tUMD @ SCSU Nov 7 and 8: Let's get 4 points… I mean 6… stupid NCHC math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD @ SCSU Nov 7 and 8: Let's get 4 points… I mean 6… stupid NCHC math

Made my first trek to the HBNHC since it was (half) renovated. The entrance and renovated concourse are very nice. The seating bowl is slightly more attractive with the new paint job, graphics, and suites. The rest of the concourse is the same as it ever was. Really hope they can complete the renovation. Despite how well the Huskies have played when I've worn my UMD hat with my SCSU jersey, they didn't show up for most of the night last night and UMD deserved to win. I only saw the aftermath if the Kossila penalty and they didn't replay it in the arena, so I can't comment in that.
    SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
    UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
    Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
    Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
    UMD Football: 2008, 2010
    UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Must say I'm stunned with the results this weekend. Cloud has been a house of horrors and it's great to see the squad pull out a couple of tight games. I think the thing that impressed me most was on Saturday in the 3rd period. tDogs are protecting a 1 goal lead and every play was just made with so much calmness. D-men were assessing the situation in their own end and making the right plays to clear the puck. SCCC had a few chances, but they were few and far between. tUMD was also winning almost every battle along the boards or races to the puck. Good character weekend.

The call on Kossila was terrible, no doubt. I really wish they would review major penalties. tUMD knows the pain all too well and unfortunately players are going to continue to try and give their team an advantage as long as this is the system. This year has shown it can be a great benefit to your team to flop/dive/get up slow when his from behind/side... not a lot of fun to see.

Finally, man is Kaskisuo a player... crazy that a freshman has had such good rebound control and command in the crease. Great to see him step up so early in the year and take the starting role.

Comment

Not just the acting job on the Kossila play but Toninato was hit near center ice in the 2nd I think and went sliding the width of the ice basically looking like he'd been shot.
        Disappointing to see that.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I could see a boarding being called on Kossila, but not the five. That being said, I didn't think Farley embellished, as Rich and Parrish were insinuating. And he didn't act like he was dead, as the Miami player did, only to go back to the bench and high five his coach.

If they can review a major to find the offending player, as they did to catch Herbert spearing someone last season or the one before, they should be able to review whether it even should be a major. Just my opinion.

Comment

Lot of whining about a bad major call. Welcome to the NCHC. We've had about 3 of those this year. Twice its cost UMD the game. Nice to be on the other side for once.

Good series. Either game could have went either way. Kas stole the game Friday. UMD played great 1st and 3rd Saturday and it led to the sweep.
            http://www.umdpenaltybo*****

2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

Comment

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
              Must say I'm stunned with the results this weekend. Cloud has been a house of horrors and it's great to see the squad pull out a couple of tight games. I think the thing that impressed me most was on Saturday in the 3rd period. tDogs are protecting a 1 goal lead and every play was just made with so much calmness. D-men were assessing the situation in their own end and making the right plays to clear the puck. SCCC had a few chances, but they were few and far between. tUMD was also winning almost every battle along the boards or races to the puck. Good character weekend.

The call on Kossila was terrible, no doubt. I really wish they would review major penalties. tUMD knows the pain all too well and unfortunately players are going to continue to try and give their team an advantage as long as this is the system. This year has shown it can be a great benefit to your team to flop/dive/get up slow when his from behind/side... not a lot of fun to see.

Finally, man is Kaskisuo a player... crazy that a freshman has had such good rebound control and command in the crease. Great to see him step up so early in the year and take the starting role.
              Me too. Did not see this coming. Agreed with everything you said. Kas basically said it was the easiest game for him this year. The D was playing that well. Also it helps when one of your freshmen forwards takes over in net while your goalie is way outside the crease.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                Lot of whining about a bad major call. Welcome to the NCHC.
                I certainly wasn't whining. UMD didn't score on the major and Kosilla had sucked all weekend so it didn't make a huge difference either way. All I'm saying is it was the wrong call.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                X