This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Maines best players played up to their level and that was the key if you ask me. Best game from Devin this season. Alfond was rockin and surprisingly their were quite a few people there, maybe more than friday night? best part, Jake Rutt has been getting killed on the Maine facebook page, take that haters
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Maines best players played up to their level and that was the key if you ask me. Best game from Devin this season. Alfond was rockin and surprisingly their were quite a few people there, maybe more than friday night? best part, Jake Rutt has been getting killed on the Maine facebook page, take that haters
      Jake got two good shots towards the net on offense, good for him to be on the ice in those situations. Just keep working on your game in the defensive zone, with quicker decision making. Especially outlet passes to streaking fwds. Good win this afternoon on a team I know Maine loves to beat.

Comment

Yeah, good win. Now don't let it go to your heads and remember every win must be earned in this league.
        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
          Given what we've all seen this season, I would not wager on Maine beating or tying BC tomorrow.
          Very happy to eat my own words. Sounds like the Bears played well and put in a good effort. Beating the BC team I saw Friday night is an accomplishment. Go Bears.

At UML-BU today, Eichel scored the OT game winner on a screamer from the left side. Nearly a carbon copy of the one he scored in OT vs Maine back on 11/21.

Comment

As hard as I have been on the Goaltending...I have to tip the cap to Romeo,as he played a heck of a game...good job!!! Now lets continue it v. UNH next weekend in a Home and Home series.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              As hard as I have been on the Goaltending...I have to tip the cap to Romeo,as he played a heck of a game...good job!!! Now lets continue it v. UNH next weekend in a Home and Home series.
              Romeo outplayed Demko thats for sure

Comment

Haven't been paying much attention for the last month with Musil not in the lineup. Is there any update on that? (Injury, doghouse, etc.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterboy View Post
                  Haven't been paying much attention for the last month with Musil not in the lineup. Is there any update on that? (Injury, doghouse, etc.)
                  Not in lineup, my guess would be defense

Comment

Glad to see Rutt quieted some of the critics - including me - on Sunday, but it was just one game. Maybe he needs to shoot more

Comment

Congrats on your BC win yesterday! Question: is there a decent feed for Friday night's game? Unlike last year won't be making the trip to Orono...too far a drive with the game being on Friday. Thanks for the info. Hope to see you Maine fans at our house Saturday!
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Congrats on your BC win yesterday! Question: is there a decent feed for Friday night's game? Unlike last year won't be making the trip to Orono...too far a drive with the game being on Friday. Thanks for the info. Hope to see you Maine fans at our house Saturday!
                        goblackbears.com. At the lower right is a link to the feed, which for the first time really sucked for the UML game . Most of the time it is decent. . 8 bucks. It was so bad for that game I demanded and got money back
                        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                          goblackbears.com. At the lower right is a link to the feed, which for the first time really sucked for the UML game . Most of the time it is decent. . 8 bucks. It was so bad for that game I demanded and got money back
                          Thanks!! Hopefully it will be a great game...like it always is when these two clash!
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Thanks!! Hopefully it will be a great game...like it always is when these two clash!
                            Well hopefully the stretch internet feed won't be without sound and half of the video like last time. Its bad enuf to get smacked by umlol, its adding insult to injury when you can't see or hear it to beech about. Anyone know if Fridays game is on wpme in Portland?
                            sure why not

Comment

Just watched my DVR recording of the game. While it was a great win, and hopefully be a building block for the team, I didn't really think they played all that well. The first period they were horrible, couldn't even seem to make a pass, but they got better after they got that first goal. Still, they were really bad at clearing the puck from their own end, and the defense still didn't give Romeo a whole lot of help. I hope those who say we need a goaltender who can steal games were watching this one, cause this win is on his shoulders.

The one real bright spot was they weren't playing back on their heels in the third, and when BC did score, they didn't fall apart or hang their heads, but went right back at them. That's how they have to play if they want to be successful.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Well, don't look now, but Maine has won 5 of the last 8...

And they are going to go up against the bottom end of the league...

Also, here is a link to the highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Mb...ature=youtu.be

Glass half full.

Comment

Working...
                                X