X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD and UMTC Home and Home: Winner will be decided in a dive off

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Sorry Harley, I misread your post.
    No worries dude... Looking forward to a war in Duluth tonight. A must NC win for the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
      Agreed. We either go up 2-1 or you guys go up 2-1, will be huge come March.
      Last time I checked, UM was 7-2 NC with previous wins over UMD, SCSU and ND and a NC game against BC remaining. This one game will mean very little in the end for UM if they are worth their ranking and expectations. If they aren't worthy then they will have earned a lower seed by the whole body of work.

Comment

SS - I understand what you are saying but flipping the UMD comparison could be big depending on what happens with us and elsewhere. UMD will more than likely get some quality wins the rest of the way against teams we won't play. Any NC series wins you can get are huge for PWR.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Non-conference games remaining for the Gophers:

1) Saturday, November 15 at Minnesota Duluth
          2) Friday, November 28 at Boston College
          3) Saturday, November 29 at Northeastern
          4) Friday, January 2 MERRIMACK
          5) Saturday, January 3 UMASS LOWELL/RIT
          6) Friday, January 23 vs Minnesota State at the X
          7) Saturday, January 24 vs Bemidji State/Minnesota Duluth at the X

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            No worries dude... Looking forward to a war in Duluth tonight. A must NC win for the Gophers.
            Me too, and 100% agree.
            Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 11-15-2014, 03:36 PM.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
              SS - I understand what you are saying but flipping the UMD comparison could be big depending on what happens with us and elsewhere. UMD will more than likely get some quality wins the rest of the way against teams we won't play. Any NC series wins you can get are huge for PWR.
              Agreed
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I still think that's far too much emphasis on one game and you'd be hard pressed to find one recent season-ending PWR for UM that would be measurably different otherwise because of one game.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  I still think that's far too much emphasis on one game and you'd be hard pressed to find one recent season-ending PWR for UM that would be measurably different otherwise because of one game.
                  You suck the fun out of panic situations.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Congrats on the sweep. See you in April. Ugh.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                      I assume that's why he congratulated UMD and not Denver on their first shutout at Mariucci in 42 years.
                      Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahhaa.

Fantastic post.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Duluth earned the sweep. Toninato can die in a fire, though.

I feel bad for Wilcox.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Shame on the European soccer wannabe who faked the injury in the corner until he saw he wasn't going to get a call on it.

Embarrassing.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

While it's always nice to see the Gophers lose, every time I flipped over to watch this game between commercial breaks, there was a Bulldog player acting like they got shot by a Gopher. I think every fan base knows how much of a diving queen Austin Farley is but I didn't realize a good amount of other UMD players like to participate in such theatrics.

Congrats UMD, you guys made Kyle Rau look like Mother Teresa.

Comment

Better effort by the Gophers tonight, but like last night the Gophers had another offensive meltdown and a hot UMD team took advantage and kicked ***. Kasimir Kaskisuo - the Finnish wonder, was very good in net, UMD forwards shelled Wilcox and their D blocked a ton of shots for a well deserved W and weekend sweep.

It's nearly impossible in college hockey to get a win when you take unnecessary penalties, can't get pucks on net, 3/5 GA on the weekend are PP Gs, and your forwards have only 1 G in the last 8 periods of hockey. I'd expect Lucia to make some immediate line adjustments to break out of this scoring slump. Time for this team to find some identity.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                                While it's always nice to see the Gophers lose, every time I flipped over to watch this game between commercial breaks, there was a Bulldog player acting like they got shot by a Gopher. I think every fan base knows how much of a diving queen Austin Farley is but I didn't realize a good amount of other UMD players like to participate in such theatrics.

Congrats UMD, you guys made Kyle Rau look like Mother Teresa.
                                Wow. This is telling (serious).

A WHIOUX fan saying something like this?
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X