Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Helmets At Golden Gophers - Saturday is Free!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golden Helmets At Golden Gophers - Saturday is Free!!!

Originally posted by irishstate View Post
    As soon as I post it they start playing ND hockey. 4-2 after 2. Keep the miracle going and lets get it to 4-4.
    ore like MN started playing go-fer hockey, as in "you go fer it, I'll just hang back & watch." Had it become 4-3 it would have been 5-3 long before it would have been 4-4.

Comment

Notre Dame was much better in many facets of the game during the 2nd and 3rd periods. Regardless of how MN played. ND's passing was crisper and more accurate, their feet were moving more and they were pursuing the puck in areas they hadn't during the first period. I'm not speculating as to where they should be placed in (or out of) the rankings; rather saying the first period it looked like a Div. 1 team versus a Div. 3 team.....

....unless the D1 team is the BADgers.

Comment

Notre Dame showed a lot of character in the 2nd & 3rd today, after going down early and big they very easily could have mailed it in & instead came out and played very well. ND outplayed MN for stretches during the last two periods and seemed get some jump in their step.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

somewhat reflective of the season so far. Vermont they had some good periods, and some really bad ones. They've had some really good games, and then some...... what?? games. Perhaps it is expected with such a young team, but it gives fans a roller coaster ride. Who knows what team will show up and when. They need to put a complete game together against a quality opponent and then they could hang in there. As it was, let's face it. Wilcox deserves a lot of credit both nights to keep the score the way it was. Of course, someone might want to tell ND players to SHOOT the puck during a power play. That might help them score.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            It's on. *****.
            Sorry I have to miss next weekend. My kid will be in the midst of tryout scrimmages on Friday and I have a fundraiser dinner on Saturday. DVR only.

Comment

It's on. *****.
              I'm ready.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                I'm ready.
                did I miss the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  Sorry I have to miss next weekend. My kid will be in the midst of tryout scrimmages on Friday and I have a fundraiser dinner on Saturday. DVR only.
                  Well that stinks! But understandable. I'm not going to Mariucci but I'll be up in Duluth.
                  Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  did I miss the thread?
                  There's a thread
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

There's a thread
                    But no green arrow...
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      But no green arrow...
                      You mean no smilie? I say we boycott!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        did I miss the thread?
                        I should have gone with my tried and true method of the Paper logo. Or just look for a little t.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

Bischoff had a little bit of a rough night. He does some really good stuff, keeps things simple a lot of the time when it's called for, but he had a few plays tonight (and tonight wasn't the first time) where his awareness seemed to let him down. That's something I would expect to improve, but it may continue to cost him some ice time and lineup decisions this season.
                          Have to defend my boy (and avoid chores a little longer). I thought Bischoff looked pretty solid most of the weekend. The one coughed up puck on the blueline was more the fault of the freshman D muffing a pass to him, causing him to have to change directions arbruptly. He lost the puck a couple times in less dangerous situations. Brodzinski seems to have bad cough-ups every other or third game. I think mostly Bisch is a very smart player defensively, always has been. But he doesn't bring a lot of offense, although there are currently plenty of those D.

Comment

Working...
                          X