Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

    Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
    I suppose it could have been pre-KBC days... But that doesn't mean the Dog, Ambo, and DT wouldn't have provided sufficient libations.
    I doubt he's talking pre-KBC...and pre-KBC probably would be bit more bleak. The DT was a dump until the fairly recent renovations. The Dog is...well...the Dog, a bar's bar. Houghton today is much more friendly in terms of diverse/higher quality drinking establishments than even 10 years ago.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

      Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      No kidding. If you can't figure out how to enjoy yourself there, you're probably just not very bright, or you're an extremely boring person.
      Don't want to start a dissing match however if you've ever met Alaska Hockey you know he's the opposite of the above.
      No fight intended just the truth.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

        Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        Don't want to start a dissing match however if you've ever met Alaska Hockey you know he's the opposite of the above.
        No fight intended just the truth.
        I have. He provided us with free beer and I'm sure he sure he found some around Houghton when he was there. No doubt he would appreciate the Dog. The old school Dog, where you couldn't even see the ceiling.
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

        Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

        2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

          Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Don't want to start a dissing match however if you've ever met Alaska Hockey you know he's the opposite of the above.
          No fight intended just the truth.
          Then there's no excuse to not have an enjoyable time in Houghton, barring extenuating circumstances.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

          RIP - Kirby

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

            Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            I doubt he's talking pre-KBC...and pre-KBC probably would be bit more bleak. The DT was a dump until the fairly recent renovations. The Dog is...well...the Dog, a bar's bar. Houghton today is much more friendly in terms of diverse/higher quality drinking establishments than even 10 years ago.
            Never found one to my standards of higher quality, but I found a lot of them that exceeds your higher standards.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


            Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

            I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

              Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              Never found one to my standards of higher quality, but I found a lot of them that exceeds your higher standards.
              KBC is pretty hard to miss. Sorry that you did.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

              RIP - Kirby

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

                Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                KBC is pretty hard to miss. Sorry that you did.
                Googled KBC and this was the first and only review I looked at:

                Big money, no brewing talent

                Doesn't like it

                Diner from Grand Rapids • Orson Buggy • c 146 reviews

                KBC's management obviously has a fair amount of money to put such a nice facility in downtown Houghton. The building has an excellent atmosphere and the staff is polite and helpful. That's the end of the positive comments from me. Let's now discuss why I walked in the door in the first place: The Beer.
                The beer is mediocre at best. The main theme is they lack flavor and mouthfeel compared to other Michigan microbreweries such as The Mitten, Arcadia, Unruly Brewing, Kuhnhenn, Bell's, Founders, Short's, Right Brain, and Brickside. I've been going here since they opened and it's never really broken through with any remarkable beers.
                I keep wanting to like them because they distribute throughout the state and the rustic atmosphere is cool, but the only beer they serve that makes me half smile is the Widow Maker, but that's just an also-ran and little more. If you think KBC is competitive, check my story and visit a few of the other breweries I listed above and see if you agree they are at the back of the pack

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

                  Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  Googled KBC and this was the first and only review I looked at:

                  Big money, no brewing talent

                  Doesn't like it

                  Diner from Grand Rapids • Orson Buggy • c 146 reviews

                  KBC's management obviously has a fair amount of money to put such a nice facility in downtown Houghton. The building has an excellent atmosphere and the staff is polite and helpful. That's the end of the positive comments from me. Let's now discuss why I walked in the door in the first place: The Beer.
                  The beer is mediocre at best. The main theme is they lack flavor and mouthfeel compared to other Michigan microbreweries such as The Mitten, Arcadia, Unruly Brewing, Kuhnhenn, Bell's, Founders, Short's, Right Brain, and Brickside. I've been going here since they opened and it's never really broken through with any remarkable beers.
                  I keep wanting to like them because they distribute throughout the state and the rustic atmosphere is cool, but the only beer they serve that makes me half smile is the Widow Maker, but that's just an also-ran and little more. If you think KBC is competitive, check my story and visit a few of the other breweries I listed above and see if you agree they are at the back of the pack
                  That reviewer is full of crap. That is all. I've not found a scotch ale better than the ore dock.
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

                  Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

                  2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

                    What's up all?? Long time no talk! Sorry I've been slouching on not hosting a chat room this season, my wife and I had a new baby boy in July and of course as you'd imagine have been crazy busy. I happened to have a little free time tonight and thought I'd host a chat at the ol' stomping grounds at tinychat: http://www.tinychat.com/alaskana . Any and all are welcome.

                    Go Seawolves!

                    Oh and Happy Birthday Suze! If you're ever in the Twin Cities area for a game, let me know and we can all meet for a beer.
                    Last edited by Alaskana; 11-07-2014, 08:15 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

                      Originally posted by Alaskana View Post
                      What's up all?? Long time no talk! Sorry I've been slouching on not hosting a chat room this season, my wife and I had a new baby boy in July and of course as you'd imagine have been crazy busy. I happened to have a little free time tonight and thought I'd host a chat at the ol' stomping grounds at tinychat: http://www.tinychat.com/alaskana . Any and all are welcome.

                      Go Seawolves!

                      Oh and Happy Birthday Suze! If you're ever in the Twin Cities area for a game, let me know and we can all meet for a beer.
                      You can join us at techhockeyguide.com/live

                      We don't bite!
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

                      Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

                      2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

                        Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                        You can join us at techhockeyguide.com/live

                        We don't bite!
                        Thanks! It's crickets over at my chat room, see you guys soon.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

                          Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                          That reviewer is full of crap. That is all. I've not found a scotch ale better than the ore dock.
                          Many of the limited-run taproom only offerings are simply excellent. Most of their weaker beers are the regulars.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                          RIP - Kirby

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

                            You know what would be great? A UAA goal. From a forward.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

                            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

                              Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              You know what would be great? A UAA goal. From a forward.
                              Score as many as you want... Starting Sunday.
                              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

                              Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

                              2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Alaska Anchorage at Michigan Tech Nov 7-8: Happy? Sad? Ponies will help!

                                Keep it rolling tomorrow night. We want 8.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                                RIP - Kirby

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X