This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Despite the hot streak for BC, they aren't really a team capable of blowing teams out.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I' m going to go watch BC, they should kill Maine today. If Maine can't score on teams without Demko, should be a goose egg on a team with Demko
      Scary..yes...but wouldn't it be nice to see Maine come out and forgive me for thinking this,but taking it to them and sending them home with a "L"..!.....and NO I have not hit the Kool-Aid this morning
      Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 01-18-2015, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        Scary..yes...but wouldn't it be nice to see Maine come out and forgive me for thinking this,but taking it to them and sending them home with a "L"..!.....and NO I have not hit the Kool-Aid this morning
        It would be nice but after watching them play Lowell I see no reason to think they can beat bc
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          I' m going to go watch BC, they should kill Maine today. If Maine can't score on teams without Demko, should be a goose egg on a team with Demko
          Thank god we don't have to face Alabama-Huntsville this year. They'd prob come to Orono and sweep us. They have moved well above us in the pairwise and just swept Nor Michigan. How could this be possible? Somebody wake me up from this dismal nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
            Thank god we don't have to face Alabama-Huntsville this year. They'd prob come to Orono and sweep us. They have moved well above us in the pairwise and just swept Nor Michigan. How could this be possible? Somebody wake me up from this dismal nightmare.
            Wait till Merrimack spanks us twice or even better UConn
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Well said. Goaltending is the least of Maine's problems. You could pick any goalie in hockey east and put them on Maine and Maine's record wouldn't be much if any better. There is no easy fix and people who think that are delusional.
              Wrong. Everything starts between the pipes. Soft goals affect everyone on the team, their mindset and how they play. But the facts are that this team can't score, the d is prone to playing too soft, playing on their heels, giving up odd man rushes and costly turnovers. (and it isn't just Rutt). If you were to put Gillies on this team you would see a completely different team because he makes the saves when the game is on the line.

Comment

On January 14th and 16th 2011 Maine defeated Providence 4-3 in OT and BC 4-1 respectively at Alfond Arena. Maine hammered BC pretty good after losing to them twice earlier in the season. Can history repeat itself? I know, I know, different team different coach, but who knows.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
                  I'm also baffled by the play of Hutton and Shore this year. Team leaders last year, and struggling in the leadership role this year. Maybe Devin needs a little humbling time skating with the fourth line.
                  Funny you should say that, I just finished watching St. Cloud vs. Denver and Jimmy has placed his senior captain down to the fourth line. Coach Montgomery yanked his top goalie Evan Cowley after St. Cloud score one goal. When asked why he said, "I felt he wasn't tracking the puck well."

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    I don't think that Red sucks, but as a first-time college coach at 55, he might not have the kids' ears.

I don't think I'm selling revisionist history here when I say that I liked Corkum's relative youth and his success as a player in both the NCAA (and at Maine) and at the NHL level, back when he was a candidate for the job.

Aren't those the same exact things that Maine is trying to sell to plum recruits? If I'm a kid trying to make it to The Show, I might be much more sold on what Bob has actually accomplished via the same route he's offering me.
                    Fish, I generally agree with you but not here. Is the point about Corkum valid? Absolutely. But if I'm a kid with a real shot at playing NHL, I'm going to listen real hard to a guy with 3 SC rings. Those Devil teams didn't have Red because he was a tag-along or some scamouche. Please.

The problem is now that it's really hard to sell a 6-15-1 (or whatever we are now) program with no strengths to a top D1 potential. No matter if you have 10 Cup rings.

Comment

2-0 Maine in the 2nd

Goal looked like a Pecararro redirect done low in front of a Rutt shot from point.

Comment

BC scores to make it 2-1 Maine with 12 or so to go in the 3rd.

Comment

3-1 Maine after Shore taps home a rebound from a Schurhammer point shot and an offensive zone face off 4-on-4.

Comment

3-2 Maine as BC scores on a Fitzgerald redirect of the puck from a shot from the point. Looks like it was a double redirect.

Comment

4-2 Maine after LaCroix walks through a lot of lumber and bangs home a puck after weird tripping on a odd man rush on a delayed penalty call.

Comment

Maine wins 4-2.

Thought Maine played well. In particular they got great traffic in front and the defense put shots on the blocker from the point. Also, Romeo was very good in net tonight. Also, I think it is worth noting that the Merchant/Higgins/Campbell line played well and showed hustle. Nice to see that too.

Way to go Maine!

Comment

Working...
                                X