game?

Comment

I wrote about Wisconsin's 0-8 start, in case anyone is looking for reading material today.

LINK

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                I wrote about Wisconsin's 0-8 start, in case anyone is looking for reading material today.

LINK
                                Good read, Chuck.
                                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Working...
                                X