This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Regarding the FL demographics and hockey, I suppose in this case numbers matter more than percentages.

Comment

I went to bed last night feeling optimistic about the 2nd half, and I wake up to read articles that do anything but ooze optimism. The players are obviously feeling the pressure, they are practicing like crap, Eaves is openly wondering about not getting extended or maybe even getting fired, and BA gives Eaves his full support.

I am not shocked BA would gives Eaves the vote of confidence, he's not going to throw any of his coaches under the bus until he forces them out, though I do recall Lisa Stone getting some heat from BA prior to getting the ax. Maybe BA will pull a Pete Waite on Eaves.

On the WI Journal website, there is a poll asking out of UW sports, who will have the most successful season in 2015.....the women's bb team has 8 votes, the men's hockey team has 7. To be fair, men's bb is sucking up all the votes with 482, but, there's more hope for Bobby Kelsey then Mike Eaves? My head just exploded.

Any any rate, It's a Great Day For Hockey! Let's sweep Tech and then all will be right with the world.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I went to bed last night feeling optimistic about the 2nd half, and I wake up to read articles that do anything but ooze optimism. The players are obviously feeling the pressure, they are practicing like crap, Eaves is openly wondering about not getting extended or maybe even getting fired, and BA gives Eaves his full support.

I am not shocked BA would gives Eaves the vote of confidence, he's not going to throw any of his coaches under the bus until he forces them out, though I do recall Lisa Stone getting some heat from BA prior to getting the ax. Maybe BA will pull a Pete Waite on Eaves.

On the WI Journal website, there is a poll asking out of UW sports, who will have the most successful season in 2015.....the women's bb team has 8 votes, the men's hockey team has 7. To be fair, men's bb is sucking up all the votes with 482, but, there's more hope for Bobby Kelsey then Mike Eaves? My head just exploded.

Any any rate, It's a Great Day For Hockey! Let's sweep Tech and then all will be right with the world.
        Here's some optimism - the "second half" is really the second two-thirds. (I think they're only 1 or 2 games beyond the true 1/3 mark.) I agree with you on Alvarez's comments. BA putting a coach publicly on the hot seat seems unlikely to me.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
          Here's some optimism - the "second half" is really the second two-thirds. (I think they're only 1 or 2 games beyond the true 1/3 mark.) I agree with you on Alvarez's comments. BA putting a coach publicly on the hot seat seems unlikely to me.
          You're right. Even if Alvarez thought Eaves was on the hot seat it does no good to publicly declare that he is. Other than pleasing 15 people on the internet.

I'm not sure the AD giving the HC a vote of confidence does much for the team, but if he goes the other way it totally drains the attitude in the locker room, with the staff, with potential recruits, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
            FYI. Head hockey coach of D-III University of Southern Maine, in his 28th year, has been forced to "retire" after a 1-9 start this year.
            Not sure if you're making much of a point here. Beaney has never won anything, hasn't been above .500 in 7 years and has 6 and 7 wins the last two years respectively before this 1-9 start. Seems a bit more like this move is maybe 10 or 20 years late, rather than any comparison to what's going on here.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Is it just me, or the lighting, or does Eaves suddenly look like he's done some real presidential-type aging in this Badger Hockey Digest? Especially @ 1:35.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Not sure I love the Drake-Linhart pairing. I understand their hand has been forced to an extent, but neither player holds the defensive blueline very well so they tend to give up too much when both are on the ice together. Have to assume this is the third pair tonight. I guess if they plan to play Schulze-Wittchow 30 minutes, Davison-Dougherty 20, then I can handle Drake-Linhart for 10-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  Not sure I love the Drake-Linhart pairing. I understand their hand has been forced to an extent, but neither player holds the defensive blueline very well so they tend to give up too much when both are on the ice together. Have to assume this is the third pair tonight. I guess if they plan to play Schulze-Wittchow 30 minutes, Davison-Dougherty 20, then I can handle Drake-Linhart for 10-ish.
                  I gotta believe that's the plan... I wonder if Eddie will be out on a PP unit. It seems ages ago now, but there was once a plan to put him up top and let him swing away with that long stick.

One thing's for sure: 90% of tonight's game is going to be half mental.

Let's Go Red!!!
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

WOW. 3-0 10 minutes in, Rumpel out (not getting any help), Petersen in. This feels like the BC game last year.

Comment

It's getting pretty ugly just looking at the box score online.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        WOW. 3-0 10 minutes in, Rumpel out (not getting any help), Petersen in. This feels like the BC game last year.
                        Yeah, maybe not much help, but he can't come in to this season as a senior projected as one of the top goalies in college hockey and then give up 3 goals on 5 shots in a game like this. Just can't let it happen.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Its way uglier in person. We suck. Fire Eaves.

At least I'm drunk. In a suite tonight or I wouldn't have bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Yeah, maybe not much help, but he can't come in to this season as a senior projected as one of the top goalies in college hockey and then give up 3 goals on 5 shots in a game like this. Just can't let it happen.
                            I kinda agree, but according to Perrin, (who soulds SO much like Howie it's freaky), 2 were in close 1 on 0's and one had a funny change in direction. You can't cough the puck up on the pp either like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Its way uglier in person. We suck. Fire Eaves.

At least I'm drunk. In a suite tonight or I wouldn't have bothered.
                              An e-mail from a friend who is also at the game:

Dave...whatever sadness you think you're feeling is at least one order of magnitude less sad then being here. The only thing keeping me from slitting my wrists is the fact that we won a bowl game yesterday.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Hope that the team will look respectable after the break officially gone after 1.2 periods.
                                Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X