• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

I took a look at some numbers, or something. LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      It will be a great crowd, I'll be there. Anyway, the boys and I are planning to eat supper on State St. in between the women's and men's games, any recommendations? Chinese/Viet would be the first choice, or a great burger place. Our standard for burgers is 5 Guys (I know it's a chain, but the burgers and fries are the best Jerry, the best!).

http://www.dottydumplingsdowry.com/ for burgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        It will be a great crowd, I'll be there. Anyway, the boys and I are planning to eat supper on State St. in between the women's and men's games, any recommendations? Chinese/Viet would be the first choice, or a great burger place. Our standard for burgers is 5 Guys (I know it's a chain, but the burgers and fries are the best Jerry, the best!).
        Roast Public House (state near Qdoba), Buck and Badger (State near Capitol), Dotty's and my number one - The Old Fashioned (on the square with a great atmosphere) all have great food. Old fashioned burger is the bomb:

The Old Fashioned House Burger-grilled over a live fire and topped with fried onions, Bavaria’s hickory-smoked bacon, aged Cheddar, garlic sauce and a soft-cooked egg on a buttered and toasted roll…….$9.95

I am going to both games as well but only have 2 tix to mens so will have to drop off the others before going to men's game.
        Last edited by WiscTJK; 01-22-2015, 02:50 PM.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

It's a Great Day for Hockey!!!

To me tonight's game is going to hinge on whether or not Bucky can beat the Ugly helmets forecheck and get out of he D-zone. The formula against the Badgers lately, much like blitzing a young QB in football, has been an aggressive forecheck. If Bucky can get some pucks behind the Wolverines early and make them back off a bit than I think we have a reasonable chance. Unfortunately, the Badgers have been fairly miserable at breaking the puck out, often settling for just chipping it out, or worse, just turning it over to the oncoming rush. Big challenge, but I would guess that most of our players came to Wisconsin to play in big games. Well, here is one, boys!

Let's Go Red!!!
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Dang. Just tuned in and never thought I would have seen this Badger team put up 4 goals this early in the 2nd.

Hope they can keep this up for the rest of the weekend.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Well, 5 unanswered. Ugh.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                If Bucky can get some pucks behind the Wolverines early and make them back off a bit than I think we have a reasonable chance
                Good call. Didn't just put pucks deep but also put four into the net early and it still didn't matter as six pulls of the Michigan goal slot machine lever later it was yet another embarrassing loss and a shot disparity that ****ty DIII teams would envy.

At some point the cuteness of homeristic, baseless and aimless hope evolves to the point it's nothing but annoying. And embarrassing.
                I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                  Good call. Didn't just put pucks deep but also put four into the net early and it still didn't matter as six pulls of the Michigan goal slot machine lever later it was yet another embarrassing loss and a shot disparity that ****ty DIII teams would envy.

At some point the cuteness of homeristic, baseless and aimless hope evolves to the point it's nothing but annoying. And embarrassing.
                  Couldn't have said it better myself. I would have taken a lower road with "it's time to pull your head out of your ***".

Comment

You wanted to scratch their ears after the first. But then they **** on the carpet again.

Comment

That's gotta hurt. I seriously feel for you guys, of course not enough so that I hope you win tomorrow. Hopefully Michigan has good goaltending for the entire game tomorrow. Playing responsibly defensively would be nice too (no penalties).
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

A couple guys in back of me thought the Badgers had a form of Packeritis -- prevent defense -- after their 4-1 lead. I think for some reason (coaching?), UM picked it up and beat the Badgers to every puck. Boom, boom, it's 4-3. It's almost like they ran out of gas in the 2nd period, but that can't be possible. Or is it? Boom, boom it's 5-3. And on and on............
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

For how bad the game was, that national anthem was pretty awesome right??

Real shame how we parked the bus at the end, the first 3 goals of ours were real beautys

Comment

2-14-3

there are 15 reg season games to go. In order for UW to hit double digit wins they'd have to go 8-7 the rest of the way. Let that sink in a bit. In order to go 10-21-3 they've have to have a winning record from here out (and only by one game).

I can't think of a reason for Eaves to retain his job but I'm guessing (unfortunately) that Alvarez won't do anything about this travesty.

On the positive side, Besse is kicking ***.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              A couple guys in back of me thought the Badgers had a form of Packeritis -- prevent defense -- after their 4-1 lead. I think for some reason (coaching?), UM picked it up and beat the Badgers to every puck. Boom, boom, it's 4-3. It's almost like they ran out of gas in the 2nd period, but that can't be possible. Or is it? Boom, boom it's 5-3. And on and on............
                              I don't think that was the case, UM simply dominated the 2nd period territorially as you stated, and UW played bad, and in the 3rd it was more even, but UM popped those 2 while Rump's teamates were enjoying the scenery in the 3rd. That 2nd penalty on Navin was crap, which ended up being a pp goal. He just poked the guy, and Pappe did the same thing on the PK and they ignored it. UW REALLY missed Eddie, did Hurley even see any ice? A slight sliver of positiveness is that the top 2 lines seem to be gelling a bit. and 3 PPGs!
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                2-14-3

there are 15 reg season games to go. In order for UW to hit double digit wins they'd have to go 8-7 the rest of the way. Let that sink in a bit. In order to go 10-21-3 they've have to have a winning record from here out (and only by one game).

I can't think of a reason for Eaves to retain his job but I'm guessing (unfortunately) that Alvarez won't do anything about this travesty.

On the positive side, Besse is kicking ***.
                                It's not just that they have to play over 500 hockey, to reach 10 wins, they actually have to WIN 8 games. Maybe with 4 games each against MSU and OSU they could put something positive together, but I'd still be shocked if they manage more than 5 wins the rest of the season.

I've only seen a handful of games and those on TV, but I have also talked with a number of people who have been at the games. I've come to the following opinion:
                                This Badger team might be the worst team across the board that I have ever seen. Positioning: Abysmal. Decision Making: Dysfunctional. Passing: Comical. Effort: Lackadaisically inconsistent .

There are squirt and peewee teams that play as a more unified group than this supposed Badger "team". It's reached the point of absolute absurdity that I just can't bring myself to care anymore about the game-to-game results .

This is the classic case of Eaves teams underachieving. It's almost as if Eaves is running a 4-yr clinic on how to be a professional hockey player (at the fans/university's expense) and not even trying to be a successful winning hockey program at UW.

Comment

Working...
                                X