X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Well, I could have been working instead of learning something about hockey. I wasn't 100% on where they were both coaching.
    Well when you put it that way....looking up hockey facts always wins out over work.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Per the Badger Hockey newsletter (and presumably a press release months ago or something that Chuck covered on B5Q a while back, I don't remember):

So, if anyone wants to be that guy and make overtures towards Mark Osiecki and Don Granato in public, best make sure you go to the saturday game against Minnesota.
      second time someone has mentioned this newsletter. Where do I get this?
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        What is this newsletter you speak of?
        To join: join-badgermenshockeyinsider@lists.wisc.edu
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Here's something for fans of former Badger Captain and current NYR Captain, Ryan McDonagh (and Green Day!)
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I have to say, those two goals were so pretty, that you could almost forget the 50 minute train wreck that preceded it.

And Besse's got some hands. His pipe shot (and the stick handling before it) in the first was remarkable.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              I have to say, those two goals were so pretty, that you could almost forget the 50 minute train wreck that preceded it.

And Besse's got some hands. His pipe shot (and the stick handling before it) in the first was remarkable.
              I was at the women's game so by the time I got home and sat down, Soleway scores that goal as a I settle into the chair, UW goes into a shell with a tie, and win the shootout, so all the ugliness that proceeded will be deleted off the dvr like it never exsited.

I suspect tonight will be a repeat of the Saturday BU game, but I hope not.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The game last night went about as I expected it would. UW was out-manned/out-gunned for almost the entire night save maybe 2 mins where they came to life or the gophers took their collective feet off the gas.

It's hard to find bright spots when the team plays so poorly but I found a couple: Ryan Wagner, Cameron Hughes, Adam Rockwood. Very solid players, not sure they'll become 30-40 point guys but they could be solid 20-point guys in the future

downside: everyone on defense not named Schulze and Wittchow.

futher downside: feels like the coaching staff will survive this awful season.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  The game last night went about as I expected it would. UW was out-manned/out-gunned for almost the entire night save maybe 2 mins where they came to life or the gophers took their collective feet off the gas.

It's hard to find bright spots when the team plays so poorly but I found a couple: Ryan Wagner, Cameron Hughes, Adam Rockwood. Very solid players, not sure they'll become 30-40 point guys but they could be solid 20-point guys in the future

downside: everyone on defense not named Schulze and Wittchow.

futher downside: feels like the coaching staff will survive this awful season.
                  I thought Schulze and Wittchow played very poorly last night actualy. Eddie blocked a few shots but couldn't keep up in the dzone. I thought Dougherty looked like UW's best D.

And Besse was a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    I thought Schulze and Wittchow played very poorly last night actualy. Eddie blocked a few shots but couldn't keep up in the dzone. I thought Dougherty looked like UW's best D.

And Besse was a beast.
                    I think the D corp was not good in general but I'm not sure I'd characterize Schulze and Wittchow's play as "poor" overall. They both logged a ton of minutes, and while they did have issues early on, what they didn't do (at least comparitively) is turn over the puck, and they both logged plenty of pk time with the goofs vaunted pp going 0-5. Jack D made some spectacular plays tempered by some fairly bad ones. About what I expect from a young kid with real talent. I'd say those three were in the game if not at their very best.

It's the other three that were killing me. I think #5 turned the puck over into 3 quality chances in less than a minute in the first. Maybe it's just me, but I think the word is really out to pressure hard on the forecheck when #28 is off the ice. It's what BU did to us last Saturday and it's what the goph's did last night. Setting aside play without the puck I don't get how Linhart and Davison can be pretty good with the puck in the O-zone and yet so terribly terrible with it in the D-zone? Drake, geez... I hate bagging on him, he's a great person with a great attitude, but he cannot just keep panicking with the puck on his stick. Skate it or eat it if you have to, but quit just handing it over! (to give some credit, they all did get better by late in the game)

Nobody was good for much in the first except Rumps, but I thought LaBate really stepped up his game from period 2 on as well. Kudo's also to Paape and Navin for some quality play and real hustle on the pk. When we killed the 5-3 things changed around pretty dramatically for a bit there.

It was around the break last year where Zengerle really started to play a complete game, so much so that he could dominate games for stretches. If Besse can continue his big improvements without the puck, he seems very capable of doing likewise. He certainly made me believe we could get back in the game with some of those rockets at the net that didn't go.

If we start strong with some jump and just don't hand over the puck, the Badgers can make a game of it tonight.
                    Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 01-17-2015, 01:57 PM.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Bottom line; If Rumps wasn't hotter than a 4 peckered billy goat, we get blown out.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Good news for fans in the Green Bay/Fox Valley;

http://fox11online.com/2015/01/19/cw...-hockey-games/
                          St. Norbert College Green Knights
                          NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                          NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                          NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                          ---
                          SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Wittchow gone two more games.... http://www.uscho.com/2015/01/19/big-...otas-lettieri/
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              Totally reasonable, everyone knows (or should know) that hits like that are going to be severly punished.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                                Totally reasonable, everyone knows (or should know) that hits like that are going to be severly punished.
                                agreed fine, where's the punishment for the guy that punched the ref....

Comment

Working...
                                X