This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Old school hockey. The refs are sorting it out. Riley and willow trading punches.

Comment

I'm liking this Shore-Swavely-Vesey line!

4-ZIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        I'm liking this Shore-Swavely-Vesey line!

4-ZIP.
        Nice, no f'in fish
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Morris with a 40 save shutout........who woulda thought that THIS Maine team would be the one to master the Whittemore ice?!?......LOL.

Comment

Morris had looked shaky for most of the year, but his last 3 games he's really turned it around with a 0.67 gaa and a .982 sv%. I think the rotation needs to continue for the time being because neither Romeo or Morris has shown they can carry the load, but both have shown they can be good at times.

Comment

• 6-2 since 1/1/15. The back nine can always be interesting.

Comment

Don't look now but we've climbed to 44th in the pairwise! Goaltending was very good this weekend with the exception of Friday's first period, and most of the offense was provided by the forwards. These guys have won 5 of 6 and are starting to have some fun! The D wasn't their best tonight, maybe the big ice threw them off but they have played much better of late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                  Don't look now but we've climbed to 44th in the pairwise! Goaltending was very good this weekend with the exception of Friday's first period, and most of the offense was provided by the forwards. These guys have won 5 of 6 and are starting to have some fun! The D wasn't their best tonight, maybe the big ice threw them off but they have played much better of late.
                  The has been an issue all year and that remains even during the last few games, the goalies have covered that up. Morris was a stud last night. That save with 3 minutes to go was as good as it gets.

UConn will be a challenge, who ever thought that would be said in their 1st year in HE. Need to keep winning if they want some playoff games at Alfond.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    The has been an issue all year and that remains even during the last few games, the goalies have covered that up. Morris was a stud last night. That save with 3 minutes to go was as good as it gets.

UConn will be a challenge, who ever thought that would be said in their 1st year in HE. Need to keep winning if they want some playoff games at Alfond.
                    The last 10 reg.season games will be tough...UConn has been a surprise in Hockey East thus far with solid goaltending(Nicoles)...Notre Dame will also be tough...another surprise has been Merrimack and we all know that they will play the border line goon hockey...Northeastern has been solid since a awful start to their season and Providence with Gilles in net and they too have turned their season around after playing so-so hockey...tough task ahead for a Home Playoff spot but they play a few of the teams(UConn-Mack-N.Dame-NU)they need to pass in the Standings,not impossible. lets hope these 10 games we see Maine play hungry and with intensity that we all looked for since the beginning of the season.

Comment

Maine will need to sweep a couple of those series......preferably UConn and Merrimack or Northeastern in terms of gaining home playoff games.......although ironically, Notre Dame may be their best chance of getting a sweep out of those left on the schedule.
                      Last edited by umhockey91; 01-25-2015, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                        Maine will need to sweep a couple of those series......preferably UConn and Merrimack or Northeastern in terms of gaining a home playoff game.......although ironically, Notre Dame may be their best chance of getting a sweep out of those left in the schedule.
                        I'd like to see a sweep of UConn, sweep of Notre Dame, split with Merrimack, split with Northeastern, and a tie and loss against Providence. The Merrimack and Providence series will be tough and Maine really needs to make some hay in the other three.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          I'd like to see a sweep of UConn, sweep of Notre Dame, split with Merrimack, split with Northeastern, and a tie and loss against Providence. The Merrimack and Providence series will be tough and Maine really needs to make some hay in the other three.
                          I don't see a sweep against UConn, their goalie is too good for that.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            I don't see a sweep against UConn, their goalie is too good for that.
                            He's been there Backbone all season long...

Comment

UConn has almost been too good this season.......they might be due for a tough weekend.

Comment

Rutt has also been playing better (holy sh*t!)......he made a great play last night as a UNH player was heading to the net.

Comment

Working...
                                X