Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Helmets At Golden Gophers - Saturday is Free!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Helmets At Golden Gophers - Saturday is Free!!!

So what's the story?

Is this the rematch that never was from earlier this year???

Re: Golden Helmets At Golden Gophers - Saturday is Free!!!

Note: this is a Fri/Sunday bit. Just a heads up.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Note: this is a Fri/Sunday bit. Just a heads up.
      Great. So I won't be able to see either.

I need a new job.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGopher View Post
        So what's the story?
        If #2 is healthy, humans sweep C-3PO's, 4-2 and 4-1.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          If #2 is healthy, humans sweep C-3PO's, 4-2 and 4-1.
          Any more specific word on 2 or 22 injuries?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            Any more specific word on 2 or 22 injuries?
            Last I heard Skjei is "day to day" and Boyd will be out for about a month. I haven't heard anything more specific than that.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

May have to attend the Friday game to see if I remember how to do this whole Gopher Hockey thing before heading up to Duluth in two weeks.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

tDon mentioned that Boyd possibly could be out until our January 2nd game against Merrimack, if he isn't ready for Michigan State December 5th (he wasn't 100% he would be) then it will be January.

Skjei like you said is day to day, I'm thinking he plays this weekend.
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Friday game is at 7pm and is on the BTN, Sunday game is at 4PM and is on ESPNU.
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                    tDon mentioned that Boyd possibly could be out until our January 2nd game against Merrimack, if he isn't ready for Michigan State December 5th (he wasn't 100% he would be) then it will be January.

Skjei like you said is day to day, I'm thinking he plays this weekend.
                    Losing Boyd really hurts. He has been on top of his game and is used all over the lineup anywhere - PP, PK, any line.....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      Losing Boyd really hurts. He has been on top of his game and is used all over the lineup anywhere - PP, PK, any line.....
                      I agree 100%.

Replacing him with someone who can get the same type of production (not necessarily pts) may be tough.
                      sigpic

Comment

Do golden domer posters exist?

Must be too busy polishing their own helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          Skjei is out for a 'couple of weeks'. Would have really wanted them (and esp Boyd) for the trip out to Boston. That BC game will be tough. We've been beating up on them in Minneapolis for the last few years. And between that and a good chance that we're above them in the rankings, BC'll be ready to play.

The icebreaker was just a few weeks back and ND didn't look very good. But since losing to a scrappy RPI and getting blasted by a competent UMD team, ND is 5-0-1. After last weekends SCSU setback, I say we sweep.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            The icebreaker was just a few weeks back and ND didn't look very good. But since losing to a scrappy RPI and getting blasted by a competent UMD team, ND is 5-0-1. After last weekends SCSU setback, I say we sweep.
                            ND looked horrible in the ice breaker, but has a pretty young team. Note that after RPI beat ND they were terrible, until they just swept Union. That being said, ND started looking a lot better in their following games. Playing much better (granted against LSSU and Niagara) which I had hoped would give them some confidence. They seemed to have been outplayed in the first game against Vermont but came away with the win. They outplayed Vermont for the first half of the Sat. game before that game turned around and ended in a 2-2 tie (tying goal at 19:19 of the third).

I'd be thrilled with a split. Minnesota likes to come out flying, but if it is still 0-0 after 10 minutes and we can start to settle in then I think there is a fighting chance. There are 8 players (a number from the immediate area) from Minnesota so for some it will almost be like a homecoming. I think they'll be motivated to play there. Plus Mario seems to play well against his dad. Do I think Minnesota is the better team. Sure. With the injuries and what ND has to play for, I think they can be dangerous. Plus after that ice breaker, I think ND is still looking to prove themselves. With last weeks struggles plus injuries, does Minnesota have the power to fight back and come out and dominate?

Should be an interesting series. I'm hoping for a split, but if someone does sweep I assume it will be Minn. ND will have to get the freshmen believing they can play at that level. A 3pt weekend against Vermont hopefully gave them more confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by irishstate View Post
                              With last weeks struggles plus injuries, does Minnesota have the power to fight back and come out and dominate?
                              With Boyd and Skjei being out of the lineup this weekend that no doubt weakens our lineup, we do have depth but that depth is a 4th liner and freshmen D replacing Boyd and Skjei. Not saying they are chopped liver but it's not the same.

Should be interesting.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X