X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    afraid he's going to skate circles around everybody.
    Interestingly enough K. Schulze starts this play 10 feet behind Big Jack E., who has his head down and is already digging:

Jack E. at the bottom, K. Schulze with his stick up gathering himself.

And yet K. Schulze skates a circle around Jack and it ends up like this:

For the Shorty!

Sorry MCR, I couldn't resist.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post

Also, BU not sending out Eichel for the it-doesn't-matter shootout bugged me.
      What did you think of The Boy Wonder after watching him in-person? Pointless night, so I'm guessing not one of his better games. Hoping he drops 3 points on your *** tonight.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        It was on the Wisconsin channel charter 196. It is tonight too...
        Unless you have uverse. ****.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          What did you think of The Boy Wonder after watching him in-person? Pointless night, so I'm guessing not one of his better games. Hoping he drops 3 points on your *** tonight.
          Maybe a little off his game but he created plenty of good chances. I agree with "Jackie" Parker: (to PB) "He's the best player ever to play at BU. But he shoulda' went to Kentucky."

Greer better keep his head on a swivel tonight after throat-punching Jack D. with his stick.

To paraphrase Herb Brooks when a different Badger went down: Yer gonna eat dat got dam Koho 26!
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

He didn't burn anyone, but he was pretty much as advertised.

Comment

Time to send these puppies packing!

Let's Go Red!!!
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Unless you have uverse. ****.
                This makes no sense to me either. I feel like there has been 2 games I've been able to watch on Uverse this season.
                Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                sigpic
                Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

3 points? Ha! Shows what you know.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    I've said it before and I'll probably say it again in the future but K. Schulze is a really good hockey player.

Probably not a bad thing overall. Hard not to learn that lesson. Guys played pretty great for 58 minutes when few if any gave them a chance to even be in the game. After that own goal we just relaxed completely. What a crazy play. Feels more like we would have probably won it if it had stayed 2-1. Weird.

Still, I'll take 3 of 4 from #2 and be satisfied.
                    3 points? Ha! Shows what you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      I used to musky fish a lot and fished in the World Championship Musky Classic every year with 600-800 other guys. Our team has won it a few times and individuals from our team have won it. Years ago, two guys on our team hooked a big fish and despite all the things that can easily go wrong, they did everything exactly right. After about 20 minutes they had it laying alongside and were guiding it head first into a 34" deep net. I should note, one of these two guys has caught several 40+ pound fish and is very experienced. They went to lift the fish and net over the gunwale and over half of the length of the fish remained out of the net! Because of this fact, the fish tipped out into the lake and with a single massive shake was gone with only the bait remaining, the hooks having become tangled in the net. Guy later described it thusly: "It was like standing there and watching your own dick fall off."

A month or so later we were at an expo where a world record replica was on display. He didn't know if his fish was bigger, but he felt strongly it was that class of fish. It's been 30 years and his eyes still go glassy when it comes up. He knows what Eaves was talking about.
                      What a story! I will say I've got a very large net and my son's 53 fit no problem. I bet 30 years ago these mega large nets were not available.

Anyway, I did not watch the game tonight, chose to watch the dvr of the uw rodents game, what a yikes day for UW hockey. the gals played pretty good. They just have to deck Brandt when he gets the puck. Bummer I didn't read the channel 196 note early. Thanks for the info/
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Well I wish I could say I was surprised...

Comment

The Gophers absolutely suck right now, so make the trip if you're debating it. I'd like one home Big Ten series with a WCHA atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            The Gophers absolutely suck right now, so make the trip if you're debating it. I'd like one home Big Ten series with a WCHA atmosphere.
                            I'll be in the pressbox Friday night. Should be a doozy. I'm anticipating two blind boxers in the ring throwing lefts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              I'll be in the pressbox Friday night. Should be a doozy. I'm anticipating two blind boxers in the ring throwing lefts.
                              Except there won't be any fights because that would be too exciting and I think everyone on the Gophers would be scared to drop them.

Comment

That unfortunately wasn't very surprising. The Badgers definitely were making things easier for BU than they did last night while on defense.

Did anyone see a replay of Besse getting drilled in the head? We were all pretty sure that that is what happened along the boards to the right of the UW bench (when facing the bench side).

Comment

Working...
                                X